The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n09
What are you talking about man, read my post again, i said nothing about a clock.

Christ if you're that scared of electronics because of the possibility it could be a bomb

Are you missing the point on purpose? The reason I said I can understand the suspicion is because it looks **** all like a clock, not because I am scared of electronics ffs :rolleyes:
Original post by Hydeman
Ah, when a Muslim calls somebody else 'stupid.' Very amusing indeed.

This argument doesn't stack up either: trying to deflect blame and saying 'oh but look at the school shootings! what about them, huh?' is a fallacy.

'Innocent kids who are geniuses.' The boy was behaving suspiciously. Plain and simple. You're the one turning this into something about religion and asking that he be excused because he's sensitive to being called a terrorist.

Everyone except Muslims, whose feelings must take precedence over the safety of non-Muslims. Equality my ass.

Bish just shush,I'm not even Muslims so go and educate yourself be fore making assumptions. Who says he was acting suspicious or are you just making up more nonsense?

Yes equality. And justice. I'm glad people are seeing America for the bull**** it is. First the black lives matter hashtag and now this. What a year it's been
Original post by jedanselemyia
I wasn't saying that, I'm well aware that Boko Haram have put bombs on small children to blow them up.
I just hope that Ahmed copes with it and I understand why people would think it was linked to the fact that he's black and Muslim.

The OP seems to be the only one who thinks that. :/ It's almost funny that she can't see that the only person getting worked up about his religion here is her. Because, obviously, if a Muslim gets arrested for suspicious behaviour, it's all because of his religion and not because he was behaving suspiciously.
Original post by queen-bee
You tell me,seeing as we should be cautious of everybody nowadays since 9/11. Let's start with the schools

You are the one who brought it up, I don't think that there needs to be that many changes to the US gun laws other than having a system more like our own.

But even with more security with gun ownership there is still the issue of gun culture which will take decades if not a century to fix as it is deeply rooted throughout the US.

I believe that introducing metal detectors is a great idea, but costly and some areas will not be able to afford those measures. If it were up to me I would implement trained armed guards, but that once again is costly.

There is no simple solution.
Original post by Hydeman
I'm not saying that they would. Wonderful logic you've got. Here's how your thought process probably went before you typed out this nonsensical reply:

'Oh ****, he's pointed out a mistake in my argument! But I don't wanna be wrong! Wrong bad! Right good! Quick, let's turn this on him and accuse him of claiming that everyone's reaction would be the same as his, despite having made the same bull**** argument myself.'

Retard.

Somebody seems upset. There there also nobody was arguing so calm the **** down.
Bish just shush,I'm not even Muslims so go and educate yourself be fore making assumptions. Who says he was acting suspicious or are you just making up more nonsense?

Yes equality. And justice. I'm glad people are seeing America for the bull**** it is. First the black lives matter hashtag and now this. What a year it's been

No thanks, I think I won't shush. :tongue:

It's plainly not suspicious when you hear ticking and other noises from a bag, is it? I mean, you're right, they should probably have ignored it because the feelings of the one kid are way more important than checking out what sounds awfully like a bomb, aren't they? Fool. It's amazing how somebody as stupid as you thinks you're in any position to preach to others about education.

Lives matter. End of. The whole #BlackLivesMatter affair was an exercise in pointless tribalism.
Original post by Hydeman
The OP seems to be the only one who thinks that. :/ It's almost funny that she can't see that the only person getting worked up about his religion here is her. Because, obviously, if a Muslim gets arrested for suspicious behaviour, it's all because of his religion and not because he was behaving suspiciously.

Who thinks what? Suspicious behaviour? Hahahahah I didn't know carrying a home made clock counts as suspicious behaviour
Say it louder? Because he was black and he is a Muslim. It's just sad

Very sad indeed :frown:

The irony.
Original post by gijops
x

Blimey, India and Israel suffer a lot don't they?
Original post by nucdev
Blimey, India and Israel suffer a lot don't they?

