Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry Watch

Amy2411
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys, I'm currently in year 1 of Medicine at Keele. I'm a graduate with a BMedSc and an MSc but it took me 3 goes at getting into Medicine and I nearly gave up! If any of you want advice about the interview process or the course in general just shout, happy to help
Lisagee10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cravez)
Can I copy and paste sections from my PS into the form?
More like can I copy and paste a sentence from my PS? They really don't give us a lot of room on this form, do they? I've got 171 words for one section!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amy2411
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rickstahhh)
Yes, they interview the top 100 applicants based purely on academics. To achieve full academic marks, you need 7 A*s at GCSE and 4 As at AS. But if you have achieved A2 grades, you need 3 A*s at A2 and an A at AS for full marks.
Rickstahhh, this is not entirely true, I had no where near the grades you have stated and got an interview and an offer within a week! Keele place a huge amount of emphasis on work experience and patient interaction - it is right up there with good academics. Obviously it is unlikely you can study Medicine without having good grades but no one should give up as I got ABC at A Level and I've still managed to get there and a lot of people in my year aren't straight A/A* candidates They follow this through on the course, we have 'EL' sessions every week which focus on communication skills and exploring questions such as 'what makes a good Doctor'.
Rickstahhh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amy2411)
Rickstahhh, this is not entirely true, I had no where near the grades you have stated and got an interview and an offer within a week! Keele place a huge amount of emphasis on work experience and patient interaction - it is right up there with good academics. Obviously it is unlikely you can study Medicine without having good grades but no one should give up as I got ABC at A Level and I've still managed to get there and a lot of people in my year aren't straight A/A* candidates They follow this through on the course, we have 'EL' sessions every week which focus on communication skills and exploring questions such as 'what makes a good Doctor'.
I hear what you are saying.
But, I am talking about the 100 people they interview based purely on academics.
They interview a further 300 maybe 400 depending on R&R and other factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chzm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amy2411)
Can I ask what u spoke about in ur roles and responsibilities form, obviously not to plagiarise ! However I did work exp at a hospital and hospice, both of which involved a lot of shadowing, I also work at a tutor centre but have never really had the opportunity to go above and beyond my expected role as it's just helping young students with maths and English. After looking at the website, it seems they want examples of outstanding activity
sarahurok
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you fill out the form I've noticed the maximum limit for characters for each section is 1100 characters yet it shouldn't be for the last two sections should it???
katherine_b
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sarahurok)
When you fill out the form I've noticed the maximum limit for characters for each section is 1100 characters yet it shouldn't be for the last two sections should it???
I noticed this too! I'm unsure what to do,whether to stick to the limit that they say or to go up to the 1,100 character limit....
The extra characters sure would be useful, but I don't want it to get cut off when they receive it or something. I'm gonna email them to ask so hopefully they will reply tomorrow
sarahurok
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes!! I have emailed too, I'm just not sure whether to add more into the box and go over or stay to the limit
(Original post by katherine_b)
I noticed this too! I'm unsure what to do,whether to stick to the limit that they say or to go up to the 1,100 character limit....
The extra characters sure would be useful, but I don't want it to get cut off when they receive it or something. I'm gonna email them to ask so hopefully they will reply tomorrow
mutayymate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any graduates been asked to send a transcript? I don't feel like this is a good sign at all :'(
SAmandha
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mutayymate)
Any graduates been asked to send a transcript? I don't feel like this is a good sign at all :'(
I am a graduate and I haven't been asked to send a transcript yet. When were you asked?
mutayymate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SAmandha)
I am a graduate and I haven't been asked to send a transcript yet. When were you asked?
I was asked on 19th October.
Aileanajackson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was asked on 19th October.
Are you a science graduate or non-science based?
katherine_b
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope, but at least you know they are considering you! Did you put any of your university module grades on your UCAS form?
mutayymate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Aileanajackson)
Are you a science graduate or non-science based?
Biomed Grad
daisy170398
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I submitted my form today 😁 if you go over the limit it tells you so you can change it!
a209150
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Can you help me with what to put in?
Like qualities?
HCAssistant93
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did you put all your module marked from 2nd and 3rd year on UCAS? Cos they could just be asking for that reason.

I'm a grad and out all my marks down and I haven't been emailed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deviance
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rickstahhh)
You do not have to use all the experiences stated.
Just use the ones you think are appropriate for each section. So you can use the same one for all 4 if it seems to fit.
Thank you!
Deviance
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
one more question - does anyone know how much consideration they take into the exceptional difficulty/circumstance section and whether any other reference besides your school reference is acceptable? thanks!
daisy170398
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by a209150)
Can you help me with what to put in?
Like qualities?
Which section are you stuck on?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?