Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kinglis)
    Me neither, which i'm assuming means rejection.
    Oh no, but I didn't do badly on the technical exercise... Let's wait until next Monday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econboy)
    Oh no, but I didn't do badly on the technical exercise... Let's wait until next Monday...
    At this point they will have considered people based on all the stages I imagine

ReputationRep:
    At this point they will have considered people based on all the stages I imagine
    I think Monday will be the last day of handing out invitations. Otherwise it'll be another crossed off the list

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's strange. My guess is that they sent invitations for the technical exercise before they properly evaluated the other stages, because I did well too and it would make no sense if I was dropped off because of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econgrad16)
    Yeah it's strange. My guess is that they sent invitations for the technical exercise before they properly evaluated the other stages, because I did well too and it would make no sense if I was dropped off because of that.
    But then again, what other stages were there? We had to pass the tests to get to video interview so presumably that went OK for us; as someone mentioned before it's highly unlikely that HR watched all few hundreds of them... So what remains is the application itself - did they consider the name of the uni you went to? I think Bank is too meritocratic for that but it may be just my naive expectation.

ReputationRep:
    Just received a reply that says they are still considering applications.. So unsure what is happening.

ReputationRep:
    Just received a reply that says they are still considering applications.. So unsure what is happening.
    ah thanks for the update! did they say anything about how many ACs they had held/ how many they were going to hold?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meiji68)
    ah thanks for the update! did they say anything about how many ACs they had held/ how many they were going to hold?
    Nope, they were as brief as always.

ReputationRep:
    Just got a reply saying I need to do ANOTHER test before I can get the AC

ReputationRep:
    Anybody going for a Supervision assessment centre tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody going to supervision assessment centre tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Did you email them before or what is just a random update?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddinboy)
    Did you email them before or what is just a random update?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was after a chasing email

ReputationRep:
    Was after a chasing email
    This is very strange.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just an update. Been a busy week so far! Got a rejection email a day or 2 ago. Good luck to those who still have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econboy)
    I still haven't heard from them...
    I guess you did in the end?

ReputationRep:
    Strange, I still haven't received anything from them. I just gave them a call, they told me my application was still being considered and that ACs were still taking place. Were not able to tell me whether all the ACs were still going to be finished this week or whether there had been an extension to the dates.

(Original post by DarkPeople)
    Just an update. Been a busy week so far! Got a rejection email a day or 2 ago. Good luck to those who still have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econgrad16)
    Strange, I still haven't received anything from them. I just gave them a call, they told me my application was still being considered and that ACs were still taking place. Were not able to tell me whether all the ACs were still going to be finished this week or whether there had been an extension to the dates.
    I am also still awaiting to hear back! I emailed late last week and they said they were still considering me. I fear the AC's are only being held this month as well .

ReputationRep:
    Anyone that still hasn't heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddinboy)
    Anyone that still hasn't heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, here, for the summer internship... I'm getting quite worried as I'm not really able to attend next week PLUS I am abroad so even in the incredibly unlikely case that I don't get rejected, it's already a lost case...

Guess we'll get the '...soz, no' email tomorrow

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.