Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by architect_2022)
    Just received an offer from Sheffield
    Has anyone heard from Edinburgh or Bath?
    Offer from Bath. Uhmm, I'm thinking of applying to Edinburgh, as well, I am not sure yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by larra7)
    Offer from Bath. Uhmm, I'm thinking of applying to Edinburgh, as well, I am not sure yet.
    Can I ask when you sent off your application?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask when you sent off your application?
    On the deadline day for Oxbridge application, haha, so mid-October.

ReputationRep:
    On the deadline day for Oxbridge application, haha, so mid-October.
    I sent mine on the same day.. still waiting to hear from Bath XD

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I applied to Manchester, Nottingham, kent and Nottingham trent!. I got an offer from kent and Nottingham trent and Manchester asked for a portfolio!!! anyone heard from Nottingham!!? I would really like to got there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpie3)
    Hey guys. I applied to Manchester, Nottingham, kent and Nottingham trent!. I got an offer from kent and Nottingham trent and Manchester asked for a portfolio!!! anyone heard from Nottingham!!? I would really like to got there!
    I heard from Nottingham a couple of days ago (6 days after submitting my online portfolio). Offer of AAB

ReputationRep:
    Wow! that's amazing! well done!! Did they ask to see specific things in the portfolio? They haven't gotten back to me yet and its roughly been a month since I sent my personal statement!

ReputationRep:
    have they not asked you for a portfolio yet??
    yes, a couple of specifications such as one or more 3D/sculptural pieces and something else i cannot remember; basically just variety.
    If they are yet to respond, it might be an idea to call them up and ask! For UCL, I hadn't received the task for a month when I had realised everyone else I knew who was applying had. So i called them up and apparently something had gone wrong on their end and I was sent it.. So if i were you I'd maybe give them a call!!
    Thanks by the way
    (Original post by Sharpie3)
    Wow! that's amazing! well done!! Did they ask to see specific things in the portfolio? They haven't gotten back to me yet and its roughly been a month since I sent my personal statement!

ReputationRep:
    Just received an offer from Sheffield
    Has anyone heard from Edinburgh or Bath?
    How long did it take for you to get an offer after you sent your portfolio off?

Apparently Bath responds a bit later than other unis for Architecture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiphoszh;[url="tel:60957463")
    60957463[/url]]How long did it take for you to get an offer after you sent your portfolio off?

Not necessarily, Bath responded me earlier than Manchester lol, and apparently UCL.. Has anyone received an invitation for interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aiphoszh)
    How long did it take for you to get an offer after you sent your portfolio off?

I sent my application in back october, but my portfolio on the deadline day of the 14th of Novevember,. Then heard back from them on the 26th.

ReputationRep:
    Interview at UCL, whoa, such timing, I was getting worried.
    Now, I have one choice left and cannot decide. Has anyone applied to Cardiff? How is it really?

ReputationRep:
    Now, I have one choice left and cannot decide. Has anyone applied to Cardiff? How is it really?
    When's your interview? - congrats!!When did you send off your task?

ReputationRep:
    Well done! I applied to Cardiff bc I know its well regarded and high up on UK Architecture league tables. Also the fact it's a capital city must mean it's good for placements. I've always been drawn to universities within the city as well and not campus universities (the only drawback about Bath for me)

ReputationRep:
    applied to Bath, Oxford brooks, Sheffield, UCL and Cambridge.
    got the offers from Bath and Oxford Brooks, and the interviews to UCL and Cambridge next week, feeling excited but also stressed.
    also got an email from Sheffield last week, saying that they are unable to offer me a place in architecture but would like to offer me one in town planning or urban studies, but I replied back saying that I do not wish to accept the alternative because architecture has always been something I want to do, so I got rejected today, but anyways, have to face the failure and learn from it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afang02)
    got the offers from Bath and Oxford Brooks, and the interviews to UCL and Cambridge next week, feeling excited but also stressed.
    also got an email from Sheffield last week, saying that they are unable to offer me a place in architecture but would like to offer me one in town planning or urban studies, but I replied back saying that I do not wish to accept the alternative because architecture has always been something I want to do, so I got rejected today, but anyways, have to face the failure and learn from it...
    Sheffield rejected you?! Good luck with all your interviews and well done on your offers!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss.eleanora)
    Sheffield rejected you?! Good luck with all your interviews and well done on your offers!!!
    yep, got rejected...did got quite upset about it but now feeling much better XD
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I have got an offer from Bath, but nothing from UCL yet and I sent the task a while ago.
    Well done on Bath - that's amazing! I got an email from them today though, saying they won't be giving offers until January 15th, so that it's fair on all applicants, so I don't know what that's about.. Because I know someone who applied to Bath for a different course and got an offer last month.

ReputationRep:
    sent off the task to UCL on about 10th November

ReputationRep:
    You've done so well, well done!! If you don't mind me asking how was the Bath application experience? (when did you apply?/when did you hear back? etc)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.