Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohan.nuck)
    Great I was well prepared. I could not do the last one though so I'm expecting between 97-90
    Yours?
    That's really good. It was quite good as well - I had a bit of trouble with the range of a function from the maths section, and factoring in silly errors, I probably am looking at around 75-ish.

ReputationRep:
    Great I was well prepared. I could not do the last one though so I'm expecting between 97-90
    Yours?
    Somewhere around 80/100. I really enjoy the Physics questions which is amazing bc I usually find that they read tricky and the Maths section are at my expectation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermionegrangcr)
    Somewhere around 80/100. I really enjoy the Physics questions which is amazing bc I usually find that they read tricky and the Maths section are at my expectation
    Yes the problems are quite fun I especially enjoyed finding the radius of the moon xD
    It seems like there is always a clever way of solving them
    I just hope that I can somehow get the Oxford reach scholarship or else bye bye Oxford xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm kind of surprised so many people found the last one hard. That was IMO among the easier ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    I'm kind of surprised so many people found the last one hard. That was IMO among the easier ones!
    Well, it was an eight-mark question...

ReputationRep:
    You guys think a 50 is a very low score on this paper ? :/ I probably won't get called for interview looking at the amount of people saying they found the paper easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaboyJB)
    There are a fair few bull****ters on here tbh. You'll know when you get told.
    I admit some of the questions were straight forward, but 90!! Thats crazy, to be so careful with your answers to get a score that high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yong Zheng Xin)
    Well, it was an eight-mark question...
    It's the last part of the last problem that I think was hard, I could have done it maybe but time pressure coupled with the fact that its the last problem wrecked me

ReputationRep:
    It's the last part of the last problem that I think was hard, I could have done it maybe but time pressure coupled with the fact that its the last problem wrecked me
    Yeah, same situation over here. I think that question was at least 4 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Last part was 3-4 marks, so you'll get like 2/3 for method
    Hopefully I would be happy if I even get 1 mark for my diagram xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    Ah another Trinity applicant! I applied there for History and Politics!
    oOoOO were you required to do an entrance test? It is a bit unusual a non-physical sciences applicant would appear in a PAT thread o.O hope to see you there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neigre96)
    Does anybody know about materials as a second preference when applying for Physics?
    If I recall correctly, there would be only 10 places for those who are considered for materials as well.

ReputationRep:
    Last part was 3-4 marks, so you'll get like 2/3 for method
    Last question was on resistance. Quite basic electrical physics really..

ReputationRep:
    Corpus Christi! Anyone else??

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Somerville.

ReputationRep:
    No one else for Hilda's huh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonetruequeen)
    That question was okay, I find a few other questions trickier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqr00t)
    oOoOO were you required to do an entrance test? It is a bit unusual a non-physical sciences applicant would appear in a PAT thread o.O hope to see you there
    Yeah I know! I'm just looking at all the threads about admissions tests to see how people thought they went - weird I know! I did the HAT myself, hopefully we both get called to interview! Trinity is an awesome college!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone introduced you to the term C-UNiT, it's a very apt description of someone behaving like you.
    Chill chill, We still do not have mark scheme yet and we do not know how marks are allocated. I tend to meet people with high self-confidence with examination answers and normally they overlook a few mistakes. That's why I tend to be pessimistic with my answers. I lost 5 marks in integration, 5 marks possible for the part c in the last question, and probably three marks for the spectrum line number. So confirmed marks lost is 13. Then careless mistakes will make up to about 30 marks I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I think I used the wrong radius for the larger circle in the calculating the shaded area question how many marks will I lose?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.