Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello, it's ADELE. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    I don't see what record was broken... I'm fine having a legend who made a full song in 6 hrs
    Not yet. Too early to tell. But she's looking to break sales, airplay, and streaming records, all despite being a traditional album seller who hasn't even shown her face to people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Oh I see.

Has anyone not realised the dude in the video is from 90210? Is he actually her lover or god knows what?
    Of course he's not her lover. She's just being a racial equality queen.

ReputationRep:
    I will, and I will have a damn good time being delusional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Not yet. Too early to tell. But she's looking to break sales, airplay, and streaming records, all despite being a traditional album seller who hasn't even shown her face to people.
    Have fun waiting.

Dude... just fap to her already...

ReputationRep:
    Dude... just fap to her already...

ReputationRep:
    ._. #2MuchInternet5Me

ReputationRep:
    ._. #2MuchInternet5Me

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Video now up to close to 17 million. Current record holder for most viewed in 24 hours is Golden Globe loser Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' with 20 million. With four hours to go, ADELE seems set to smash the record, with a six-minute-long video in sepia no less. The Lord's video was hyped up for weeks with numerous guest star, and was débuted on Billboard Music Awards.

It has accumulated 2098 spins on US radio so far - Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way', which went all the way up to No 5 after just seven days, got around 2400 spins the first day. This is without a radio deal and actually with the song not having been sent to pop radio. Gaga's was hyped for months, her label literally paid radio stations to play it at the top of every hour for three days straight, and was débuted at the Grammy Awards. BTW sold 440000 copies in just three days and over half a million in the seven days that followed. It broke the female opening record at the time.

Globally, 'Hello' is outselling the No 2 song, Justin Bieber's 'Sorry', by 3.5 times, and is outselling the rest of Top 20 combined.

---

ETA: Video views updated. 18.4 million now with three hours to go. After 24 hours, the displayed (delayed) views showed for 'Bad Blood' was only 14 million. It's safe to announce that the Living Legend has already shattered the record. The question is how high can she go?

---

ETA: ADELEGEND BROKE THE RECORD! 'Hello' is now the video with the most views in its first 24 hours on Vevo. And we're not even at 24 hours yet. The next milestone (albeit a bit far) is Psy's 'Gentleman' YouTube record at 38.4 million views on its first day. Not completely impossible but that's only assuming the views lag behind as usual.

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Video now up to close to 17 million. Current record holder for most viewed in 24 hours is Golden Globe loser Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' with 20 million. With four hours to go, ADELE seems set to smash the record, with a six-minute-long video in sepia no less. The Lord's video was hyped up for weeks with numerous guest star, and was débuted on Billboard Music Awards.

It has accumulated 2098 spins on US radio so far - Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way', which went all the way up to No 5 after just seven days, got around 2400 spins the first day. This is without a radio deal and actually with the song not having been sent to pop radio. Gaga's was hyped for months, her label literally paid radio stations to play it at the top of every hour for three days straight, and was débuted at the Grammy Awards. BTW sold 440000 copies in just three days and over half a million in the seven days that followed. It broke the female opening record at the time.

Globally, 'Hello' is outselling the No 2 song, Justin Bieber's 'Sorry', by 3.5 times, and is outselling the rest of Top 20 combined.

---

ETA: Video views updated. 18.4 million now with three hours to go. After 24 hours, the displayed (delayed) views showed for 'Bad Blood' was only 14 million. It's safe to announce that the Living Legend has already shattered the record. The question is how high can she go?

---

ETA: ADELEGEND BROKE THE RECORD! 'Hello' is now the video with the most views in its first 24 hours on Vevo. And we're not even at 24 hours yet. The next milestone (albeit a bit far) is Psy's 'Gentleman' YouTube record at 38.4 million views on its first day. Not completely impossible but that's only assuming the views lag behind as usual.
    nobody cares

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandvika)
    nobody cares
    You cared enough to respond. Not to mention the full-out stan war on YouTube between Adelephants and Swifties.

In the end, the bigger weight wins.

ReputationRep:
    You cared enough to respond. Not to mention the full-out stan war on YouTube between Adelephants and Swifties.

