Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    got rejected from lancaster post interview. Gutted because it was the only interview i got, but at the same time i wasnt too keen on going there. Gap year it is then ... just gotta make sure i nail my A2 exams.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejections from Warwick and Southampton post interview. Applications pulled from Nottingham and Swansea for financial reasons.

Stats:

UKCAT: 775
    GAMSAT: 73
    PhD (maths)
    Master of maths: 1st
    A-levels: 6As
    GCSEs: 7A*, 1A, 2B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmer1998)
    Is anyone else on two interviews and two pre interview rejections?
    I am

ReputationRep:
    I got three rejections (1 pre interview, 2 post interview) and.. ONE OFFER! so if anyone else has received 3 rejections and waiting for one more, don't lose hope

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys.

Got my fourth rejection from Edinburgh a while ago now, but just thought I'd add to this thread in case it might be helpful to anyone.

Applied to: Oxford, Notts, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.

GCSEs: 6A*s, 5As
    AS: 5As
    A2 pred.: 4A*s
    UKCAT: 640

Good luck to those still with offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    I got three rejections (1 pre interview, 2 post interview) and.. ONE OFFER! so if anyone else has received 3 rejections and waiting for one more, don't lose hope
    Seeing you get an offer is giving me hope for my last uni too! HYMS right? Smash those exams and get in girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    Seeing you get an offer is giving me hope for my last uni too! HYMS right? Smash those exams and get in girl!
    Yep HYMS Good luck for getting that offer!!! I'm gonna give it everything I've got

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from Aberdeen :/

ReputationRep:
    One rejection and still waiting on 3 so far... I would just be so so happy and thankful for just one offer from any of them! Anybody else still waiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedNebula)
    One rejection and still waiting on 3 so far... I would just be so so happy and thankful for just one offer from any of them! Anybody else still waiting?
    2 rejections and waiting on 2 to get back to me post-interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    2 rejections and waiting on 2 to get back to me post-interview.
    Good luck!! Which ones are you waiting on?
    And do you think there is still hope as one of mine hasn't even said if they are interviewing me or not?
    Bit nervous :/
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!! Which ones are you waiting on?
    And do you think there is still hope as one of mine hasn't even said if they are interviewing me or not?
    Bit nervous :/
    Thanks
    You're still waiting pre-interview? They're taking their time! Who are you waiting on? And are you international? That may be the reason, since they usually make us wait until after home students are dealt with.

And thanks! I'm waiting on Southampton and UCLAN, had my interviews for them in late February and last week. Its only been a week so if its good news I'll probably hear in another couple weeks.

ReputationRep:
    You're still waiting pre-interview? They're taking their time! Who are you waiting on? And are you international? That may be the reason, since they usually make us wait until after home students are dealt with.

And thanks! I'm waiting on Southampton and UCLAN, had my interviews for them in late February and last week. Its only been a week so if its good news I'll probably hear in another couple weeks.
    Yeah, Cardiff, the deadline for offers is 31st March isn't it? Nah, not international, from Bristol So yeah idk...

Ah okay, hope they went well! Yeah hopefully hear soon

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Cardiff, the deadline for offers is 31st March isn't it? Nah, not international, from Bristol So yeah idk...

Ah okay, hope they went well! Yeah hopefully hear soon
    Don't know specifics about Cardiff, but I do know several people who also haven't heard from them, so I guess they just take more time! I'm sure you'll hear soon enough, good luck

ReputationRep:
    Don't know specifics about Cardiff, but I do know several people who also haven't heard from them, so I guess they just take more time! I'm sure you'll hear soon enough, good luck
    That's encouraging thanks... I hope thats all it is! And thank you, you too!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello,

To all of you waiting for to hear back from unis, don't lose hope! When one of The Medic Portal doctors working in our office applied to Medicine, he had 2 rejections outright and 2 interviews which led to 1 offer and 1 rejection. It all worked out in the end!

Even if it doesn't work out for you this year, definitely consider taking a gap year and reapplying. As we're sure you know, a gap year is the perfect opportunity to really boost your application. You could get amazing work experience abroad and get really great medical work placements in the UK as you'll have more time to arrange them. If you want, have a read of our free blog with our 3 top tips on what to do if your applications are unsuccessful.

We hope this helps, and we have our fingers crossed for you all!

The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Glasgow, Edinburgh (both pre interview) and Aberdeen earlier yesterday (post interview). Let's hope Dundee accept despite the terrible interview🙏🏽

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capnUSA)
    3 rejections from UCL, Bristol and Edinburgh, waiting for Cardiff but lets be real, don't think i'm really going to get in
    Hello!

Has UCL updated your ucas track with a rejection?

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Southampton today morning. It was post-interview as an International, mature, non-grad. Really disappointed because I thought I had done okay in the interview.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Southampton today morning. It was post-interview as an International, mature, non-grad. Really disappointed because I thought I had done okay in the interview.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you received any other offers?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.