Turn on thread page Beta

Arsenal will win the league this season watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    One defeat is not a ruined season. I understand you have a tough second half of the season, but City are without Kompany for a while longer it looks like and teams have lost disappointingly and won the title in the past. United lost 5-0 to Chelsea in 1999/00, and Chelsea conceded five at White Hart Lane almost a year ago to the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    One game doesn't change things especially when you actually lost no ground to the league leaders. Ffs the overreactions
    It is something to be worried about. Next match is some 42 hours away and If they don't quickly learn from this among all the time they spend on the training pitch, the south coast will wash them out again at the emirates. And either Leicester will pull away or man city will put us down to third. Wenger can't be trusted to bring anyone in next month. So basically thanks to this game our season has been written off.

ReputationRep:
    The result today made my day!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    So basically thanks to this game our season has been written off.
    Give over now

ReputationRep:
    One game doesn't change things especially when you actually lost no ground to the league leaders. Ffs the overreactions
    Difficult fixtures second half of the season... the other teams which are struggling just now (liverpool, United, City etc) will invest in January while Arsenal either buy no one or a couple of very mediocre players. Losing this game hasn't determined this season but it certainly hasn't helped.

The fact Arsenal aren't top of the league this season when every other top club has been **** is a farce hahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    The fact Arsenal aren't top of the league this season when every other top club has been **** is a farce hahahah
    Same could be said about City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc.

It's like saying "If _________ won more they'd be top of the league"

ReputationRep:
    Same could be said about City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc.

It's like saying "If _________ won more they'd be top of the league"
    Don't know why you've included Spurs... they've never been regarded as title contenders.

Man United have a piss poor manager and very mediocre players. They've struggled to rebuild since Alex left. Liverpool are just starting to rebuild again after sacking a piss poor manager.

City too are under-achieving but they will stengthen next month and it also seems like they're actually going to do something about their managerial situation. What are Arsenal doing about Wenger who has achieved.. what exactly in the last decade?

Oh, continued to qualify for champions league football on "limited funds"? :rolleyes:?

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal's defence isn't much better than Man City's (both have 7 clean sheets and Arsenal conceded 18 to Man City's 20) but the main difference is that Man City have so much more depth in attack. Those extra goals will be what wins Man City the title in May imo.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Arsenal's defence isn't much better than Man City's
    While I agree, I think a large part of it is down to perception. Without Kompany, City's back-line is seen as susceptible and fallible. If he is absent for long periods, teams will buy into the narrative surrounding City (Demichelis, mainly) being able to be gotten at.

That doesn't really exist for Arsenal, largely because they don't have such headlines when the likes of Koscielny is injured. The narrative surrounding Wenger is his side's lack of depth in the holding midfield role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Difficult fixtures second half of the season... the other teams which are struggling just now (liverpool, United, City etc) will invest in January while Arsenal either buy no one or a couple of very mediocre players. Losing this game hasn't determined this season but it certainly hasn't helped.

I would agree with that had Arsenal not had their fair share of injuries.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does.

Man City are now 11-10 (with bet365) from 15-8 to win the league.

And Arsenal are now 8/5 from Evens.

ReputationRep:
    It is something to be worried about. Next match is some 42 hours away and If they don't quickly learn from this among all the time they spend on the training pitch, the south coast will wash them out again at the emirates. And either Leicester will pull away or man city will put us down to third. Wenger can't be trusted to bring anyone in next month. So basically thanks to this game our season has been written off.

But the thing is they almost certainly will learn from it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    One defeat is not a ruined season. I understand you have a tough second half of the season, but City are without Kompany for a while longer it looks like and teams have lost disappointingly and won the title in the past. United lost 5-0 to Chelsea in 1999/00, and Chelsea conceded five at White Hart Lane almost a year ago to the day.

I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I didn't know anyone would even think losing at Saints would mean the season was ruined but there you are)

I was going to mention Kompanies loss but when I did my predictive text kept making it,

Ok pants loss

So I didn't bother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    Yes it does.

Man City are now 11-10 (with bet365) from 15-8 to win the league.

And Arsenal are now 8/5 from Evens.

(I didn't know anyone would even think losing at Saints would mean the season was ruined but there you are)

I was going to mention Kompanies loss but when I did my predictive text kept making it,

Ok pants loss

So I didn't bother
    Mackay said basically the same thing I said yet you disagreed with me & agreed with him.

ReputationRep:
    Mackay said basically the same thing I said yet you disagreed with me & agreed with him.

You didn't say basically the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't say basically the same thing.
    Okay...

One game doesn't change things
    Yes it does.

(Original post by Mackay)
    One defeat is not a ruined season.
    Unless you're gonna be really nit-picky, it's essentially the same
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Only thing for Arsenal to do now is show character and react with a good performance come Monday. That's what's good - and bad - about the festive period. I seriously doubt too many clubs will pick up six points from these two close matches, so you've got a good platform to hit back and prove yourselves.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bournemouth (H)
    Newcastle (H)
    Sunderland (H)

Doesn't get much easier than that. I'll be stunned if all 3 of those games aren't comfortable victories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Bournemouth (H)
    Newcastle (H)
    Sunderland (H)

Doesn't get much easier than that. I'll be stunned if all 3 of those games aren't comfortable victories.
    Don't be. To play your strongest team and get absolutely walloped, then having to play again two days later. We all know what the result will be vs Bournemouth. The trolls will have a field day.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't be. To play your strongest team and get absolutely walloped, then having to play again two days later. We all know what the result will be vs Bournemouth. The trolls will have a field day.
    4-0 to Arsenal with Ozil assisting every goal

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.