Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amypotts)
    It is coming up for those fun times good luck!

Normally there is a fair number of forensic students (they are one of the biggest courses in our school (applied science/scitech)...but then again my course only has 10 on it).

They will turn up eventually
    fun times ,haha, indeed .so far it was interesting and surely so it will be from now on and most of the people seem to agree on that about college but time passes quite fast,isn't it ?As you are about to reach the end of this road and venture further into life..well, I just wanted to tell you to dare to seek the interesting things in life even further,don't fall into the monotony of day to day

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm applying for MA 3D animation and as I'm international I need to provide my IELTS result, but I don't have it yet. Can I submit my application anyway and send my results later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varya Zh)
    Hi! I'm applying for MA 3D animation and as I'm international I need to provide my IELTS result, but I don't have it yet. Can I submit my application anyway and send my results later?
    Hi! As far as I know you can send your results later for any exam including ielts.I did the same,applied in November or so and only got my ielts results in February.Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBowditch)
    Hey Reachmore!

I lived in the Student Village last year and I really enjoyed it - feel free to ask me if you had any questions about the village

Congratulations on your offer!

Thanks
    Chris
    I was wondering if there is any accommodation in the student village for just two people, as my boyfriend and I want to live together but still want to be close to campus and other students?

Thanks,
    Imogen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ims Stockman)
    I was wondering if there is any accommodation in the student village for just two people, as my boyfriend and I want to live together but still want to be close to campus and other students?

Thanks,
    Imogen
    Hi Imogen,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student studying Business Studies. I'm also a student ambassador like Chris.

From my personal experience, it's very difficult to find options for living with your partner in University accomodation. You could potentially aim for the same flat in the halls of residence, however this might be quite difficult to match up.

I personally took the option to go for private letting. Although it meant that I wasn't paying a combined payment for all of my rent and utilities like you do for University accomodation, I got the experience of dealing with landlords and bill providers etc- so it was one less thing to worry about in the second and final years. It was also quite nice having my own place!

A lot of private lettings are available in Winton which is where our Unilet accomodation is based, so if you were to find somewhere there you'd be close to Uni and surrounded by other students.

If it's something you'd like to know more about just let me know!

Steve Moss

ReputationRep:
    Firmly accepted an unconditional offer to study Media Production at BU last week 👊

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I've accepted Business Information Tech with a placement and will be attending the applicant open day this Saturday. (Unusual to accept then visit, but I did it because reasons...)

Anyway, was wondering if anyone here will be there this Saturday? Anyone excited/got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paddythed)
    Hi everyone.

I've accepted Business Information Tech with a placement and will be attending the applicant open day this Saturday. (Unusual to accept then visit, but I did it because reasons...)

Anyway, was wondering if anyone here will be there this Saturday? Anyone excited/got any advice?
    Hi Paddythed

My name is Patricia and I'm a final year at BU and also a stuent ambassador for them on ThestudentRoom!

It's great to see that you accepted the offer and you'll be attending the applicant open day. I'm also going to be there chaperoning and helping out so you might see me!
    The applicant open days are fairly relaxed, there will be a course talk that you can attend (they usually have a current student on the course so you can ask them about thier experiences on the course). After that there are opportunties to have a camput tour or jump on a shuttle bus and have a look at the accomodation in town.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away

Hopefully see you then!

Patricia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rawrdrigo)
    Firmly accepted an unconditional offer to study Media Production at BU last week 👊
    Hi Rawrdrigo

My name is Patricia and I am a current student and an ambassador for the uni on TheStudentRoom!

Just wanted to say a big Congratulations on your offer and acceptance!

Patricia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patricia.Obawole)
    Hi Paddythed

My name is Patricia and I'm a final year at BU and also a stuent ambassador for them on ThestudentRoom!

It's great to see that you accepted the offer and you'll be attending the applicant open day. I'm also going to be there chaperoning and helping out so you might see me!
    The applicant open days are fairly relaxed, there will be a course talk that you can attend (they usually have a current student on the course so you can ask them about thier experiences on the course). After that there are opportunties to have a camput tour or jump on a shuttle bus and have a look at the accomodation in town.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask away

Hopefully see you then!

