Turn on thread page Beta

Is Britain becoming like Sweden in relation to expressing views on mass immigration? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    Immigration is fine in moderation and at an acceptable pace, highly skilled/shortage workers are definitely needed. We've quite clearly messed up on that though, and thus certain places in this country are segregated as all hell and honestly it complete ruins culture/cities. Some people like it, most of the native people I know don't.

All of this post rings exactly true in my own experience, employed with a pretty good job. I work with immigrants from Europe, they are extremely qualified, smart and are doing much needed jobs that actually contribute to this economy. Therefore I think they are definitely needed but from my experience there is a huge percentage of immigrants working for less than min wage and an even bigger % working low skilled jobs that we don't need.

Nobody is going to say it but we don't actually want them here (a large proportion of people in the least).

I'm not sure how a city can be ruined by segregation? I mean Britain isn't exactly known for its wonderful cities is it?

If most of the native population don't like it then aren't they as 'stupid' as that woman on QT has been accused of being by continuing to vote for the very parties that allow it?

Wtf do they expect?

And far from no one saying it,I've seen or heard so many people say it over the last 2 years especially, that I'm hoping we leave the EU solely so that it does something to stop the seemingly incessant whining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    These people genuinely want to destroy the West. They are like Trojan Horses. They get in pretending to be refugees (passing many safe countries) then try and destroy the country from within. See the below-they want to kill the kuffars.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3678051

If Europe does not sort itself out really soon I am leaving. No way will I have kids here. Those that wish to destroy civilised life will conquer it not on the battlefield but by the womb. They will arrive in huger numbers, breed like rabbits fed by benefits and you think things are bad now (see the link here and my above post)?

Just wait until their kids start joining them in their attack of the West.

Respect for saying that you will be leaving.

At what point do you envisage doing so? I mean how soon is soon?

What actual event or events would be the last straw for you?

Couldn't you just move to Scotland or Cornwall?

Just to be clear ,Im genuinely fascinated by people with your concerns.And I'm trying to understand how you feel.But I'm happy if you don't specify/ you think it's none of my business.

Let's hope you never have to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    Excellent post, very eloquently put!

PS: I'm actually from a Commonwealth country and require a visa to stay in the UK, and thus it's natural that I support a Brexit.
    Not sure I follow this line of thinking. Will the UK's visa requirements change for you if they exit the EU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Respect for saying that you will be leaving.

At what point do you envisage doing so? I mean how soon is soon?

What actual event or events would be the last straw for you?

Couldn't you just move to Scotland or Cornwall?

Just to be clear ,Im genuinely fascinated by people with your concerns.And I'm trying to understand how you feel.But I'm happy if you don't specify/ you think it's none of my business.

Let's hope you never have to leave.
    How soon? That depends massively on politics.

I have already ruled out London and Luton for example. Absolute dumps. I should point out that some areas I will avoid like the plague (like Birmingham) is not due to their immigration; yes it has made it worse (go to Stetchford; get off the train and walk around for five minutes at most, suggesting any more and I would be endangering your life with my advice. My point will be clear. High immigration from the EU for this particular area is a problem). However, it is a dump for many other reasons (for another thread). So I am saying it isn't just due to mass immigration (my feelings on that are clear).

The last straw-we are already there. This election will be it.
    As for moving to Scotland/Cornwall; there are no jobs there. Someone in my position/qualifications/industry can actually earn much more money in the US/Australia than the UK. I would go there. My career regularly do surveys for average salary against career progression, so it is pretty accurate.

So that is my view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    I'm not sure how a city can be ruined by segregation? I mean Britain isn't exactly known for its wonderful cities is it?If most of the native population don't like it then aren't they as 'stupid' as that woman on QT has been accused of being by continuing to vote for the very parties that allow it?Wtf do they expect?And far from no one saying it,I've seen or heard so many people say it over the last 2 years especially, that I'm hoping we leave the EU solely so that it does something to stop the seemingly incessant whining.
    Britain has some wonderful cities. Bath, York, Edinburgh, Inverness, Oxford etc... It's funny that you also mentioned moving to Scotland, as that's exactly what I did once I found a company to employee me remotely, unfortunately having to live in London for a year to build reputation with said company. Absolute horrible city and I still have to travel back once a month but that's life.

Segregation can easily ruin a city. It has already ruined many areas of London that are essentially run down areas mainly full of poorer immigrants. As for immigration itself, I really don't care about it under two circumstances; 1) said immigrant adopts the culture to a decent extent, 2) Said immigrant has the skill shortage we need.

