Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What language do you find beautiful? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I say it irl too :rofl: Just being able to say 'I speak French and Arabic' is so classy m8 :mmm:
    'I speak French and Arabic' 💁🏻 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Arabic, it smooth and sounds nice and it's my second language

ReputationRep:
    Korean will be a good idea if you have Cantonese background. Many Korean words are very similar on pronunciations with Cantonese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    'I speak French and Arabic' 💁🏻 :cool:
    Marhabban

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    personally i find french really joli (only french will understand) but i want to exceed in life and learn another langegae, what langauge do u think i should learn?
    i've considered korean, japanese, spanish, mexican, or saudi arabianese. which is most gramatically easy and beautiful do you think?
    You do realize people in Mexico speak Spanish, right? They basically just speak with a different accent/dialect (a lot of the Mexicans I talk to say that the Spanish spoken in Spain is more "formal," so that's a difference, too).

ReputationRep:
    Arabic is a little too harsh for my liking. Personally, persian would be the most beautiful language.

ReputationRep:
    Arabic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    عن جد؟
    Quite interesting how common arabic has been listed on tsr but ive never heard anyone say it irl.But to answer your question my favourite is Arabic but i may be a little biased. So im gonna say Russian. I really want to learn it and make it my third language.
    I always say it! I wish I could have taken it as an MOMD at uni

ReputationRep:
    Chinese
    Though I may be a bit biased since I am a native Chinese speaker.
    I do adore the British accent though, which I'm guessing many of you are used to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlktrain135)
    Chinese
    Though I may be a bit biased since I am a native Chinese speaker.
    I do adore the British accent though, which I'm guessing many of you are used to.
    "the British accent"? what is that though? I'm from the west midlands (of england) and we sure speak completely differently to, say, Londoners, or Scousers, or Geordies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyknowles2)
    "the British accent"? what is that though? I'm from the west midlands (of england) and we sure speak completely differently to, say, Londoners, or Scousers, or Geordies.
    Ah I see. Sorry, I am making a little generalisation here as all the British people in my country speak exactly the same way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlktrain135)
    Ah I see. Sorry, I am making a little generalisation here as all the British people in my country speak exactly the same way.
    haha I get you don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    personally i find french really joli (only french will understand) but i want to exceed in life and learn another langegae, what langauge do u think i should learn?
    i've considered korean, japanese, spanish, mexican, or saudi arabianese. which is most gramatically easy and beautiful do you think?
    I speak farsi and i think it sounds rather nice, like a song lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowie)
    I speak farsi and i think it sounds rather nice, like a song lol
    How practically useful is Farsi though? I don't get why some choose to learn languages like such instead of, for example, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Mandarin, which all would give someone an advantage in the employment market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    I agree with you. I love learning Arabic .(But the grammar :grumble:) What dialect do you speak from?
    Russian is next on my list. Seems so new, different and unexpected. Though after Arabic. I'm taking them one at a time :lol:.
    I speak a Yafa'ai dialect of arabic.
    What languages do you speak?
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    I always say it! I wish I could have taken it as an MOMD at uni
    My course was already 120 credits so i couldnt do MOMD in Russian sadly and even the language courses are full so i have to wait till next year.

ReputationRep:
    My course was already 120 credits so i couldnt do MOMD in Russian sadly and even the language courses are full so i have to wait till next year.
    Same! Hopefully it won't be too hectic next year You go to Birmingham uni too?
    I speak French and English fluently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    Same! Hopefully it won't be too hectic next year You go to Birmingham uni too?
    I speak French and English fluently
    Hopefully.
    Yeh i go to UoB and im guessing you do as well??
    Ah cool, whats your ethnicity if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully.
    Yeh i go to UoB and im guessing you do as well??
    Ah cool, whats your ethnicity if you dont mind me asking?
    Yep!
    I'm mixed, half black (west african) and half white (south European)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Spanish. I like the way they pronounce things.
    thanks! hahaha (i am spanish )

ReputationRep:
    French and Persian. I'd like to learn Arabic too though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.