The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Arkasia
So players come to a club, are amazing for a few months, then drop massively in performance levels?

I'd like to nominate Cesc Fabregas for blood tests please.

He's an obvious candidate.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2013/05/02/3947581/the-doping-doctor-eufemiano-fuentes-footballs-unanswered
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Ljungberg was probably on the ball for about 50 seconds a game, he was just there when he needed to be. Never wasted the ball. Sanchez seems to take the ball on in midfield and run into trouble alot, he needs to focus his game to be more around the box imo
He works well with Theo though yer, maybe because he's forced to play higher up the pitch?Giroud and Sanchez doesnt really work

Yep, Ljungberg worked hard and did the basics right, plus he was always there to pop up with the finish or cut the ball back for a tapin.

I think Sanchez has the positioning, quality and work rate to play a similar role.

Obvs the problem is that his current role gets him on the ball a lot so he can't do what Ljungberg did. Sanchez is more of a pure goalscorer for me and I don't like seeing him being the creative player on the left and giving the ball away constantly. Sure, it works when we have Theo because Theo's runs and pace open up more room but Giroud is so immobile that defenders just ignore him and close off all of the space Sanchez wants to run into.

I rate Giroud but I think this team attacks better with Walcott up front, especially against tougher sides. I reckon we would have sunk Spurs in the first 15-20 minutes if we had genuine pace and mobility up front. ****, we still could have sunk them if Giroud didn't have one of those games where he just bottles every chance.
With Giroud in the team, I feel like we might score 2 or 3. With Walcott I feel like we could score 5. Statistics probably prove me wrong but it's just the feeling I get.
Waiting for injury room to tell us all 10 of their occupants broke their legs
Crowley scored a cracking goal for England u-19's vs Japan today.

https://twitter.com/FootbaIlThings/status/665959116658122756
Reply 145
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Crowley scored a cracking goal for England u-19's vs Japan today.

https://twitter.com/FootbaIlThings/status/665959116658122756

Really wanted to see him in the Capital one cup this season..

Such an exciting player

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Really wanted to see him in the Capital one cup this season..

Such an exciting player

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seen as he was recalled from his loan at Barnsley it looks like Wenger has first team plans for him this season.
Reply 147
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Seen as he was recalled from his loan at Barnsley it looks like Wenger has first team plans for him this season.

About time he starts playing with the first team.. will really aid his development - looks so special
I am hesitant about using Crowley too much, looks like he can become another perma-crock of the Wilshere mould if over-exerted.
He reminds me of Santi tbh. He's like a live wire whenever I've seen him play.
I would think under-23 footballers best play half a season of 90 minute matches, or a full season but with substitutions at 60 minutes after every match
You lot heard about this Flamini thing.

Mans balling and kept it secret. Didn't want Wengz to know about the secret stash.
Could be potentially worth £20bn.
Original post by Rk2k14

Mans balling and kept it secret. Didn't want Wengz to know about the secret stash.

And he ****ing hates Tottenham, what a guy.
Original post by Rk2k14

Original post by swirly

Strong photoshop.
imagine not being able to spot a strong photoshop, and ironically commenting strong photoshop when it was supposed to be a strong photoshop
Strong use of the word photoshop.
Reply 157
Wenger's first ever visit to Highbury was when he had a stop at London while travelling. So he called someone and asked them for a ticket to an English football game, and almost inevitably.. was given tickets to a North London Derby.

We won the game 2-0, and after the game Wenger stayed behind and was introduced to David Dein's wife - who then introduced him for the first time to David. They got chatting, and Dein ended up inviting Wenger over for dinner.

That chance ticket to the game, the chance conversation with David Dein is what led up to Wenger becoming an Arsenal man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1
Wenger's first ever visit to Highbury was when he had a stop at London while travelling. So he called someone and asked them for a ticket to an English football game, and almost inevitably.. was given tickets to a North London Derby.

We won the game 2-0, and after the game Wenger stayed behind and was introduced to David Dein's wife - who then introduced him for the first time to David. They got chatting, and Dein ended up inviting Wenger over for dinner.

That chance ticket to the game, the chance conversation with David Dein is what led up to Wenger becoming an Arsenal man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine if Ferguson never joined United and was in his shoes.

The trophies:ahee:
Original post by swirly
imagine not being able to spot a strong photoshop, and ironically commenting strong photoshop when it was supposed to be a strong photoshop

Imagine thinking when I say strong photoshop I actually mean strong photoshop and not realise that the photoshop is actually a little bit crap.

Latest