x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    This week really wasn't what I was hoping for
    I've only managed to get done bits out of Monday and Tuesday throughout the week
    So today (well this evening) I need to complete my business homework, my chemistry homeworks and my history notes. Then tomorrow I need to gather the religious teachings, read through my computing and complete the history revision I have to do before Tuesday.
    Hopefully the next few days are a lot more productive than the last few!
    Don't worry. MrMackyTv and I have pretty much been procrastinating by talking about the current Panama Papers leaks this week and both of us want David Cameron to resign over this matter, see more in that thread. I'm currently doing my French H/W and I've decided to revise for the Cuban Missile Crisis at a later date as it isn't actually homework.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    This week really wasn't what I was hoping for I've only managed to get done bits out of Monday and Tuesday throughout the week So today (well this evening) I need to complete my business homework, my chemistry homeworks and my history notes. Then tomorrow I need to gather the religious teachings, read through my computing and complete the history revision I have to do before Tuesday.Hopefully the next few days are a lot more productive than the last few!
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Don't worry. MrMackyTv and I have pretty much been procrastinating by talking about the current Panama Papers leaks this week and both of us want David Cameron to resign over this matter, see more in that thread. I'm currently doing my French H/W and I've decided to revise for the Cuban Missile Crisis at a later date as it isn't actually homework.
    Yeah basicially. I have only managed to memorise one sentence so far for French so I'm not doing any good, I think I'm going to log off for a while, I will probably do an update on my blog after 7pm. My priority is just French now. Bye
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You guys were working last week as well though while I was on holiday (or more accurately listening to speakers going on about how to make life better). I was just reading those posts on the year 10 thread lol. I reckon the absolute earliest David Cameron will resign is after the results of the EU election if he doesn't get his way. I've cut down so I'm gonna do only homework and really important revision (so history which was technically homework anyway and RE because the actual exam is in May).
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    Yeah basicially. I have only managed to memorise one sentence so far for French so I'm not doing any good, I think I'm going to log off for a while, I will probably do an update on my blog after 7pm. My priority is just French now. Bye
    Good luck with your French. I'm sure you actually know more than you think! I'm not actually finding TSR distracting this week It's mostly my brother but also general other is house distractions whichever room I'm in. I've basically been in charge of two younger siblings this week because firstly my mum has been ill so spending a lot of time in bed and secondly, she's gone back to work after 15 years off and this week has increased her hours so I've been left with them all day Mon-Thurs so I have to sort all the arguments and their demands for food etc. Because my mum was ill as well then after we came back from holiday she couldn't go shopping so we had no food apart from what was left from before the holiday.
    Overall this week has just been difficult and I just need to get my homework done and then I'll probably feel a lot better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You guys were working last week as well though while I was on holiday (or more accurately listening to speakers going on about how to make life better). I was just reading those posts on the year 10 thread lol. I reckon the absolute earliest David Cameron will resign is after the results of the EU election if he doesn't get his way. I've cut down so I'm gonna do only homework and really important revision (so history which was technically homework anyway and RE because the actual exam is in May).
    Yeah he's not gonna budge. I'd like to see him go but I really hope it isn't Georgie-boy who replaces him. No one likes him and his Osbournomics.

Good luck with your French. I'm sure you actually know more than you think! I'm not actually finding TSR distracting this week It's mostly my brother but also general other is house distractions whichever room I'm in. I've basically been in charge of two younger siblings this week because firstly my mum has been ill so spending a lot of time in bed and secondly, she's gone back to work after 15 years off and this week has increased her hours so I've been left with them all day Mon-Thurs so I have to sort all the arguments and their demands for food etc. Because my mum was ill as well then after we came back from holiday she couldn't go shopping so we had no food apart from what was left from before the holiday.
    Overall this week has just been difficult and I just need to get my homework done and then I'll probably feel a lot better.
    Yeah, I just came on after helping my Mom doing some cooking for a bit so still haven't got a lot done. I just need to focus.

At least you're trying to manage the distractions! Especially TSR! Even I find that hard tbh. That sounds really horrible, someone has to be responsible for them while you are at home with them so I guess that's life. If the madness of the house gets to you and there is someone to supervise them at home, go for a walk and you might feel more relaxed or something like that. Just to get away from home because staying inside for days can drive you a bit crazy.

