Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    More contradictions from Gerrard regarding the coaching role.

He says that he'd have loved to have done it, and admits he'd have readily taken a pay cut, but why not enter the discussions with FSG (who "didn't do enough" to keep him, apparently) and lay out that that is what you wanted?

The sooner this book preparation and promotion is over, the better.

ReputationRep:
    Well I feel a bit better about losing to West Ham now since they also beat Arsenal and Man City..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Real shame about Henderson's injury, to be honest. We've been desperately unlucky with getting players back to training and reintegrating them following setbacks, only for them to get another injury which is even worse.

ReputationRep:
    A few rumours going round that Sturridge is starting. IF that's true (I hope it isn't, would be silly to start him after 6 months out), that surely contradicts the propaganda journalists claiming Rodgers is safe. Would be pure desperation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Well I feel a bit better about losing to West Ham now since they also beat Arsenal and Man City..
    Of course part of me feels the same, but our performance can't be justified by West Ham beating those two.

City and Arsenal created a plethora of chances and were denied by an incredible defensive and goalkeeping display.

On the other hand we had one shot on target, from Lovren. We could still be playing them to this day and we wouldn't have scored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    Of course part of me feels the same, but our performance can't be justified by West Ham beating those two.

City and Arsenal created a plethora of chances and were denied by an incredible defensive and goalkeeping display.

On the other hand we had one shot on target, from Lovren. We could still be playing them to this day and we wouldn't have scored.
    Couldn't agree more.

West Ham may have beaten Arsenal and rode their luck vs City but they absolutely DESTROYED us.
    At the end of the day, a loss is a loss but we were absolutely nowhere near.
    It was embarrassing...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rumoured team (take with a pinch of salt - we'll find out in 2 hours anyway):

Mignolet, Clyne, Sakho, Skrtel, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke , Sturridge

Wow I feel so sorry for Firmino. I remember watching him week in week out flourishing as one of the most promising no. 10s in Europe for Hoffenheim. Now he's been given 5 games here as a right winger (never played there once last season) and he's a bench player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    Rumoured team (take with a pinch of salt - we'll find out in 2 hours anyway):

Mignolet, Clyne, Sakho, Skrtel, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke , Sturridge

Wow I feel so sorry for Firmino. I remember watching him week in week out flourishing as one of the most promising no. 10s in Europe for Hoffenheim. Now he's been given 5 games here as a right winger (never played there once last season) and he's a bench player.
    Sturridge and Sakho starting would please me.

Firmino needs some time away from the limelight to settle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    More contradictions from Gerrard regarding the coaching role.

He says that he'd have loved to have done it, and admits he'd have readily taken a pay cut, but why not enter the discussions with FSG (who "didn't do enough" to keep him, apparently) and lay out that that is what you wanted?

The sooner this book preparation and promotion is over, the better.
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/...topic=322947.0

On Gerrard and Rafa, and the new book. It's one of the best pieces I've ever read on football.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Rodgers plays two up front. keep it simple, score some goals!

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see Sturridge making his return after 6 months on the right wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samiz)
    Cut the ****ing drama mate
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1442757668.544184.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  92.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Great to see Sakho starting.
    A little unsure about Sturridge but perhaps he'll come off for Firmino or Ings in the second half.

Should be routine.
    The key word is "should"...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At least Rodgers has finally dropped Lovren. Really hope Sakho puts in an immense performance to keep his spot.

Sturridge being fit will be huge since he gives us the flexibility to play 4-4-2 or he can play on the flanks in a 4-3-3 and still score.

I think we'll see a better Benteke today Coutinho tends to play better with Sturridge in the side too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very excited to see Sturridge, Benteke and Coutinho linking up today.

I was worried when Benteke signed that he'd be Carroll MK II and that we just pissed £30 million up the wall. But so far Benteke has proved me wrong and is settling down pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see Sturridge back.

ReputationRep:
    Slow start but it's starting to come now. It's still not really clicking but you can see there is still the potential in this team to be deadly once we up the tempo.

ReputationRep:
    The play has been much better with Sturridge and Sakho in the side.

ReputationRep:
    Sakho has been really good, criminal how Lovren has been starting over him.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.