The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt 2016 Applicants - Ask us anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Hi EllieC12345,

Apologies for the delay in getting your offer to you and I know that you are worried.

Just to explain what we do here at the university, we like to look at every application in detail (Personal Statement, Tutor Reference etc.) so it takes us a little more time. It is not a bad thing that you haven't heard anything yet.

I totally understand it is one of the most stressful decisions to make having gone through it myself just a few years ago. If you would like to speak directly to the admissions tutor just drop us an email [email protected]

Hope this helps and good luck for when the offer comes.

Cheers,
Keir :smile:

Hey thank you for getting back to me xx
That eases my worries about it :smile:
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Made heriot watt my firm for computer systems :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are there any opportunities available to visit the campus after June?
Original post by kkboyk
Are there any opportunities available to visit the campus after June?

Hi kkboyk,

We can schedule you in for an individual visit if you want. Drop [email protected] a wee email with when you are planning to come to the campus and we will try and get a member of staff to take you on a campus tour.

Cheers,
Keir
Reply 144
any updates on chemical engineering offers? heard back from all other universities ages ago, don't know why it has taken Heriot Watt so much longer than the rest?
Original post by EllieC12345
Hey thank you for getting back to me xx
That eases my worries about it :smile:

Just heard from Heriot-Watt and got an unconditional! Most likely this will be my first choice xxxx
Original post by sm11
any updates on chemical engineering offers? heard back from all other universities ages ago, don't know why it has taken Heriot Watt so much longer than the rest?

Hi sm11,

Chemical Engineering is one of our most popular courses in the University. We receive many applications for this course, it is actually our most popular.

Apologies that we are taking a bit longer than your other unis. I wouldn't take this as a negative, we will be considering your application alongside the other students. If you are worried about your application feel free to send the admissions tutor a wee email [email protected].

Good luck with your application.

Cheers,
Keir
Original post by EllieC12345
Just heard from Heriot-Watt and got an unconditional! Most likely this will be my first choice xxxx

Congrats EllieC12345!!!! :banana:

Delighted you have got the offer you wanted. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Keir
Does anyone know when applications for accommodation open? Which are the best halls, not sure on what they're like at Heriot Watt..
Hi, I'm wondering when the last phsycology and forensic phsycology offers will go out please?
Original post by emilyiris
Does anyone know when applications for accommodation open? Which are the best halls, not sure on what they're like at Heriot Watt..

Hi EmilyirisAccom opens on 8th April. More info here http://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/campus-life/edinburgh/accommodation.htmQuite a few different options to choose from. You can also take virtual tour of the campus and see some of the different halls:http://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/visit-us/virtual-tours.htmHappy choosing!CheersSophie
Original post by jmcwitch
Hi, I'm wondering when the last phsycology and forensic phsycology offers will go out please?

Hi jmcwitch,

We are currently giving out offers all the time, our deadline is the 31st of March and we are hoping to get all offers out before then. Hope you hear from us soon but if you are worried just get in touch.

Cheers,
Keir
Reply 152
Has any EU applicant received an offer for Business Management?
Is anyone visiting the campus on 16th March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell me about the social aspect of the uni...Is the student union any good? Thanks :smile:
I received a conditional offer for chemical engineering 👍🏼👍🏼... But recently have got unconditional offers from 2 other university who gave me initially a conditional offer but then a month later sent email saying they would like to give me an unconditional offer. The terms for these unconditional offers are if I firm them but definitely don't want to go to either university. My questions is, is this the case with Herriot watt would I be made an unconditional offer at any point even after receiving my conditional offer ?
I applied to chemical engineering and haven't heard back yet but I've seen other people receiving offers on tsr, does this mean I'll likely receive a rejection?
Original post by CPM98
Has any EU applicant received an offer for Business Management?

Hi CPM98,

Management has started giving out offers but I know there was lots of applications this year but the admissions team are busily working away so hopefully you will hear from us soon.

Cheers,
Keir
Original post by alex1799
Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell me about the social aspect of the uni...Is the student union any good? Thanks :smile:

Hi alex1799,

The Student Union is very good, we have a cafe, a bar and a nightclub area so there is plenty space to meet your pals. I would particularly recommend the nacho's from the bar, they are a highlight for me on campus!

The Student Union isn't just about its space, they also have an amazing advice hub so if you need any support you can head there for advice. The Union also plays host to about 50 different clubs and societies ranging from the Am Dram Society (who do 2 pantos a year) right the way through to the Actuarial Society and the Chemistry Society (more academic). The clubs are a great way to meet people and here at HW we have something for everyone.

If you want to find out more about the HW union here is a link to their webpage. http://www.hwunion.com/

Feel free to ask more questions though if you have any,
Cheers,
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sarish..
I received a conditional offer for chemical engineering 👍🏼👍🏼... But recently have got unconditional offers from 2 other university who gave me initially a conditional offer but then a month later sent email saying they would like to give me an unconditional offer. The terms for these unconditional offers are if I firm them but definitely don't want to go to either university. My questions is, is this the case with Herriot watt would I be made an unconditional offer at any point even after receiving my conditional offer ?

Hi sarish,

As far as I am aware HW wouldn't come back to you and make you an unconditional offer. We have put the conditions on your offer as we want you to do well in your exams this year. Please consider your offers carefully before making your final decisions and if I can give you any advice please get in touch.

Cheers,

Quick Reply

Latest