Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No, I'm not. But that verse says that that particular sin will never be forgivable. Now, is there any other sin which also falls under that category?
    Only in the context of the day of judgement. It can be forgiven if you repent during life. Read the tafsir for this verse and the nature around it being revealed. The English version is quite short and straightforward.

If you're asking "what's other sins remove person from islam", these include - but are not limited to - ridiculing Allah and the messengers, missing prayers -depends on the period of prayers missed - and favouring other laws over Allah's. These 3 that I've mentioned are agreed upon by all 4 sunni schools. So even if you disagree, the opinion of a non-Muslim is irrelevant because that's not the islamic view.

I've aalso read one opinion which states that attempting to marry against what Allah has made permissable, also makes one a apostate. I can't explain much more though, it was a brief paragraph and didn't go into detail.

(Original post by fatima1998)
    is your bf is an atheist???
    someone told me that Muslims are allowed to marry either a Muslim, Christian or a Jewish
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm flummoxed that you would listen to the words of a nobody when the vast majority of scholars - probably the 99% mark - say the opposite.

Is your friend likely to be right and all these experts just failed?

Salam sister, as you are a muslim you know that dating is haram.
    A muslim female can't marry a non-muslim person.

I pray that you find a nice muslim guy. tc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm flummoxed that you would listen to the words of a nobody when the vast majority of scholars - probably the 99% mark - say the opposite.

Is your friend likely to be right and all these experts just failed?
    I am nor making that up or asked any scholars
    it's in the Quran
    it says that you can marry either a Muslim, Christian or a Jewish but I think it's only for Muslim guys, not girls
    the reason behind it is that if the child is born then that child would take her/his father's religion not mothers
    so if a Muslim girl marries a Christian guy than then the child have to raise as a Christian
    OR MAY ME I AM COMPLETELY WRONG!!!
    this is from the quran [60:10] O you who believe, when believing women come emigrating to you, you shall test them. God knows best about their belief. If you find them to be believers, you shall not return them to the disbelievers, they are not lawful for them nor are the disbelievers lawful for them. You shall return to the disbelievers what they had paid. You commit no error by marrying them, so long as you pay them their dowries. Do not keep the disbelieving wives and you may ask them for the dowry you had paid and they may ask for what they paid. This is God's rule; He rules among you. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.
    In the above verse God did not specify a religion of the women in question, but the only requirement is that they are“believers”. They could be Jewish, Christian or other, as long as they believers (60:10) and are not idol worship (2:221) then they are lawful to marry. Various Quranic verses, such as 2:62 tell us that there are sincere believers who are Jewish or Christian.
    basically i think that Muslims can marry anyone as long as their partner believe in God

ReputationRep:
    ask for Allah's guide. Istikarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminarychild)
    Go for him, If you really love him and he feels the same way

But I was once was in love with a non muslim white girl too we were together for over a year and my family severed that relationship, even though we both fought so hard. On the plus side both of you are pretty well established so you can take care of yourselves, but honestly you might never see your family again.
    This is the problem today if youre a muslim i really dont know how you encourage someone to against teachings of islam. Everyone will be accountable for deeds actions saying stuff like go for him isnt the advice she needs.

ReputationRep:
    i'm catholic barely religious i live life to the full live with no regrets who cares if its haraaam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terrybay)
    i'm catholic barely religious i live life to the full live with no regrets who cares if its haraaam
    Great advice :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my uncles maried to an asian lady and my nan wont accept her and his mrs wont accept my nan.
    basically the older generation of white ppl are the same

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    She can call herself whatever she wants. In Islam the only sin that takes you out of the religion is shirk. And as to her parents, she will have to decide whether she wants to sacrifice her life to make them happy or live her own life regardless of what they think of it.
    not exactly, but for your understanding let's say so.

also, at the time of committing zina one's faith leaves their soul/body and "dangles above their head" until the deed is finished it returns, so at the time of fornication you are not even muslim - she will basically spend the rest of her life committing zina with this guy since the marriage won't be valid in Islam....

ReputationRep:
    If you are committed to each other genuinely and are complimentary with each other then go ahead but if not think again because reality seeps in when you actually start living together. You don't want to find out how far apart you are when you are living together because that's what usually happens in such circumstances. Also, you need to find out if he feels the same about you.....meaning.....in as much as you know the relationship between you and him, you also really need to find out the relationship between him and you( from your side to his side and from his side to your side). When all is done and are still then that should be fine I guess. You need to make an independent yet reasonable decision by taking into consideration all the factors surrounding you and the guy as the choices you make now will affect you either negatively or positively and you should be prepared to live with the consequences of your decisions

