Should women be allowed to be topless in public? Watch
1. Are they?
2. But is someone arresting them for it?
3. Just like homophobes judge homosexual people kissing or holding hands in public? Or just like racists give weird looks to their daughter's boyfriend who happens to be from another ethnicity? All 3 cases are the same.
4. That depends on the employment contract that you signed. Just like you might not be allowed to kiss others (regardless of their gender), speak in a foreign language or wear a pyjama, you might not be allowed to go topless or wear a burlap sack to your workplace.
5. See point 4.
6. That's irrelevant to the question of whether or not women should be allowed to be topless.
7. See point 6. Plus going topless is not the same as being naked.
8. See point 7.
9. Feel free to make a case against that.
10. See point 7.
11. See point 7. I never mentioned the idea of gender "oppression".
3. Yes that's fine they can think what they want as long as they don't try to stop them doing it. This is that ugly part of freedom of speech which progressives must hold their nose and accept.
4. As you well know the job market is "free" but unfree. Similarly to what I am saying for the woman going topless. Nobody is going to stop her doing what she wants but she will reap the consequences and must own them. Nobody is going to ban me from refusing to sign a contract where I have to dress smart, but it's my lookout when I don’t have a job.
5. Topless is not the same as naked but it's also patently not the same as a bare male chest. I consider breasts unique and in a higher category than secondary sexual characteristics (SSCs) like chest hair, if in a lower one than sexual organs. Then the question becomes do we want to draw the cover up line between breasts and sex organs or between breasts and SSCs.
I drew the comparison with the bum in another post and would suggest it is the only other feature that might be categorised along with breasts. So why is the campaign about getting your breasts out rather than getting your bum out?
To qualify my comments earlier. I consider that where men can be topless, so should women. So a beach, at home, in a park, when swimming and in a sauna is OK, in the shops, the high street and at work (for example) everyone should cover up.
- Study Helper
Men do have breasts... that's why men can get breast cancer...
Also breasts are only seen as sexual organs because that's the way our society views them. They ain't. They're for feeding babies.
Posted from TSR Mobile
- Study Helper