Turn on thread page Beta

Liverpool GEM (A101) 2016 entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edasheva)
    Ahh i see! I was too excited to get the interview invite that i didnt really read it properly.... Haha I booked the 24th of Feb at 11am so I have more time to prepare! How about you?
    4th Feb, i got overexcited and booked the very first slot lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine1193)
    ive booked my interview for the 4th which is like the earliest date! so early but its the only date that offered me an afternoon 2:30 pm slot which means i dont have to waste money on a hotel. im thinking positive about the early date thinking il still be fresh from my birmingham interview which is also MMI.
    That's pretty genius, I didn't realise there was a 2:30 slot at all! I definitely would have taken that. Good luck for both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neuronerd)
    There are 28 places, 42 offers and 170 interview places. That's a 1 in 4 chance of an offer. GOOD LUCK!
    Where did you manage to get the info for interview ratios btw ? I noticed it's the same ratio that someone mentioned about king's GEM on the "Graduate entry medicine:2016 entry" thread

ReputationRep:
    mine was based on the application statistics from 2015 entry, so similar! Haha my bad, I copied the wrong line in my excel document (I have too much spare time.... there are 28 places but there were 67 interviewed last year. much better odds although as many as 98 have been interviewed before!)

(Original post by kethan)
    Where did you manage to get the info for interview ratios btw ? I noticed it's the same ratio that someone mentioned about king's GEM on the "Graduate entry medicine:2016 entry" thread

ReputationRep:
    mine was based on the application statistics from 2015 entry, so similar!
    Ahh ok, they're probably about the same this year then. It's weird how they're the same as King's!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh ok, they're probably about the same this year then. It's weird how they're the same as King's!
    I've corrected it, same number of places just much lower numbers of interviewees (It was next to Kings on my list sorry!)

Interview/offer ratio is between 3:1 and 2:1!

ReputationRep:
    I've corrected it, same number of places just much lower numbers of interviewees (It was next to Kings on my list sorry!)

Interview/offer ratio is between 3:1 and 2:1!
    Ahh no worries! I much prefer these odds!

ReputationRep:
    @Sophie08 can you private message me...I can't seem to do it please

ReputationRep:
    Got GAMSAT 66 and a 2:1 in Biology but haven't heard, do you think I should assume rejection?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ooompalumpa)
    @Sophie08 can you private message me...I can't seem to do it please
    have messaged you let me know if it hasn't come through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goakes93)
    Got GAMSAT 66 and a 2:1 in Biology but haven't heard, do you think I should assume rejection?
    I don't think so, they did say they were going to stagger the interview invites? But i have no idea how liverpool are doing this. But 66 is a great gamsat score and you have a 2.1!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia08)
    I don't think so, they did say they were going to stagger the interview invites? But i have no idea how liverpool are doing this. But 66 is a great gamsat score and you have a 2.1!
    55 was the cut off last year and I got invited this year with that score! I wouldn't give up just yet. That's a great score so let's hope you hear!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused.

How many interviews do Liverpool give out and how many places do they offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCAssistant93)
    I'm confused.

How many interviews do Liverpool give out and how many places do they offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They interview between 65-98 people. They only give 29 offers which means some people get a phone call after being rejected offering a place (when people turn down offers) someone earlier in the thread suggested as many as 20 people get rejected then offers at a later date.

That was last year and before. Hopefully it will stay that way

ReputationRep:
    They interview between 65-98 people. They only give 29 offers which means some people get a phone call after being rejected offering a place (when people turn down offers) someone earlier in the thread suggested as many as 20 people get rejected then offers at a later date.

That was last year and before. Hopefully it will stay that way
    Those are good odds I guess. If they reordered 20 people that means most of the original turned it down?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2/3 yes! But i guess we get four choices and everyone chooses differently. Personally, im torn between liverpool and notts. The decider will probably be where the husband gets a job offer first.

(Original post by HCAssistant93)
    Those are good odds I guess. If they reordered 20 people that means most of the original turned it down?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty genius, I didn't realise there was a 2:30 slot at all! I definitely would have taken that. Good luck for both
    Thanks ! You to neuronerd I see we are on the same day. What time are you ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catherine1193)
    Thanks ! You to neuronerd I see we are on the same day. What time are you ?
    I got the 1:30pm slot. So soon!

ReputationRep:
    2/3 yes! But i guess we get four choices and everyone chooses differently. Personally, im torn between liverpool and notts. The decider will probably be where the husband gets a job offer first.
    Fair enough. Liverpool is my only grad choice so if I get it I will be going. My others are 5 years so a much bugger financial burden

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise afternoon slots were available I took the first one I saw that was one of the later dates and it's 11am. Good thing I live in Manchester so I'm not far out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.