(Original post by fatima1998)
    I am nor making that up or asked any scholars
    it's in the Quran
    it says that you can marry either a Muslim, Christian or a Jewish but I think it's only for Muslim guys, not girls
    the reason behind it is that if the child is born then that child would take her/his father's religion not mothers
    so if a Muslim girl marries a Christian guy than then the child have to raise as a Christian
    OR MAY ME I AM COMPLETELY WRONG!!!
    this is from the quran [60:10] O you who believe, when believing women come emigrating to you, you shall test them. God knows best about their belief. If you find them to be believers, you shall not return them to the disbelievers, they are not lawful for them nor are the disbelievers lawful for them. You shall return to the disbelievers what they had paid. You commit no error by marrying them, so long as you pay them their dowries. Do not keep the disbelieving wives and you may ask them for the dowry you had paid and they may ask for what they paid. This is God's rule; He rules among you. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.
    In the above verse God did not specify a religion of the women in question, but the only requirement is that they are“believers”. They could be Jewish, Christian or other, as long as they believers (60:10) and are not idol worship (2:221) then they are lawful to marry. Various Quranic verses, such as 2:62 tell us that there are sincere believers who are Jewish or Christian.
    basically i think that Muslims can marry anyone as long as their partner believe in God

Only Muslim men can marry non muslim women, the women must marry muslim men.

It doesn't sound fair and it doesn't make sense.

They said it's because the children follow the father but what if they don't want children? What if the man allows the woman to raise them as Muslim? Or what if she's ill and can't get pregnant?

People come up with justifications but it all comes down to sexism.

Just like 4 wives, sex slaves, more rights, more trusted, less restrictions while the women don't get any of that, must be covered and can't travel alone past a certain distance.

I know these rules were made thousands of years ago but surely Allah would know that in 2016 women are equal, they can work, go to school, travel on their own and wear what they want without being attacked?

I'm muslim btw

ReputationRep:
    No sensible religion would view God in such a way that God would be so damn pedantic to hate a person that is otherwise benevolent, selfless and loving and moral, just because he fails to worship said God in the way that the God likes.

If a God did exist it wouldn't be so damn fickle that it would have a fit if you didn't worship it in the specific way he wants you to and ****, he probably wouldn't give a **** whether you worship him or not. It would be like ants worshipping us - we would pay them no attention and just assume that of course they would worship us as we are so much superior, big wow.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him to pretend to convert to Islam, that will please your family and will see he's well established and loaded to buy the greedy ****ers all they desire. You keep him & your ******** family

ReputationRep:

They said it's because the children follow the father but what if they don't want children? What if the man allows the woman to raise them as Muslim? Or what if she's ill and can't get pregnant?

Just like 4 wives, sex slaves, more rights, more trusted, less restrictions while the women don't get any of that, must be covered and can't travel alone past a certain distance.

I know these rules were made thousands of years ago but surely Allah would know that in 2016 women are equal, they can work, go to school, travel on their own and wear what they want without being attacked?

I'm muslim btw
    I don't mean to be an apologist, but I don't think this specific thing is purely down to sexism. I think its more propagation of religion. Islam sounds like the type of religion that will want to propagate itself at all costs... and normally children follow the religion of their father (in the same way the father's surname is passed down)... you find the same thing in orthodox Judaism if I'm not mistaken.

ReputationRep:

I'm muslim btw
    i literally have EXACT thoughts...
    i also think it's unfair and the Quran was written ages ages ago and today's century is completely different
    but we can't do anything i guess, if we are Muslim

ReputationRep:
    A muslim woman is seen to be a precious, delicate flower, easy to damage but can still stay and show strength. But believe that shaitan can try to move anyone away from the path of righteousness and he may be attempting this through the use of your boyfriend. Your boyfriend has the power to make you look back on your religion and think of its faults and how you shouldn't believe in what you believe in and if he is not yet doing this remember that shaitan can be very persuasive and will take every opportunity it sees. Moving you away from your family is step 1. Your family may be strict but bare in mind that they are strict for your own good as they only want what is best for you.

In the end it is not me who is making the decision on what to do. You are a mature, respectful woman and if you do choose to stay with your boyfriend just remember it says in the Qur'an 14:22, ''And Satan will say when the matter has been concluded, "Indeed, Allah had promised you the promise of truth. And I promised you, but I betrayed you. But I had no authority over you except that I invited you, and you responded to me. So do not blame me; but blame yourselves. I cannot be called to your aid, nor can you be called to my aid. Indeed, I deny your association of me [with Allah ] before. Indeed, for the wrongdoers is a painful punishment."

I only mean the best and may Allah help you pick the right decision insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Stranger things have happened.

ReputationRep:
    not exactly, but for your understanding let's say so.

also, at the time of committing zina one's faith leaves their soul/body and "dangles above their head" until the deed is finished it returns, so at the time of fornication you are not even muslim - she will basically spend the rest of her life committing zina with this guy since the marriage won't be valid in Islam....
    Scriptural evidence for this?

ReputationRep:
    If he makes you happy then thats all that matters. You dont have to be religious to be a good person and to let religion prevent you from being happy would not be being true to yourself. If there is a god surely above all else it would want you to be happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.