Also having worked abroad, I definitely do prefer working elsewhere to the UK, unfortunately the places I prefer don't generally offer the same salary, I once had a company outsource me to asia for a few years on a London salary and that was frickin' indescribably awesome. Unfortunately not so easy to replicate that otherwise I'd be outta the UK in an instant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ron_trns)
    Britain has some wonderful cities. Bath, York, Edinburgh, Inverness, Oxford etc... It's funny that you also mentioned moving to Scotland, as that's exactly what I did once I found a company to employee me remotely, unfortunately having to live in London for a year to build reputation with said company. Absolute horrible city and I still have to travel back once a month but that's life.

Segregation can easily ruin a city. It has already ruined many areas of London that are essentially run down areas mainly full of poorer immigrants. As for immigration itself, I really don't care about it under two circumstances; 1) said immigrant adopts the culture to a decent extent, 2) Said immigrant has the skill shortage we need.

Also having worked abroad, I definitely do prefer working elsewhere to the UK, unfortunately the places I prefer don't generally offer the same salary, I once had a company outsource me to asia for a few years on a London salary and that was frickin' indescribably awesome. Unfortunately not so easy to replicate that otherwise I'd be outta the UK in an instant.
    This 100%. People claim "racism" all the time. Not so. It isn't racist to criticse crime and cultural destruction or ghettos. If someone said to me now my new nighbours would be like Sajid Javid (who has spoken out about the problems with those who don't accept the UK culture) I would be fine with them, Muslim or not.

If they were lefties or those who wish to deny the facts in front of them (Rat Bag & The Internet) I would run a mile. They are part of the problem. Sajid Javid can speak about the problems in society and be Muslim. These people on here, on the other hand, are why if Khan/Labour gets in London will be even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Provide those sources then? Instead of a couple of dodgy sources instead? Give us the official reports then and the official quotes..
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MI5+Terror+threat+Andrew+parker

Its hilarious. This guy claims that there are no "official" reports and "official" quotes. In reality it is only because he just doesn't want to see it. For those of you who can use google;

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-10-28/m...ive-ever-seen/

And the likes come up. From many newspapers. All giving his quotes.

If you simply google this stuff it comes up with the information. I myself have provided it many times on this forum and won't waste my time finding it. You want the official quotes? Google them. When I do you refuse to believe them.

More evidence if we ever needed it that this lot will just flat out refuse to accept anything or find it themselves. If you find it for them they ignore it, claim it is false when it is clearly not, and then just ask you for more examples again. Repeat for eternity.

These guys won't believe what is said about the terror threat, the no go areas, the Muslim prison population of Europe and in particular France (our closest neighbours and whom we share a channel tunnel with...worrying since they can easily come over here). They claim there is no evidence when there is huge amounts of it out there, huge amounts. They just need to use google for 0.1 seconds or just accept the links others have given on this forum.

However, when it comes to believing word for word, every single word, of the Koran they are perfectly happy to. They ignore the huge evidence for the above, but are happy to take word for word the Koran. The same Koran that claims sperm comes from around the ribcage of a man. I could go on.
    I mean the bible has just as many flaws-but no one is stupid enough to take it literally and blow up those who refuse to. See the above quotes for evidence that this problem is only getting worse. Some people are insistent on going back in time while the rest of the world moves forwards.

That is why I am blocking all of these guys. They want to take us back to the stone age in as violent a manner as possible.

ReputationRep:
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MI5+Terror+threat+Andrew+parker

Its hilarious. This guy claims that there are no "official" reports and "official" quotes. In reality it is only because he just doesn't want to see it. For those of you who can use google;

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-10-28/m...ive-ever-seen/

And the likes come up. From many newspapers. All giving his quotes.

If you simply google this stuff it comes up with the information. I myself have provided it many times on this forum and won't waste my time finding it. You want the official quotes? Google them. When I do you refuse to believe them.

More evidence if we ever needed it that this lot will just flat out refuse to accept anything or find it themselves. If you find it for them they ignore it, claim it is false when it is clearly not, and then just ask you for more examples again. Repeat for eternity.

These guys won't believe what is said about the terror threat, the no go areas, the Muslim prison population of Europe and in particular France (our closest neighbours and whom we share a channel tunnel with...worrying since they can easily come over here). They claim there is no evidence when there is huge amounts of it out there, huge amounts. They just need to use google for 0.1 seconds or just accept the links others have given on this forum.

