Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worst pain you have experianced so far? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Sorry, but how do you get a mouthful of sodium hydroxide in a lab whilst using a pipette? Did you put the end in your mouth or something to hold it for a moment?

(This post sounds really obnoxious, sorry. Just really baffled.)
    No you're right, it is baffling.

Here's the thing, my school lab forgot to stock the normal pipettes (idiots I tell you). Time was running out, and all they had was (wait for it) open ended tubes, used for (dare I say it?) mouth pipetting.

Agh. Primitive.

ReputationRep:
    I experienced the worst pain when I had a migraine. Roughly 15 min before the migraine I experienced an aura. After that when the pain started, I thought I was dying. I never knew a migraine could be that bad. I tried to sleep, but it was too much-I was literally screaming. My mum took me to the hospital. I was given a diary to record any symptoms in the future and was told to visit the hospital if I had a migraine again. Thank God it didn't happen again after that, it's been two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ridingmyego)
    We should arrange to have it in the same hospital! Surely you'd rather I bore you to sleep rather than be put under anaesthetic? xD haha
    Haha we definitely should. Argh I hate anesthetic, always makes me sick
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Cluster headaches. Indescribable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince_fancybum)
    I was on holiday in France and like all children I decided I was Spider-Man so jumped off a climbing frame. When I landed I hit my chin on my knee (with my tongue between my teeth) and guillotined my tongue; fortunately I only bit through about half of it and they were able to stitch it back on. Unfortuantely anaesthetic can't be used on tongues as it could fall back into your throat so the stitches were about a painful as the bite
    ouchhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    Period pain. Usually it's not too bad, but I've had a few episodes of dizziness and extreme temperatures. I never feel that I'll live past the first day.
    This was me last friday...I actually couldn't take it..I thought I was dying lol; ridiculous amount of pain, dizziness, getting all hot and sweaty one minute and freezing cold the next...ended with a blackout after a few hours :/

ReputationRep:
    Pain every time is worst. its a part of life sometimes a hard time and then the next part of our life which is so joyful and happy so don't be afraid from any kind of bad time because it means it time passed away so don't take seriously.

ReputationRep:
    After my operation 3 years ago, the pain was like being kicked in the balls constantly for a few days :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    This was me last friday...I actually couldn't take it..I thought I was dying lol; ridiculous amount of pain, dizziness, getting all hot and sweaty one minute and freezing cold the next...ended with a blackout after a few hours :/
    You've described it better than me but I'm fortunate enough to have never have blackouts before, hope they're not too serious :/ I started on Tuesday so my school week has been crap to say the least
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    How scary! I've had the ones where I've been in so much pain where I can't walk and all I want to do is throw up. They do get better as you get older, thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    Boiling water on my leg when I was 10

Needle for drip

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Blocked kidney. I thought I was going to die from how much it hurt. I used to get migraines too but I knew what they were and knew it would be over before long and that helps make the pain manageable. With my kidney I was a vomiting, screaming, snotty mess. It was worse than giving birth and I didn't even get a baby out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I've injured my right knee three times.

First time, a boy I used to fancy, ran into me in basketball and he banged his knee into mine and I fell to the floor. The immediate intense pain dulled after 3 mins and I carried on the playing the match but my knee was sore for days.

Second time, I was dancing to the hoedown throwdown from the Hannah Montana movie for old times sake, I was dancing like there was no one watching, because there was no one watching. Anyway, my moves got out of control and I kicked my right leg up high and I pulled something in my knee/leg. I collapsed to the floor, almost in tears because it hurt so bad. I I never told anyone about this injury cuz I was embarrassed. It was difficult and painful trying to hide the bad limp I had .

Third time, I twisted my knee by accident, fell to the floor in pain and I literally felt a bone or a joint shift back into place in my knee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    Blocked kidney. I thought I was going to die from how much it hurt.
    I worked with a bloke who had a kidney stone get blocked in the tube that leaves the kidney. He was on holiday at the time and put the pain down to food poisoning because he had got blind drunk the night before and bought some dodgy junk food. So he ignored the pain but eventually passed out in agony. His friends called an ambulance and the hospital operated to remove the stone.

He said the pain was unimaginable because it was so bad. We thought he was exaggerating and gave him no sympathy. Oops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    You've described it better than me but I'm fortunate enough to have never have blackouts before, hope they're not too serious :/ I started on Tuesday so my school week has been crap to say the least
    Aww! I seriously don't know how people function with period pains...I cannot cope at times..hope you have a great end to the week though! :hugs:

(Original post by OU Student)
    How scary! I've had the ones where I've been in so much pain where I can't walk and all I want to do is throw up. They do get better as you get older, thankfully.
    It's so comforting to hear that...I think period pains are weird to explain to people as they may not get it as bad and wont see what you're making a fuss about...I'm on the verge of screaming at times with my sister looking at me like :lolwut: (having never had them as bad) :lol:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It's so comforting to hear that...I think period pains are weird to explain to people as they may not get it as bad and wont see what you're making a fuss about...I'm on the verge of screaming at times with my sister looking at me like :lolwut: (having never had them as bad) :lol:
    I think it's one of those things that unless you'e had them that bad, you don't understand. I know that for some women, (it seems to be the case for me now unless my kindeys decide to scream at me) it's just a tad uncomfortable and they can just carry on as normal.

ReputationRep:
    Dislocated shoulder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    So he ignored the pain but eventually passed out in agony. His friends called an ambulance and the hospital operated to remove the stone.
    I just don't understand people's thought processes sometimes.

Like, gee, I have excruciating pain in my kidney. I could either go see a doctor, or, I guess, just blame a kebab I had yesterday and do nothing until I literally pass out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I just don't understand people's thought processes sometimes.

Like, gee, I have excruciating pain in my kidney. I could either go see a doctor, or, I guess, just blame a kebab I had yesterday and do nothing until I literally pass out.
    It sounds silly but kidney pain for the first time doesn't automatically scream "I'm your kidney and you're in a really bad way". It radiates and maybe it's your tummy or your back. Like Timmona's friend thought it was it was his guts, I thought I was having a miscarriage. Also extreme pain makes you stupid. Like lay down and let me die stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilverine)
    It sounds silly but kidney pain for the first time doesn't automatically scream "I'm your kidney and you're in a really bad way". It radiates and maybe it's your tummy or your back. Like Timmona's friend thought it was it was his guts, I thought I was having a miscarriage. Also extreme pain makes you stupid. Like lay down and let me die stupid.
    i can vouch for that hahaha

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.