Hopefully it gets better for you, maybe going back to school next week will take your mind off things happening at home.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah he's not gonna budge. I'd like to see him go but I really hope it isn't Georgie-boy who replaces him. No one likes him and his Osbournomics.
    Well not many people do go for voluntary redundancy and I wouldn't think that he's the most employable person around. Currently tbh I'd like nobody from the higher end of the party to replace him but for some reason that won't be an option

Yeah, I just came on after helping my Mom doing some cooking for a bit so still haven't got a lot done. I just need to focus.

At least you're trying to manage the distractions! Especially TSR! Even I find that hard tbh. That sounds really horrible, someone has to be responsible for them while you are at home with them so I guess that's life. If the madness of the house gets to you and there is someone to supervise them at home, go for a walk and you might feel more relaxed or something like that. Just to get away from home because staying inside for days can drive you a bit crazy.

Hopefully it gets better for you, maybe going back to school next week will take your mind off things happening at home.
    Downtime is important too, especially if you're stressed about a particular subjects, having downtime before it can make you go into it with a more relaxed open mind
    I used to find TSR a really difficult distraction but since I've reduced the notifications down to once a day and I only keep open mine, yours and JTran38's GYG thread plus the year 10 thread open then I find as long as I resist clicking on a trending thread I'm fine
    It's not so much the looking after them I mind, it's more the constant loud music from playing games and watching DanTDM the entire time and the demands for simple things they are perfectly capable at getting such as a glass of water which mean I have to get up and lose my stream of thought. Not getting up is worse though as they just scream and my brother gets really angry and violent very quickly.
    I try to get out sometimes but the weather hasn't exactly been kind this week (not that I really mind considering the brilliant weather while we were on holiday) and when I say I'm going out I get a I'm coming too 9 times out of 10 (like when I went to get some bread earlier this week and they both decided to come and we ended up buying ice cream and cream cakes and doughnuts rather than just bread and dinner for that night).
    I hope your French goes better for you as well. The only thing I hate about school is the early mornings (and biology) so it should get better
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well not many people do go for voluntary redundancy and I wouldn't think that he's the most employable person around. Currently tbh I'd like nobody from the higher end of the party to replace him but for some reason that won't be an option
    Polls say Britain wants Boris, 2nd Theresa. I wouldn't mind either of them, as long as their not like Cameron and Osbourne. However, I do think George Osbourne being PM is very likely.

Downtime is important too, especially if you're stressed about a particular subjects, having downtime before it can make you go into it with a more relaxed open mind
    I used to find TSR a really difficult distraction but since I've reduced the notifications down to once a day and I only keep open mine, yours and JTran38's GYG thread plus the year 10 thread open then I find as long as I resist clicking on a trending thread I'm fine
    It's not so much the looking after them I mind, it's more the constant loud music from playing games and watching DanTDM the entire time and the demands for simple things they are perfectly capable at getting such as a glass of water which mean I have to get up and lose my stream of thought. Not getting up is worse though as they just scream and my brother gets really angry and violent very quickly.
    I try to get out sometimes but the weather hasn't exactly been kind this week (not that I really mind considering the brilliant weather while we were on holiday) and when I say I'm going out I get a I'm coming too 9 times out of 10 (like when I went to get some bread earlier this week and they both decided to come and we ended up buying ice cream and cream cakes and doughnuts rather than just bread and dinner for that night).
    I hope your French goes better for you as well. The only thing I hate about school is the early mornings (and biology) so it should get better
    Yeah I do that quite a lot when I just need to get to work being optimistic. I usually log off if TSR gets too much for me and other stuff. If I get that distracted I isolate myself from electronic devices which I will do for the whole of tomorrow so I can concentrate on French which I still haven't memorised the first paragraph.

Haha they watch DanTDM! I use to watch that when I played minecraft everyday in Year 7. I still play it now but more like once a month if I get bored of League of Legends.

Just take every day as it comes. That's how I get through life when things happen in my family.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Polls say Britain wants Boris, 2nd Theresa. I wouldn't mind either of them, as long as their not like Cameron and Osbourne. However, I do think George Osbourne being PM is very likely.
    It all depends. And the worse thing is that we don't even have any say in any of it!
    Yeah I do that quite a lot when I just need to get to work being optimistic. I usually log off if TSR gets too much for me and other stuff. If I get that distracted I isolate myself from electronic devices which I will do for the whole of tomorrow so I can concentrate on French which I still haven't memorised the first paragraph.

Haha they watch DanTDM! I use to watch that when I played minecraft everyday in Year 7. I still play it now but more like once a month if I get bored of League of Legends.