However, when it comes to believing word for word, every single word, of the Koran they are perfectly happy to. They ignore the huge evidence for the above, but are happy to take word for word the Koran. The same Koran that claims sperm comes from around the ribcage of a man. I could go on.
    I mean the bible has just as many flaws-but no one is stupid enough to take it literally and blow up those who refuse to. See the above quotes for evidence that this problem is only getting worse. Some people are insistent on going back in time while the rest of the world moves forwards.

That is why I am blocking all of these guys. They want to take us back to the stone age in as violent a manner as possible.
    If you google flat Earth, a lot of "proof" about a flat Earth comes up.

Provide me with the official quotes. If you make the claim, you provide the proof. Reading the ITV news article, he makes no reference at all to Muslims. Bear in mind that in Europe and in the USA, Muslims make a tiny percentage of terrorists so the ITV link doesn't really back you up

Fine then. I believe that the world is flat, the world is ran by giant lizards, Jews control the world, the moon landing was a hoax, 9/11 never happened. I mean all you have to do is Google it :rolleyes: (Course I dont believe all that)

And people DO take the Bible literally, which is why people have killed others "because it says so in the Bible" Oooh blocking "all of you guys" Such a hard man. Go on then, "Block all of us guys"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Not sure I follow this line of thinking. Will the UK's visa requirements change for you if they exit the EU?
    I'm not sure if the visa requirements will change in a Brexit, but I think the quota numbers will change to account for European migration. If I'm not wrong, it was in June/July this year when the Tier 2 Visa (the work one) hit the cap for the first time, so increasing the quotas would benefit someone like me (assuming that my salary and qualifications put me in a more advantageous state than the average EU worker who applies for the visa).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    If you google flat Earth, a lot of "proof" about a flat Earth comes up.

Yes, but these quotes won't come from credible people. the head of MI5 is a credible source. The Swiss government is a credible source. International newspapers are a credible source.
    Again;
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...s-prisons.html
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042802560.html
    http://www.europeanguardian.com/93-b...o-be-70-muslim

Yep, all not credible. Lol.

Provide me with the official quotes. If you make the claim, you provide the proof. Reading the ITV news article, he makes no reference at all to Muslims. Bear in mind that in Europe and in the USA, Muslims make a tiny percentage of terrorists so the ITV link doesn't really back you up
    He makes no reference to Muslims? Yes he does.
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...=mailsignoutmd

See the denial here. The whole world knows that it is so obviously a Muslim threat. We all know it. It doesn't need to be said. But then this (Muslim himself, so is never going to accept the truth anyway along with Rat Bag) guy claims that it isn't due to Islam! Well here is another link. Try using google.
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...=mailsignoutmd

The quotes about it being due to Islam are there. It is clear. What is also clear is how in denial you are about the facts. I'm not going to go around for every issue and teach you to use google. Even if I did, like I said above, you find some bizarre way of trying to counter it. Well now the quotes are there for you-it is due to Muslim groups.

Fine then. I believe that the world is flat, the world is ran by giant lizards, Jews control the world, the moon landing was a hoax, 9/11 never happened. I mean all you have to do is Google it :rolleyes: (Course I dont believe all that)

Yep, because the evidence for believing in a giant lizard is there. Point me to one legitimate source that says so? Again, you seem to not understand the concept of credible sources. The head of MI5, international newspapers, governments statistics are all credible. Whoever claims 9/11 never happened isn't. Whoever claims the moon landing never happened isn't. And so on.

And people DO take the Bible literally, which is why people have killed others "because it says so in the Bible" Oooh blocking "all of you guys" Such a hard man. Go on then, "Block all of us guys"
    Hilarious here. This guy thinks that the chances of the terror threat being a Muslim issue is the same as a giant lizard ruling the earth. Incredible.
    I guess with that logic it explains why they have a fanatical devotion to every single word of the Koran. A source that doesn't come even close to providing as much evidence as the above sources do. But hey, religion of denial and permanent offence strikes again.
    Islam is the religion of peace. Don't believe it because you look to see how peaceful the Middle East is (and now Europe is due to mass immigration)? We will KILL YOU. Yep, logical. I can't be bothered with this lot any more. They will always defend the terrorists and the child abusers, the criminals clogging up the jails and those generally attacking a civilsied way of life. Horrible. Like I said, I will ignore them on here and make sure that I don't live near them in the future. And I am not the only one;
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21511904

Disclaimer; if my new neighbours were from the Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, Agnostic, Atheist, Japanese, French, Italian, etc etc from London I wouldn't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Parts of this post are really quite ugly and unnecessary.
    Indeed.

