Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilymarywilson)
    when did you receive your 8 week email?
    2nd of November

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for the MSc in Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation. I will accept it. Anyone else in that programme?

ReputationRep:
    So happy to be able to join the privileged few who have the honour to post in this thread

Offer for Law LLB (M100) - A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redwhiteandbrit)
    Yes pretty confident! Just waiting to hear back from St Andrews... What halls are you thinking? I'm so lost with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I‘m waiting for UCL but won't go there anyways as I'm firming LSE. I'm thinking about Northumberland or Passfield - they look really nice Not sure if I should go for an undergraduate hall or a mixed hall... What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizzicato)
    I‘m waiting for UCL but won't go there anyways as I'm firming LSE. I'm thinking about Northumberland or Passfield - they look really nice Not sure if I should go for an undergraduate hall or a mixed hall... What do you think?
    Huzzah! We should all have a big meet up and I'm thinking Bankside or Northumberland! Torn between many of them tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abdulmilad)
    Hi guys,

I got an offer to study law.

I wanted to ask how is the standard of teaching? E.g: is there good academic support

How many students are in the classes?

And are the facilities good?
    congrats! i also applied for law at lse but am still waiting on their decision. what were your GCSEs, ASs, and predictions if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    So happy to be able to join the privileged few who have the honour to post in this thread

Offer for Law LLB (M100) - A*AA
    congrats! i also applied for law at lse but am still waiting on their decision. what were your GCSEs, ASs, and predictions if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone ! Law offer holder from Hong Kong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another student.)
    Hello everyone ! Law offer holder from Hong Kong.
    congrats! also waiting on a decision for law. what were your gcse/a-level grades if you did such qualifications in Hong Kong?(i understand it's probably a different system)

ReputationRep:
    mitchriding, Here you go:

Grades:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    8A*s 1A in IGCSE (CIE exam board - school only did 9)
    4As 1B at AS level (B was in Further Maths, As in Single Maths, English Lit, Economics and History)
    4A*s predictions for A2 (Single Maths/English Lit./Economics/History)
    Timeline of emails with LSE
    Spoiler:
    Show
    22/09/2015 - UCAS Acknowledgement email
    08/10/2015 - LSE confirms application
    12/10/2015 - Confirmation that I meet requirements/2-week email
    26/10/2015 - 8-week email/ competition with other applicants in my cohort
    21/12/2015 - 4 week extension email + 2 week Christmas break email
    Today (22/01/2015) - Offer email + Offer Holders' Day invitation

ReputationRep:
    mitchriding, Here you go:
    thank you and congrats, impressive grades! since applying on the 4th of november, i have had an email confirming my application, and one on the 9th of november saying they would update me in 2 weeks' time, but since then i have had no contact? what could this mean and should i worry?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    thank you and congrats, impressive grades! since applying on the 4th of november, i have had an email confirming my application, and one on the 9th of november saying they would update me in 2 weeks' time, but since then i have had no contact? what could this mean and should i worry?

thanks
    They should have sent a "Christmas email" saying that they were closed for two weeks for the holidays. However, since more than four weeks have passed since then, you should have at least received the so-called "8-week" email that says that you are in competition with other applicants in your cohort, and that they will get back to you in maximum 8 weeks.

I'd check all my email accounts (including junk/spam folders) first. After that, well, I honestly don't know - perhaps send a polite email asking whether they are expected to send you any further emails before they come to a decision? I've never been in a position like this, so I'm not exactly in the best position to advise..

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone , got an offer for geography with economics yesterday so happy

i was just wondering what people know about student accommodation in terms of which are the best places for social life and decent rooms.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Bsc in Environment and Development yesterday! Got the 8 week email on Nov 2 and 4 week email on Jan 11th. Good luck to everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    congrats! also waiting on a decision for law. what were your gcse/a-level grades if you did such qualifications in Hong Kong?(i understand it's probably a different system)
    I did the IB and I applied with achieved grades - 42 with 777 in my HLs, not sure what the A levels equivalent would be. I applied in mid-Oct. Hope you hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gitwiz89)
    I got an offer for the MSc in Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation. I will accept it. Anyone else in that programme?
    Congratulations! How long did it take for you to hear?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly 8 weeks, and about 10 days for thecphysical letter...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gitwiz89)
    Exactly 8 weeks, and about 10 days for thecphysical letter...
    Oh wow, I'll be waiting another few weeks so. Were your references slow to upload? I know that can slow down applications. I'm waiting for one of mine.

Is LSE your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Offer for law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    Offer for law
    Congrats!! Has that just come through now? Hope you don't mind me asking but what were your grades & how long ago did you apply?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.