Just take every day as it comes. That's how I get through life when things happen in my family.
    I very rarely have any electronic devices apart from my laptop which is pretty much only school work anyway. I use my tablet occasionally in the evenings but not in the day and my phone only gets used for WhatsApp lol
    They watch DamTDM obsessively! They don't even play minecraft but they do play roblox (and try to convince me to play it loads when I don't have the time)
    Good advice! Though taking every day as it comes is also how I end up spending most the day in bed
    Good luck with your French tomorrow. I'm just gonna finish this piece of Chemistry homework then I'm off to bed.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

The point about TSR being very distracting is true, I wasted a hell of a lot of time in a heated debate over Cameron's tax heavens allegations. Need to unfollow a lot of threads bar a few.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The point about TSR being very distracting is true, I wasted a hell of a lot of time in a heated debate over Cameron's tax heavens allegations. Need to unfollow a lot of threads bar a few.
    How often have you got your notifications set to? I recently changed mine from every time the thread was posted on to daily so I'm much less likely to get distracted until I actually go on TSR when I can see which threads have been posted on since I last looked and if I've been quoted etc. It's much easier to resist if there's not an email begging for you to open it lol
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    How often have you got your notifications set to? I recently changed mine from every time the thread was posted on to daily so I'm much less likely to get distracted until I actually go on TSR when I can see which threads have been posted on since I last looked and if I've been quoted etc. It's much easier to resist if there's not an email begging for you to open it lol
    I'll get round to sorting the notifications, it keeps setting off my phone and almost giving me a heart attack. In other news, I'm still procrastinating as I was starting to type up a post for my blog which I'll tell you and MrMackyTv about via DM. I'm suppose to be finshing off my French H/W which I'll do once I've finished my lunch - Currently eating as we speak.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll get round to sorting the notifications, it keeps setting off my phone and almost giving me a heart attack. In other news, I'm still procrastinating as I was starting to type up a post for my blog which I'll tell you and MrMackyTv about via DM. I'm suppose to be finshing off my French H/W which I'll do once I've finished my lunch - Currently eating as we speak.
    Yeah it took me ages to change it again after it didn't save the last time I tried to change it. I'm still procrastinating as well mostly because this piece of homework is completely unclear about what is meant to be done so I have no ideas. Hope you've finished your French now so you can have some free time
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ok, I managed to finally complete all my homework on Saturday
    I was going to do some history on Sunday but I was out all morning and in the afternoon I just felt exhausted so I lay in my bed and read fanfiction.
    This evening I will do as much history as I can fit in in preparation for the mock on Tuesday.
    I've downloaded a couple of apps to help gather the religious teachings which I will try to do on Tuesday night on the assumption that I don't get any homework which looking at my timetable I will probably have 1-2 pieces by then which isn't too bad.
    I cleared out my school bag today and in one of my notebooks I found a load of notes about religious teachings about rich and poor which is a good start to have.
    Hopefully my computing programming this morning will go well as we have 7 weeks to complete it including this week which is going to be a big challenge seeing as we've barely started and the last one took about 18 weeks and for this one we've been given 10 or so.
    7 weeks til my RE exam which is quite scary but I'm confident if I put the time in I can come out with at least a B which I would be happy with.
    Good luck to anyone going back to school today!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No update yesterday as I was playing with my brother (to make him shut up for a few minutes) and then I spent a few hours working at some fun maths for JTran38
    Nothing really exciting has happen this week
    I continued with my coding in computing. I think it's going quite well and I've also gained permission to do a little bit at home (not the coding- the design of solution section)
    We've had our ECDL target date moved forwards. Apparently we've nearly finished the course so the target date is now just before half term
    PE we're back on our option again so we're doing benchball
    History we did the mock. It went a lot better than I thought it would but I did slightly run out of time at the end and one of the questions (a 4 marker thankfully) I couldn't think of 2 decent points so I sort of made one up (but then again one of the best people in the class put about the same as me so maybe it's not all bad)
    We got our business results back 54/60= 90%=A* We're now going onto controlled assessment
    We moved onto the breadboarding for electronics I love breadboarding!!
    Got our results for English 15/24 for the analysis of the first poem, 6/8 for the comparision which I'm very happy with because I only spent about 10 minutes on it. The best mark in the class was around 26 or 27/32 so I'm ok with 21/32 even if I need to improve some of my analysis (or more the way I present the analysis)
    Now doing factored form in maths. I definitely prefer vertex form but I'm getting there with factored form