See how the poster who it was replied to entered the thread:
    -a patronising tone throughout the post
    -appeal to authority due to working in a specific field
    -content discussing said field riddled with errors

If people don't want to get bitten, then they shouldn't bite first and then leave themselves so exposed.

ReputationRep:
    Read through this thread. Maybe you are different from Rat Bag, but not a single one of my points has been addressed.
    Yes they have. You just put people on ignore as soon as you see yourself loosing the debate, so of course you don't see your points being addressed. Would have thought that was kind of obvious

ReputationRep:
    How soon? That depends massively on politics.

I have already ruled out London and Luton for example. Absolute dumps.
    Which parts of London have you been in?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to immigration Sweden will become a 3rd world country by 2030

source? UN report

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Actually, economically and demographically, this country needs immigrants

The ageing population, with less and less working age people to the ratio of retired/non-working people, is a timebomb, both for the economy as well as the financing and delivery of public services.

Without immigration, the economy will stagnate and contract, both due to the declining workforce contributing to productivity but also the drag the older generation will have on public expenditure (necessitating rising higher taxes).

Older people continue to hold a gun to the head of this country, demanding that public expenditure that benefits themselves - NHS, social care, pension (which are all non-growth) - be ringfenced and increased. See how healthcare expenditure was not just protected but is planned to increase (the vast majority of healthcare is used by older people). See how policies were made to cap individual contributions to social care, such as protecting valuable property of older people (the vast vast vast majority of social care spend is on older people. See how DWP slashed all working age benefits, but pensions (by far the biggest DWP, indeed government spend) was ringfenced, with a triple lock put on pension. See how public spending on growth areas are getting squeezed (infrastructure, young people, skills/training), because older people don't cae about it. Older people are bankrupting this country, and are able to to do because both because of their rising proportional population, but also because of the established pattern of high voter turnout.

To further the damage, older people then support policies (and political parties) which cause even further damage, such as stopping immigration and blocking housebuilding through restrictive planning.

Whilst the biggest threat to our security is climate change (no it's not Islamic fundamentalists, though these are a threat), the actions of older people are a huge threat to the sustainability of our country. Once they've ruined the economy with their selfishness, immigrants won't be interested to come here anyway.
    Yawn! It's not always about money. I don't think your points are very convincing at all. Like I said before, you're just pushing your own agenda. i.e. that which you want to happen and not what is best for the people of Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco1)
    Yawn!
    If you've heard it all before, then you will have no trouble refuting what I wrote.

It's not always about money. I don't think your points are very convincing at all. Like I said before, you're just pushing your own agenda. i.e. that which you want to happen and not what is best for the people of Britain.
    Yes, of course, money is irrelevant to policy, because money grows on trees, so we can pursue policies without any thoughts of how things will be financed or how policies might affect our economy. When did you cross the floor to becoming a believer in the Labour party?

And I am sure the crowds of ageing Babushkas huddled round wood stoves in impoverished Moldova or Russian Siberia quite agree with you that money is not important to people's welfare, and that a falling population and absence of foreigners more than makes up for the fact they have a bankrupt economy within ethnicly homogeneous paradise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    If you've heard it all before, then you will have no trouble refuting what I wrote.

Yes, of course, money is irrelevant to policy, because money grows on trees, so we can pursue policies without any thoughts of how things will be financed or how policies might affect our economy. When did you cross the floor to becoming a believer in the Labour party?

And I am sure the crowds of ageing Babushkas huddled round wood stoves in impoverished Moldova or Russian Siberia quite agree with you that money is not important to people's welfare, and that a falling population and absence of foreigners more than makes up for the fact they have a bankrupt economy within ethnicly homogeneous paradise.
    Predictable as ever, you misquote me. Typical tactics of the Rat Bag. Never an original thought from you. Never said money was irrelevant. You must have a big chip on your shoulder buddy.

ReputationRep:
    Predictable as ever, you misquote me. Typical tactics of the Rat Bag. Never an original thought from you. Never said money was irrelevant. You must have a big chip on your shoulder buddy.
    Refute my post then and show me what you meant

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a lot of UKIP bashers (for example) on social media. It's almost become cool to support migration. People are scared to speak out through fear of ridicule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    I've noticed a lot of UKIP bashers (for example) on social media. It's almost become cool to support migration. People are scared to speak out through fear of ridicule.
    Or maybe it is realised as sensible, and hence people bash those promoting nonsensical policies

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.