Turn on thread page Beta

Should women smoke weed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherie Amour)
    You can die from too much sex and playing video games as well:
    death from sex addiction is from being unsafe hygienically or where you have it and with whom, or cardiac arrest. I was hospitalised for heart palpitations after an orgasm. :teehee:

And death from playing video games because of losing circulation or blood clotting from not getting up. Just...Google. No addiction is trivial to another. Too much of anything is bad.

That being said I don't disagree with weed because of the psychosis thing. Who actually gets psychosis from weed? That's German experiment level. I disagree with cannabis simply because stinky.
    This is what annoys me; when people say "You can die from blah blah blah and this and that is harmful too" yes, we know that.. but what is the point here? sadly, the government only make alcohol and tobacco legal due to the fact that they make so much money off it, it doesn't mean that one is ok just because the other one isn't.

I completely agree that too much of anything is bad, and my point here is that cannabis isn't harmless, it has been known to cause major health problems and is bad for the lungs, there for i'm confused as to why there are so many people wanting it to be legalised.

I don't like cannabis because it simply just makes me feel sick, most of my friends do it and I don't have an issue with it. But personally, it's not for me and I don't think it should be legal and I also don't think that's it's good for anyones health...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Of course not but everything that's not in moderation is unsafe. Water is unsafe because if you drink too much you can die from hyperhydration and that's about the safest thing to consume in the world.
    Lets put it like this; cannabis is alot more harmful than water (why the two are being compared is beyond me) but lets say we put it like that... A is worse than B, there for why would we choose to do A when it has a much bigger risk to our health than what B does?.

I drink 6L of water a day, it's done me nothing but good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    Lets put it like this; cannabis is alot more harmful than water (why the two are being compared is beyond me) but lets say we put it like that... A is worse than B, there for why would we choose to do A when it has a much bigger risk to our health than what B does?.

That is true but the entire premise of my point is doing something in moderation. You can die from drinking too much water, you can die(probably will just pass out and wake up before getting to this point)/get brain damage from having too much cannabis.

Change 6L of water to 15L and tell me it'll do you nothing but good anyway.

Also the weed causing psychosis is most likely down to laced weed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. Just because one drug isn't as bad as the other doesn't make it ok. I'm absolutely sick to death of hearing people saying how video games food masturbation etc is addictive to, yes... they can be. But one is illegal, and the other ones aren't. Simple.
    So you're basing your argument on how "bad" something is by what the law makes of it?

Sorry to break it to you, but "the law" isn't exactly a moral arbiter of society. If it were, it certainly wouldn't have made the comparatively harmless cannabis illegal while promoting alcohol and tobacco use.

And Gordon Brown certainly wouldn't have pushed cannabis to be a Class A drug purely because of his own personal opinion of it, making it seem like a worse deal than amphetamines (he really didn't think that one through).

The government also wouldn't have made Professor David Nutt resign when he presented them with a scientific study based on the comparative harms and addictive properties of various substances, if they were so concerned with holding a moral high ground.

So whether something is illegal or not isn't a very good indicator of how harmful it is.

Cannabis has known to cause major psychosis (i know from people who have been through it. ) so don't sit here and try and tell me that it's completely harmful, because it's not.
    Do you mean "harmless"?
    It doesn't cause psychosis. Everyone knows a guy who knows a guy who went off the deep-end because they smoked a joint at a party once, and it's all hysterical bull****.

Some things people fail to realise:
    - The connection between cannabis and mental disorders is correlation, not causation.
    - Psychoactive chemicals are more likely to cause pre-existing genetic conditions to become apparent at an earlier age, they do not magically create them out of thin air (unless you're so bang on the hardcore psychedelics 24/7 that you lose contact with reality completely, but even then that's not a guaranteed conclusion).
    - There was a theory (backed up with evidence from a study, though I can't remember how long ago) posited a while back people who have these genetic conditions are more likely to smoke cannabis, or take other substances, of their own accord without even knowing that they had these underlying conditions.
    The conclusion drawn from the study was that people with these disorders were more likely to smoke cannabis, instead of the common interpretation of the correlation between the two being that people who smoke cannabis are more likely to get mental disorders.

You go and learn yourself some knowledge, if you think cannabis is 100% harmful then you are part of this issue. Goodbye.
    I've been a pro-legalisation nut for a while, I know more about cannabis and the effects it has than most people as a whole, let alone the people on here who continue to parrot their poorly-grounded opinions as if they were fact.