In the end, the bigger weight wins.
    i didn't care enough to read your wall of bs. i dunno what "Adelephants and Swifties." are but they are both bent

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...-30748391.html

this put me right off her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandvika)
    i didn't care enough to read your wall of bs. i dunno what "Adelephants and Swifties." are but they are both bent
    Give me that hit thread then I guess. Keep the comments coming.

ReputationRep:
    Racial equality queen didn't want anything to do with that racist song.

ReputationRep:
    AMAZING

ReputationRep:
    First US sales projections are in:

1. Hello 1,031,000
    2. Sorry 242,000
    3. Hotline Bling 168,000
    4. The Hills 89,000
    5. Home 78,000
    6. What Do You Mean? 74,000
    7. Ex's & Oh's 74,000
    8. Wildest Dreams 71,000
    9. Stitches 70,000
    10. Perfect 70,000
    11. Downtown 70,000

Current record holder for biggest one-week sales is Flo Rida's 'Right Round' featuring Ke$ha with 636,000 copies. The current female record holder is Taylor Swift's (PBUH) 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' with 623,000 copies. The only other 600k+ selling song is Ke$ha's 'TiK ToK' at 610,000 copies.

She should be front-loaded and her actual sales will not as high as this. She's probably going to do 700-800k.

---

In other news, ADELE plays the drums in 'Hello'.

---

ETA: Another day, another collection of achievements.No 1 on world-wide iTunes overall artists as expected.Radio:POP: 0 36 ADELE Hello XL/Columbia 1299 0 1299

HOT AC: 0 35 ADELE Hello XL/Columbia 716 0 716

AC: 0 24 ADELE Hello XL/Columbia 173 0 173

TRIPLE A: 0 38 ADELE Hello XL/Columbia 102 0 102

OVERALL RADIO ADELE: Hello: 24.499 (+ 24.424)

Spotify:
    US 2. Adele - Hello (DEBUT) (1,392,205) *Highest play count ever for a debut* *2nd-highest play count of all-time*
    #1 United Kingdom - almost 550k
    #1 Netherlands
    #1 Poland
    #2 Belgium
    #3 Canada
    #3 Norway
    #6 Switzerland
    #7 France
    #11 Italy
    #12 Finland
    #20 Sweden
    #21 Germany
    #27 Philippines
    #31 Singapore
    #34 Denmark
    #43 Australia
    #43 New Zealand
    #50 Spain

A record-breaking No 1 world-wide.

---

RECORD-SETTING RECORD?While not yet confirmed, it appears XL/Columbia's Adele has broken first-day digital sales records with over 400k for single "Hello" sold across all platforms. Meanwhile, digital preorders for album 25 (due out 11/20) surpassed 100k. Streaming numbers also appear to be through the roof with some speculating she could hit well over the 2m mark in the first day.The current record-holder for streaming is labelmate One Direction’s “Drag Me Down” with 1.8m U.S. in its first day.

Based on normal trends, she could actually sell 1.2-1.6 million copies first-week just in the US. The pre-order record is at around 150k so she's set to snatch that, too.

ADELE broke yet another Taylor Swift record - a million likes in 36 hours. It took 'Bad Blood' 4 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    AMAZING
    Yaaas slay

Adele snatching all them pop gurls' wigs.

ReputationRep:
    'Hello''s second day on YouTube was bigger than its first. She's now coming for Miley Cyrus's 'Wrecking Ball''s quickest to 100 million views record. It took Milegend 6 days or 144 hours to do that. ADELEGEND was half way there after 51 hours or so.

She's at 54 million now.

Radio slayage -
    ADELE - Hello: 32.152 (+ 7.653)

Sales continues to grow after the No 2 song.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Adele. I wish she had sung the theme song for the latest James Bond. Doesn't the girl below look so much like Adele?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Seraphina~)
    I really like Adele. I wish she had sung the theme song for the latest James Bond. Doesn't the girl below look so much like Adele?

Been there, done that. Now it's the ADELE's clone's time to shine.

Inb4 the James Bond performing much worse because ADELE isn't singing the theme song.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.