Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Nottingham Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What score did you get on the UKCAT?
    <500
    0%
    500-550
    0%
    550-574
    0%
    575-600
    2.13%
    600-624
    5.32%
    625-649
    8.51%
    650-674
    17.02%
    675-699
    19.15%
    700-724
    24.47%
    725-749
    7.45%
    750-774
    3.19%
    775-799
    5.32%
    800-824
    1.06%
    825-849
    3.19%
    >850
    3.19%

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the score of 39 was an instant rejection without checking personal statement. With 45 the personal statement was checked and if it was amazing then they still progressed to interview. I know someone this year who had a score of 42 with an interview. Not sure though, just speculating. (I had a score of 48 and got an interview a couple of days ago)

ReputationRep:
    I was told when I rang up that the pre-ps score was just to get you into the next stage of having your PS read. Then they give interviews to the people with the best Personal Statements, So it doesnt really matter what your pre - PS score was when you get into the second stage.

Given the fact that people have been rejected with high pre-ps scores I think this must be right.

ReputationRep:
    Great so on the website it says 39 and now I get an email saying it's 46... really fair

ReputationRep:
    just received feedback saying the cut off score was 46?
    wondering people with scores of 48 not getting interviewed though?

ReputationRep:
    Was that feedback via an email saying you had to had 46 before PS was read ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadLashes)
    Was that feedback via an email saying you had to had 46 before PS was read ?
    On this occasion, the threshold for further consideration for home and EU applications was 46 and for overseas applications it was 45.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have my interview next month. i wondering if any of you know if the Pre-interview scores matter for the final result or is it just going to be focused on the interview?

ReputationRep:
    I also received a rejection today, for anyone who received a rejection don't be disheartened as at Nottingham it is hard to get an interview, but anyone who got an interview well done and good luck, interview to offer rates are one of the best from Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    So it went from:

GCSE applicants: at least 39 points to be considered at the personal statement stage and 45 to proceed to interview.

to...

On this occasion, the threshold for further consideration for home and EU applications was 46 and for overseas applications it was 45.

Well that went well.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well I have 44 and they have not bothered to email me. I only applied as I comfortably made last years cut off.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected by email. Received 2 with 'feedback ' - my pre interview score was 45.
    Doesn't matter, it was my 4th choice and do have 2 interviews and an offer (insurance) that I'm grateful for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikbri16)
    Hi. I have my interview next month. i wondering if any of you know if the Pre-interview scores matter for the final result or is it just going to be focused on the interview?
    Pre interview is irrelevant once you get to interview, it said in an introductory video you get shown on the interview day

ReputationRep:
    I now know of a couple of people who've had offers earlier this week. Does anybody know if a lot of people have heard (I haven't!) or whether this is just the "cream of the crop".

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer today! Track updated at 6:29

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newgirl66)
    I now know of a couple of people who've had offers earlier this week. Does anybody know if a lot of people have heard (I haven't!) or whether this is just the "cream of the crop".
    I haven't heard either! The suspense is killing me... We're supposed to hear by the end of the month I think, or the beginning of March. I'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newgirl66)
    Doubt it was the "cream of the crop". I got an offer a couple of days ago but was pretty sure my interview went **** - I talked too fast, I rambled on sometimes and probably repeated points. So I definitely am not cream of the crop :lol: I reckon they're just slowly giVing out offers over a couple of weeks. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I know this thread is super dead now, but could anyone tell me if the BMedSci is considered equivalent to a degree awarded during an intercalated year at another medical school? (With regard to employment etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candor)
    I know this thread is super dead now, but could anyone tell me if the BMedSci is considered equivalent to a degree awarded during an intercalated year at another medical school? (With regard to employment etc.)
    Spoke to a med student at Notts on the phone, she said a degree during an intercalated year is worth 4 points, the BMedSci is worth 3, in terms of the points you get when you graduate and start the foundation programme application stuff

ReputationRep:
    Sadly the BMedSci is only worth one point towards F1 placements as it does not require an extra year. The ones that do require a year gain 4 points for a 1st, 3 points for a 2:1 ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by florencemary98)
    Sadly the BMedSci is only worth one point towards F1 placements as it does not require an extra year. The ones that do require a year gain 4 points for a 1st, 3 points for a 2:1 ect.
    From FP/AFP Applicant's Handbook June 2015 (pg 17)

Name:  Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 17.59.37.png
Views: 293
Size:  64.1 KB

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.