Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have two mixed race parents. This question is meaningless to me .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm interested to see what the distribution of responses is regarding dating outside your race. I don't see not dating outside of one's race to be racist (for me it's about having a similar background which is why I personally just date people similar to me) but I'm interested in seeing where people stand on this issue.
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I dislike black or Asian people I just don't tend to find them attractive, or at least not as attractive as white girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Can't see why I wouldn't
    If you ever have children: do you want them to vaguely look like you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)
    :shock: and there are people that think it's exclusively our (Hindu) problem lol.

In any case, I thought as Sikhs, you were supposed to have completely rejected Jāti (caste) hence the surnames Kaur and Singh?
    Doesn't stop some people from believing in it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm interested to see what the distribution of responses is regarding dating outside your race. I don't see not dating outside of one's race to be racist (for me it's about having a similar background which is why I personally just date people similar to me) but I'm interested in seeing where people stand on this issue.
    The issue isn't race it's beliefs and culture issues.

/thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Wave of Wisdom)
    If you ever have children: do you want them to vaguely look like you?
    I don't really look like my dad; who cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I don't really look like my dad; who cares
    You're more likely to resemble your parents if you're the same colour js
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    You're more likely to resemble your parents if you're the same colour js
    I know, but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    I want my children to look like me.
    My parents are from different race. I look exactly like my father. It's possible even if one parent is 'different'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    I would since I have a strong preference for white girls. But white girls never go for Oriental guys. :sad:
    Change the record I beg you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    My parents are from different race. I look exactly like my father. It's possible even if one parent is 'different'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have physical traits (blond hair, blue eyes) that are pretty much exclusive to the white race and even then they are in the minority. If I had children with a woman of a different race those traits would likely be lost.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    I have physical traits (blond hair, blue eyes) that are pretty much exclusive to the white race and even then they are in the minority. If I had children with a woman of a different race those traits would likely be lost.
    Yes but certain disadvantageous traits are also pretty much exclusive to the white race - cystic fibrosis being the prime example. Inbreeding is bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.