Turn on thread page Beta

OFFICIAL Leeds university Dentistry 2016 applicants watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    At sixth form
    (Original post by FarahN)
    so it's within the sixth form or is it externally organised?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fangbandit)
    At sixth form
    That's cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucyTips)
    Anyone have a Leeds interview on 16th Feb??
    I do!

ReputationRep:
    I got one on the 17th in the afternoon! So happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciupi97)
    I got one on the 17th in the afternoon! So happy!
    OMDs samee. how are you preparing? have you recieved a letter from them yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi how is everyone preparing for their Leeds interview?

I'm actually excited for it coz i love leeds university!

Btw does anyone know if they ask the standard interview questions.
    E.g Why do you want to be a dentist? why leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have you? I really want to go to Leeds, I love both the city and uni (been to 4 open days there haha) . My preparation is not very structured now..I'm just doing some origami, getting people to help me with the very weird titled presentation, and just general research. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    Hi how is everyone preparing for their Leeds interview?

I'm actually excited for it coz i love leeds university!

Btw does anyone know if they ask the standard interview questions.
    E.g Why do you want to be a dentist? why leeds?
    I would love to know as well!

ReputationRep:
    How would you prepare for the interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarahN)
    Interview on 15th Feb in the morning
    Ah! Same here! I'm finding it tricky to prep though ://

ReputationRep:
    Im really stuck on what to talk about in my speech ? Like is anyone coming back as an animal or what ? 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same I don't know what to do. Can you be reincarnated to someone in the past or is that not possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I was thinking more along the lines of an animal or object since it says 'what' would you come back as...not sure if a person counts? Also does it have to relate to dentistry/qualities of a dentist?
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    But what object could you reincarnate as?

Do you think that they will mind if the presentation runs just over 3 minutes

ReputationRep:
    How's everybody revising ethics for dentistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cilla_e)
    But what object could you reincarnate as?

Do you think that they will mind if the presentation runs just over 3 minutes

Apparently they time you for three minutes. And once three minutes are over they stop you so they can ask you questions for four minutes

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else dreading this presentation in case it isn't what they were expecting aha

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    This thread seems kind of lifeless haha
    My answer and some advice to your questions on the presentation is that, make sure you answer the question as 'what' not 'who' , just to be certain you're not doing it wrong ; Also, remember to sound passionate even if you might not care about it and maybe link it to dentistry !

PS *waiting for more people to join this thread*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlevelStudent27)
    Same here, I was thinking more along the lines of an animal or object since it says 'what' would you come back as...not sure if a person counts? Also does it have to relate to dentistry/qualities of a dentist?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel the same, I am really confused about what they mean... I was going to go for a person in the past, but now I am really unsure :s how are other people interpreting the question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciupi97)
    Hey guys!
    This thread seems kind of lifeless haha So why not go through every Station (all 8) and exlain how each prepares for them..just try and help each other
    Also does anybody know whether the people that have the interview, say on Monday/Tuesday could help and give tips for those on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday? Such as what was the ethical question about..I suppose it's going to be the same for everyone right?
    Lastly, my answer and some advices to your questions on the presentation is that, make sure you answer the question as 'what' not 'who' , just to be certain you're not doing it wrong ; Also, remember to sound passionate even if you might not care about it and maybe link it to dentistry !

PS *waiting for more people to join this thread*
    But cant what be a human ? 😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.