I've been arguing the pro-legalisation points for a long while before you signed up to the site, and I've had more success than failure in doing so because of my annoying tendency to stick to arguments that involve logic and impartial scientific studies.
    Amusingly, most of my detractors are of the ilk that believe everything that government says about it without bothering to look any information up for themselves.

And stop conflating "harmful" and "harmless", it's doing your argument no favours.

ReputationRep:
    This is what annoys me; when people say "You can die from blah blah blah and this and that is harmful too" yes, we know that.. but what is the point here? sadly, the government only make alcohol and tobacco legal due to the fact that they make so much money off it, it doesn't mean that one is ok just because the other one isn't.

I completely agree that too much of anything is bad, and my point here is that cannabis isn't harmless, it has been known to cause major health problems and is bad for the lungs, there for i'm confused as to why there are so many people wanting it to be legalised.

I don't like cannabis because it simply just makes me feel sick, most of my friends do it and I don't have an issue with it. But personally, it's not for me and I don't think it should be legal and I also don't think that's it's good for anyones health...
    Is the first bit to me because I mentioned video game dangers lol? It sounds silly, but it's true.

And yes that is why tobacco is legal, and alcohol tax, yes. Far smarter than Prohibition to charge people extra for their guilty pleasures :laugh:

Misread, nevermind, or you quickly edited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    So what we get drunk?
    So what we smoke weed?
    We’re just having fun
    We don’t care who sees
    So what we go out?
    That’s how it's supposed to be
    Living young and wild and free

In other words girls should smoke weed at least once 😉
    jfc cringey sh*t like this makes me want to stop smoking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caracharlotte)
    What on earth has given you the impression that men get stressed more? Violent urges? Please stop you're lowering the IQ of everybody here.

Yes, if you were to actually think about it, soldiers,labourers, police being filled with the majority if men.Men are expected to take on stressful careers.It is much stressful to be a man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    jfc cringey sh*t like this makes me want to stop smoking
    then stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiifuu)
    takes a roadmen to know a roadmen
    *roadman *roadman

ReputationRep:

6L is way too much. Aren't you in the toilet for most of the day? Even 4 litres is too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    6L is way too much. Aren't you in the toilet for most of the day? Even 4 litres is too much
    Yeah, a lot of the time. I just have 3 2 litre bottles a day, just a routine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you fall over when you carry it?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is that even possible?
    As a man I cannot even consume that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    I have never once, iinsisted that wwomen are only capable of just being housewives.
    Then explain to me your reasoning behind the fact that women should be more concerned about their image than men.

ReputationRep:
    But one is illegal, and the other ones aren't. Simple.
    So in places where cannabis is legal, you would have no problem with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soffie)
    Then explain to me your reasoning behind the fact that women should be more concerned about their image than men.

Presentation is a part of female nature.
    Also cosmetics was invented for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree wit you ther Op. why is there no make up for men? cuz of the female brain (Simon Baron-Cohen) (its a legit theory so google it)

all females want is men to stare at them so tht we can fk them and produce kiddi winks.

now if we blez the dank, it dont matter cuz we cn fk anyway.

but dank cud pop a chicks ovaries. we have ultd sperms but they dont.

ReputationRep:
    Presentation is not part of 'female nature'. It's all media influence, this influence being merely the remnants of outdated traditional views concerning the roles of women in society. But now as the developping world is becoming more advanced, and more people are being educated, these views are fading out of the picture.
    (Oh, and did you happen to notice how these ridiculous views mainly exist in third world countries, where women and a lot of men are still largely uneducated?)
    While it's true that cosmetics target largely a female audience, how did this manifest? Media influence, of course! And the principal motive of both the media and the cosmetics industry? Money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soffie)
    Presentation is not part of 'female nature'. It's all media influence, this influence being merely the remnants of outdated traditional views concerning the roles of women in society. But now as the developping world is becoming more advanced, and more people are being educated, these views are fading out of the picture.

(Oh, and did you happen to notice how these ridiculous views mainly exist in third world countries, where women and a lot of men are still largely uneducated?)

While it's true that cosmetics target largely a female audience, how did this manifest? Media influence, of course! And the principal motive of both the media and the cosmetics industry? Money.

So you feel the need to call me uneducated?Okay kl.

ReputationRep:
    So you feel the need to call me uneducated?Okay kl.
    I'm not suggesting that you are uneducated. I just think that some of your opinions are outdated.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.