I'm running out of time here so I'll do the to do list tomorrow followed by a full update on Friday/Saturday before my work experience.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    To do:
    • Maths homework (27/4)
    • Electronics pic chip challenges (27/4)
    • Computing Design of Solution section (25/4)
    • RS revision (23/5)
    • Stats revision (27/6)
    • Science notes
    • Computing code memorising
    • Finish my history section 2 notes which I didn't finish before the mock last week
    • Whatever the English homework which is set tomorrow is (and any other set tomorrow)
    I think that's it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I got English homework as expected, it shouldn't take too long
    Our oh so lovely biology teacher set us our ISA planning to do (are we even allowed to do this at home?). She only did this because she doesn't know what to do so she won't have any questions on it as she doesn't know the answers.
    And our history teacher set us a question to do.
    We also had a lock down drill today but unfortunately it was in my history class which is terribly behaved particularly when we're meant to be under the desks in silence so we ended up trying not to laugh as people shouted at the head of behaviour through the door. We did find out that our teacher got engaged at Easter though which is quite cool.
    Nothing really has happened since last update apart from we did no work in business on Thursday because the cover teacher managed to lose the cover work and our controlled assessment folders so we had nothing to do.
    Off on work experience next week so update will be off from normal as it will be dependent on my homework.
    Waiting for the results of the audition I did the afternoon currently <nervous> and talking on Skype with MrMackyTv & JTran38 on the Year 10 revision group. If anyone in year 10 wants to join check out the instructions on the year 10 thread
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Our oh so lovely biology teacher set us our ISA planning to do (are we even allowed to do this at home?). She only did this because she doesn't know what to do so she won't have any questions on it as she doesn't know the answers.
    We also had a lock down drill today but unfortunately it was in my history class which is terribly behaved particularly when we're meant to be under the desks in silence so we ended up trying not to laugh as people shouted at the head of behaviour through the door. We did find out that our teacher got engaged at Easter though which is quite cool.
    Nothing really has happened since last update apart from we did no work in business on Thursday because the cover teacher managed to lose the cover work and our controlled assessment folders so we had nothing to do.
    Off on work experience next week so update will be off from normal as it will be dependent on my homework.
    Waiting for the results of the audition I did the afternoon currently <nervous> and talking on Skype with MrMackyTv & JTran38 on the Year 10 revision group. If anyone in year 10 wants to join check out the instructions on the year 10 thread
    I think you meant yesterday for the update on school life. I was nervous voice calling MrMackyTv both of us was quite shy lol. Nice to have you as a new addition to the Skype revision group.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I think you meant yesterday for the update on school life. I was nervous voice calling MrMackyTv both of us was quite shy lol. Nice to have you as a new addition to the Skype revision group.
    Yes lol typed some of it yesterday which saved then I went out and then today everything I typed was gotten rid of when I pressed post apart from what I wrote yesterday and I forgot to change the todays to yesterdays etc lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For Physics, he has kept our pracitice ISA and since it's a controlled assessment I don't think you're allowed to carry home work from CA's so... that's a CA violation.

Yeah I was quite nervous, never heard your voice until then so it was weird, when more people join and we talk more we should get use to it Want to start revision sessions next week?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MrMackyTv;[url="tel:64206397")
    64206397[/url]]For Physics, he has kept our pracitice ISA and since it's a controlled assessment I don't think you're allowed to carry home work from CA's so... that's a CA violation.
    I reckoned it was but our teacher won't listen to anyone. I'll mention it to my form teacher when I get back ( he's a physics teacher so will know) and hopefukky he will either confirm it's ok or sort it out with the HOD

Yeah I was quite nervous, never heard your voice until then so it was weird, when more people join and we talk more we should get use to it Want to start revision sessions next week?
    Assuming that's aimed at me as well that would be cool. Obviously early in the week will be for my homework. What days/times are good for you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I reckoned it was but our teacher won't listen to anyone. I'll mention it to my form teacher when I get back ( he's a physics teacher so will know) and hopefukky he will either confirm it's ok or sort it out with the HOD
    Yeah hopefukky he will lol. On a serious note, that could be a violation...

Assuming that's aimed at me as well that would be cool. Obviously early in the week will be for my homework. What days/times are good for you?
    Any time that is suitable for everyone. We can talk about that in the skype group chat.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.