Patricia

Thanks for the reply! I take it we'll get to see Talbot campus?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply! I take it we'll get to see Talbot campus?
    Hi Paddythed

The actual applicant open day is on Talbot Campus, BUT most of the accomodation that BU has to offer is based in Lansdowne (about a 10 minutes drive).

So yes, the campus tour will be of Talbot Campus

Hopefully that does not confuse you

Patricia

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.I've accepted Business Information Tech with a placement and will be attending the applicant open day this Saturday. (Unusual to accept then visit, but I did it because reasons...)Anyway, was wondering if anyone here will be there this Saturday? Anyone excited/got any advice?
    As a current Computing student in my first year of Bournemouth, I've known a few students who were studying that course but dropped out due to the technical side in the first year (Programming, Web Development, Databases, C&N). There is only one or two business related units (Business and Professional Issues & System Analysis and Design) in the first year which can put people off who are studying the BIT course but in the second year, you will go down the route of more business related modules. I will just don't be put off in the first year or thinking the course is not what you expected it to be; the second year will be better as you will focus on the business side of computing.

Ask any questions to current students and lecturers that you have; they are very open and honest about the course imo.

ReputationRep:
    That's very helpful, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here going to be studying Business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reachmore)
    Hey Gemma,thank you for the infos', well Student Villiage really sounds like what I'm looking for,I just hope that when the booking starts I wont be too late.Any ideas of the dates or the process?
    Hi Reachmore,

Sorry for the delay in response!

In terms of dates and process this is the information I have.
    It will be in two stages:
    Stage 1 you confirm your details and any specific accommodation requirements you may have
    Stage 2 is making a personal profile for potential housemates to see, selecting your room in real time, and making a payment to secure your room.

Stage 1 will be available in the spring so hopefully you won't have to much longer to wait. You will receive an email when this is available.

You will also receive another email when you are eligible to complete stage 2. This is usually during the summer and students will be given different dates to secure their room depending on if they have their grades or not.

No matter which date you are given to select your accommodation, you have equal change of getting each accommodation as only a selection of accommodation is available on each date to make it fair.

That way those who do not already have their grades have equal change of securing their preferred accommodation as the people who already have their grades.

It may seem a little complicated now but the process should become much clearer when you are doing it.

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    General questions. My congratulations letter said that people who accept Bournemouth as their firm choice are guaranteed accommodation for their first year.. But where is the information regarding this? Also I've signed up for student loans through the government website but when do people generally apply? Just after exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Paddythed;63321801]General questions. My congratulations letter said that people who accept Bournemouth as their firm choice are guaranteed accommodation for their first year.. But where is the information regarding this? Also I've signed up for student loans through the government website but when do people generally apply? Just after exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUO

You can apply for student loans now.

Here is the link to the accommodation section of the BU website

https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    how likely are me and my friends to get the same accommodation ?

ReputationRep:
    do you have to make an immediate payment of your accommodation deposit on results day then? and how much would that be? (it's the first i'm hearing of it)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmaJewell2)
    Hi Reachmore,

Sorry for the delay in response!

In terms of dates and process this is the information I have.
    It will be in two stages:
    Stage 1 you confirm your details and any specific accommodation requirements you may have
    Stage 2 is making a personal profile for potential housemates to see, selecting your room in real time, and making a payment to secure your room.

Stage 1 will be available in the spring so hopefully you won't have to much longer to wait. You will receive an email when this is available.

You will also receive another email when you are eligible to complete stage 2. This is usually during the summer and students will be given different dates to secure their room depending on if they have their grades or not.

No matter which date you are given to select your accommodation, you have equal change of getting each accommodation as only a selection of accommodation is available on each date to make it fair.

That way those who do not already have their grades have equal change of securing their preferred accommodation as the people who already have their grades.

It may seem a little complicated now but the process should become much clearer when you are doing it.

Gemma
    Ty Gemma

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.