Didn't you know? Palestine and Hamas get a free pass when it comes to terrorism.
Original post by Hydeman
No thanks, I think I won't shush. :tongue:

It's plainly not suspicious when you hear ticking and other noises from a bag, is it? I mean, you're right, they should probably have ignored it because the feelings of the one kid are way more important than checking out what sounds awfully like a bomb, aren't they? Fool. It's amazing how somebody as stupid as you thinks you're in any position to preach to others about education.

Lives matter. End of. The whole #BlackLivesMatter affair was an exercise in pointless tribalism.

Well seeing as you were quick to assume **** I told you to go and educate your ass. End of

Yeah it definitely looks like a bomb to me and probably had nothing to do with a suspicious name such as Ahmed. It's crazy the lengths you're going to to try and justify this but it's happened and hopefully America can learn from this. No more racial profiling.

Oh so now you also have an issue with blacklivesmatter eh. Because it's not convincing enough that black people/men in particular at being murdered by the very people who are supposed to serve and protect them. Get outta here
Reply 152
Original post by Wilfred Little
Are you missing the point on purpose? The reason I said I can understand the suspicion is because it looks **** all like a clock, not because I am scared of electronics ffs :rolleyes:

You mean you'd have been just as scared if he brought in a sun dial?
Original post by Fango_Jett
The irony.

Yes so so ironic
Original post by Fango_Jett
Didn't you know? Palestine and Hamas get a free pass when it comes to terrorism.

Careful - anyone would think your anti-Palestine! :eek:

Lol
Original post by DiddyDec
You are the one who brought it up, I don't think that there needs to be that many changes to the US gun laws other than having a system more like our own.

But even with more security with gun ownership there is still the issue of gun culture which will take decades if not a century to fix as it is deeply rooted throughout the US.

I believe that introducing metal detectors is a great idea, but costly and some areas will not be able to afford those measures. If it were up to me I would implement trained armed guards, but that once again is costly.

There is no simple solution.

One thing we can finally agree on
Well seeing as you were quick to assume **** I told you to go and educate your ass. End of

Yeah it definitely looks like a bomb to me and probably had nothing to do with a suspicious name such as Ahmed. It's crazy the lengths you're going to to try and justify this but it's happened and hopefully America can learn from this. No more racial profiling.

Oh so now you also have an issue with blacklivesmatter eh. Because it's not convincing enough that black people/men in particular at being murdered by the very people who are supposed to serve and protect them. Get outta here

If anyone needs to justify anything here, it's you. You're the one claiming it was racial profiling so you better have some solid evidence before you expect to be taken seriously and seen as anything more than a shrill, pro-Islam hag whining about why Muslims don't get special treatment.

Yes, I do have an issue with #BlackLivesMatter because I don't think the qualification of 'black' is needed. I merely say that lives matter; if you think that's an advocacy of murdering blacks, then you really ought to go back to school and learn English.
All I know is, better be safe than sorry, and carry out extra checks just in case.

Can you imagine the outrage if it had been a bomb and nobody had bothered to check? It's all very easy to say oh well it obviously wasn't a bomb, isn't hindsight a wonderful thing.
Original post by Hydeman
If anyone needs to justify anything here, it's you. You're the one claiming it was racial profiling so you better have some solid evidence before you expect to be taken seriously and seen as anything more than a shrill, pro-Islam hag whining about why Muslims don't get special treatment.

Yes, I do have an issue with #BlackLivesMatter because I don't think the qualification of 'black' is needed. I merely say that lives matter; if you think that's an advocacy of murdering blacks, then you really ought to go back to school and learn English.

See you're already butthurt over nothing. Calm yourself boy

What other lives do you know are at the hands of police brutality? Is it white lives?
If you're trying to make out as if terrorism doesn't use Islam as a platform then you're just being wilfully ignorant. It's natural for people to be more cautious of something that has a recent track record of holding violent outburst, even if it is a minority.

This sort of prejudice is not exclusive to race or gender and happens often outside of those circumstances except it's acceptable.
If a dog bit you, would you keep dogs at an arm length? Of course you would, you prejudiced monster. /Sarcasm

Not to say it's right, but it's instinct.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest