Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2015/16 Rugby (Union) Season Thread watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Tuilagi and Joseph sounds like a rather tasty centre partnership. Don't think many teams would like coming up against those in defence.

Do you think he can be targeted at 12 or are his defensive capabilities up to scratch?
    Hopefully Manu will be back for Wales and France (and ideally Ireland) as I think Farrell and Joseph could be a bit frail in defence. Farrell is easily wound up and once that happens he has a tendency to make high or no-arms tackles.

The plus with Farrell is that he knows the Gustard defensive system, and he can run the defence from 12 and leave Ford the responsibility to run the attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Hopefully Manu will be back for Wales and France (and ideally Ireland)
    My Leicester glasses maybe on here but I don't want to see him rushed back to top international level anytime during the 6 nations especially has he's had a new hamstring trouble the last couple of weeks. I agree it would be beneficial for England in this 6 nations but in the long term...I'm not so sure
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by matt1306)
    My Leicester glasses maybe on here but I don't want to see him rushed back to top international level anytime during the 6 nations especially has he's had a new hamstring trouble the last couple of weeks. I agree it would be beneficial for England in this 6 nations but in the long term...I'm not so sure
    Yeah, you might be right, if not Manu then I'd consider giving Sam Hill a shot.

ReputationRep:
    Right then guys and girls, let's have your predictions for the tournament!
    -Winner
    -Grand slam?
    -Wooden spoon
    -Player of the tournament

ReputationRep:
    -Winner
    -Grand slam?
    -Wooden spoon
    Winner: Would love to say England. Absolutely hate to say it but I think Wales. Unlikely to be a Grand Slam though.
    Wooden Spoon: Scotland. Always flatter to deceive. Will have a good game against England but lose narrowly, making everyone believe that this is the season they finally turn things around. Will continue in the same vein in all of their next four defeats. Will lose all matches by a margin of 10 points or less.
    Player of the Tournament: Chris Robshaw.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    -Winner
    -Grand slam?
    -Wooden spoon
    - Wales
    - If they beat Ireland tomorrow then yes
    - Italy
    - Dan Biggar

ReputationRep:
    Wales (I really don't want Ireland to win it, and I really really don't want England to win it).
    Nope, eould be surprised to see us beat both England and Ireland.
    Italy, of course. Think the Scots will beat them comfortably.
    Jonathan Davies.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know if they're using the in-play TMO review like they did in the world cup for this years six nations?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    anyone know if they're using the in-play TMO review like they did in the world cup for this years six nations?
    Presumably. I didn't realise that was a protocol, I presumed the refs just asked the TMO when they wanted to know something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Presumably. I didn't realise that was a protocol, I presumed the refs just asked the TMO when they wanted to know something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doyle doesn't seem to be asking the TMO in play and there are a few neck rolls that look like they would be picked up if it was in use.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He might be good and he might have an international drop goal to his name, but Parrise was wrong to go for that drop goal. Would have summed up Italian rugby wonderfully had he got it, though.

ReputationRep:
    -Winner
    -Grand slam?
    -Wooden spoon
    Winner: Wales
    Grand slam: yes
    Wooden Spoon: Ireland
    Player of the tournament: Jamie Roberts
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Winner: Wales
    Grand slam: yes
    Wooden Spoon: Ireland
    Player of the tournament: Jamie Roberts
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :eek:
    Its a bold call

ReputationRep:
    Its a bold call
    Bold is saying Scotland will finish bottom. What you've said is simply outrageous!

ReputationRep:
    Bold is saying Scotland will finish bottom. What you've said is simply outrageous!
    Haha!! We shall soon find out :P

ReputationRep:
    We'll theres 2 of my predictions gone down the drain but one hell of a performance from Jaime Roberts! And what a great match which had the ending (last 10 mins) it deserved! Proper 6 nations game

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what to think about a draw, it's an odd feeling. Jamie Roberts absolutely superb. So we're both sides defences.

Thought ITV commentary was very poor, and I don't know what game the Irish crowd were watching
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Thought ITV commentary was very poor, and I don't know what game the Irish crowd were watching
    Not sure I agree with that. Mullins and Shane Williams are always excellent. Gordon D'Arcy was a bit one-eyed, but it's presumably his first co-commentary and he'll grow into it just like BOD. If ITV could dump the post-anthem adverts they'd have really excellent coverage.

The result can only be good for England at this stage though.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    We'll theres 2 of my predictions gone down the drain but one hell of a performance from Jaime Roberts! And what a great match which had the ending (last 10 mins) it deserved! Proper 6 nations game
    Roberts was definitely the man of the match. Fantastic game - Ireland Vs Wales is so often one of the best matches of the tournament.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.