x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rabadon)
    ah I see, I thought it was for offer holders of something. haha enjoy it
    Thank you, and congrats for getting an offer :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm so worried - I applied (for the MEng) absolutely agggeessss ago but I haven't got an interview yet. I emailed them in December and they said they just had loads of applicants to process but I'm worried that my PS didn't have any impressive CS accomplishments or that they somehow got a hold of my ****ty MAT score for Oxford. Don't think only doing 3A2s is the reason either - they've already sent offers to people with only 3A2s already.

GCSE: 10A*s 1A. AS: AAAA in Maths, F.Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Predicted A2: A*A*A in Maths, F.Maths and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    Guys I'm so worried - I applied absolutely agggeessss ago but I haven't got an interview yet. I emailed them in December and they said they just had loads of applicants to process but I'm worried that my PS didn't have any impressive CS accomplishments or that they somehow got a hold of my ****ty MAT score for Oxford. Don't think only doing 3A2s is the reason either - they've already sent offers to people with only 3A2s already.

GCSE: 10A*s 1A. AS: AAAA in maths, f.maths, physics and chemistry. Predicted A2: A*A*A in maths, f.maths and physics.
    i am in the exact same position as you my ps is not even tailored to computing, but i really want an interview to express my passion for computing to compensate for my lack of passion for computing.

Which course did you apply to? And i hope that we both get an interview, maybe they have just pooled our application so that they compare to other potential applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganja_Saurus)
    Which course did you apply to? And i hope that we both get an interview, maybe they have just pooled our application so that they compare to other potential applicants
    Just edited it in, applied for the MEng Computing. I reckon it's because: 1. our applications aren't good enough and they plan on rejecting us later; or 2. our applications are alright (on the boundary) and they're waiting till they get all the applications in to compare them to then choosing the best of worst if you know what I mean; or 3. they have indeed got a tonne of applications to go through and are processing them in a weird order, which I kinda doubt since I applied like mid October

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do computer science a level and I still haven't got an interview
    I did chemistry, maths and further maths
    A*A*A respectively (Already Achieved)
    I haven't heard back from them, I'm fearing rejection
    Wbu, what a levels do/did you do?
    I was talking about the majority of people beacuse like you said it is not true for all of them.
    I am currently in year 11 and I am looking forward to do CompSci at Imperial so I was just reading all the relevant stuff on TSR to aid me with my A-Level choices and I made this 'interesting' observation which has now confused me again.
    I am planning to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science outside school

ReputationRep:
    Just edited it in, applied for the MEng Computing. I reckon it's because: 1. our applications aren't good enough and they plan on rejecting us later; or 2. our applications are alright (on the boundary) and they're waiting till they get all the applications in to compare them to then choosing the best of worst if you know what I mean; or 3. they have indeed got a tonne of applications to go through and are processing them in a weird order, which I kinda doubt since I applied like mid October
    Hopefully it is number 2, but i think they should give us an interview because we do meet the minimum entry requirements and i think they should assess us fairly as they might find out things about us that is not stated on our ps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darshan98)
    I was talking about the majority of people beacuse like you said it is not true for all of them.
    I am currently in year 11 and I am looking forward to do CompSci at Imperial so I was just reading all the relevant stuff on TSR to aid me with my A-Level choices and I made this 'interesting' observation which has now confused me again.
    I am planning to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer Science outside school
    oh okay well if you ever need any assistance just pm me. i'm always happy to help

ReputationRep:
    oh okay well if you ever need any assistance just pm me. i'm always happy to help
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm so worried - I applied (for the MEng) absolutely agggeessss ago but I haven't got an interview yet. I emailed them in December and they said they just had loads of applicants to process but I'm worried that my PS didn't have any impressive CS accomplishments or that they somehow got a hold of my ****ty MAT score for Oxford. Don't think only doing 3A2s is the reason either - they've already sent offers to people with only 3A2s already.

GCSE: 10A*s 1A. AS: AAAA in Maths, F.Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Predicted A2: A*A*A in Maths, F.Maths and Physics.
    I have pretty much the exact same GCSEs, AS results (swap Chemistry for Politics) and predicted A2 grades as you. My CS accomplishments were just some simple websites and API stuff in Javascript, literally nothing too impressive but my interview's on Wednesday.

I'm sure you'll hear back, they release them in batches before each interview day. Next couple are in February so I think you'll likely hear back a bit before then, probably sometime after this Wednesday.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    my interview's on Wednesday.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the reassurance, good luck for your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reassurance, good luck for your interview!
    Thanks! Anyone else got an interview today?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun what groups are people in? I'm in 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkwhater)
    Yeah, dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun what groups are people in? I'm in 5
    I'm Group 1! Interview's at 2pm, when's your's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    I'm Group 1! Interview's at 2pm, when's your's?
    4pm (ugh)

ReputationRep:
    May I ask a question here?

Has anyone received any email asking about your plan of choosing courses and relevance with own experience? I received an email like this but not mentioned about interview.

I'm applying MSc. Computiong-ML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkwhater)
    4pm (ugh)
    Good luck man!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an interview (3rd Feb) for BEng Computing - honestly did not expect that considering I got AS: AAAA (mind you i got AABB in yr 12 and retook those B's to get an A in yr 13) and A2:AAB (i'm a gap year and retaking some A2's this yr and predicted A*AA).

My grades are probably some of the lowest (for Imperial Computing standards) and yet I managed to cop an interview ahahahaha my personal statement must've baaaaanged

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the remaining interview dates are for Computing? I've heard that there's one on 3rd February and 17th February but is there also one on the 2nd March?

ReputationRep:
    Two left in February according to the application page (under the How to Apply section)

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/...eng-computing/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT226)
    Does anybody know what the remaining interview dates are for Computing? I've heard that there's one on 3rd February and 17th February but is there also one on the 2nd March?
    (Original post by realhb)
    Two left in February according to the application page (under the How to Apply section)
    I can't find it now but when I looked at a staff calendar a while back they had listed one more interview day in the beginning of March. Maybe this date has been scrapped or being used as a backup?

Edit: here - http://www.imperial.ac.uk/computing/staff/

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.