Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

University of Reading - 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by dahlx
The exact same thing happened to me (about a week ago) and I haven't heard back yet, so I wouldn't worry! (:

Ah right good to hear, thank youuu!
P.s- What have you applied for?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by gibbooo
Ah right good to hear, thank youuu!
P.s- What have you applied for?

Zoology (:
Original post by katethegreat98
Applying for Sept 2016 for English Literature! I'm doing IB and predicted 34, is anyone else applying for English Literature or has anyone got an offer for this subject so far? :smile:

Hiya I have a unconditional offer for English Language and lit :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by dahlx
Zoology (:

Aaaay good choice aha! :biggrin:
Samee gl to you :biggrin:
Original post by gibbooo
Wondering if anyone can help me...?
I got an email through from Reading from the Admissions Tutor for Zoology, it read 'I am pleased to tell you that I have decided to recommend to the University that you are offered a place on this course.' and also ended with 'I am very pleased that you have made Reading one of your choices and I look forward to meeting you.'
Its been a week since I received the email but I still haven't been given my specific grade offer or had any update on UCAS Track!
I understand that Uni's are ridiculously busy with the large scale of applications they receive, but I'm just checking that this is a normal amount of time to wait because this is my first offer and have nothing to compare it to?
Thanks for your help!!!

I got the same email a few days ago!! I thought it may have been to do with the fact I mentioned the Reading Zoology taster-day I did in my personal statement as the email referred to my personal statement quite a lot (as well as some information of the zoology course itself). I haven't received an offer though either, but I wouldn't worry seeing as it stated that "the University Admissions Office and UCAS will send details of your offer in the next few weeks once the final decision is made by the Faculty" Hope you hear back soon though ^_^
Original post by RK1998
Did any of you receive a conditional offer with interview for Economics?

Sent mine off on the 27th, eagerly awaiting a response. Congrats and when is it for? I'm actually getting excited that you have an offer which is absolutely bizarre.
Reply 147
Original post by XenonSabre
Sent mine off on the 27th, eagerly awaiting a response. Congrats and when is it for? I'm actually getting excited that you have an offer which is absolutely bizarre.

Thank you!! :smile: That's so nice of you.
Nono, I wasn't called for an interview, which I actually thought I will be requiring. That's why I asked.
Good luck with your application! I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by RK1998
Thank you!! :smile: That's so nice of you.
Nono, I wasn't called for an interview, which I actually thought I will be requiring. That's why I asked.
Good luck with your application! I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Ohhhh, I totally read yours wrong in that case. I need to get in because I swapped Law at Durham with the SP offer to pursue economics.
Original post by Frankieos
I got the same email a few days ago!! I thought it may have been to do with the fact I mentioned the Reading Zoology taster-day I did in my personal statement as the email referred to my personal statement quite a lot (as well as some information of the zoology course itself). I haven't received an offer though either, but I wouldn't worry seeing as it stated that "the University Admissions Office and UCAS will send details of your offer in the next few weeks once the final decision is made by the Faculty" Hope you hear back soon though ^_^

Yeah, same for me! Except microbiology...they referred to my personal statement lots too...maybe it's just the biological/life science department that do that?
Reply 150
Original post by dahlx
Zoology (:

Finally got my offer through today: BBB
Hope you did too? :smile:
Reply 151

Finally got my offer through today: BBBHope you did too? :smile:
Got an offer for History! ABB if firmed!❤️
Original post by gibbooo
Finally got my offer through today: BBBHope you did too? :smile:

Congrats, same here and BBB too! :biggrin:
Original post by eleanorlittle
Yeah, same for me! Except microbiology...they referred to my personal statement lots too...maybe it's just the biological/life science department that do that?

Yeah maybe! It's a nice touch for them to do that, shows they put some real thought into the application ^_^ You heard anything else from them yet?
Reply 155
Original post by gibbooo
Finally got my offer through today: BBB
Hope you did too? :smile:

Congrats! I got an offer too - ABB :smile:
Anyone applying for English Literature? :smile:
Reply 157
Any one applying for Geography? Sent mine off on the 27th and still waiting for an offer:colondollar: :smile:
Reply 158
Congrats, same here and BBB too! :biggrin:

Wooo congrats! :smile: Just the grades that stand in the way now ay! :biggrin:
Reply 159
Original post by dahlx
Congrats! I got an offer too - ABB :smile:

Wooo congrats!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest