Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilthoniel)
    Just got an email about an hour ago from accommodations! Got a single room at Holyrood North. Anyone else comin?
    I also accepted a single room offer at Holyrood North, in the residents hall. I'm slightly anxious because I've read some bad reviews about postgrad accommodations but it all looked nice online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ppolpg)
    I also accepted a single room offer at Holyrood North, in the residents hall. I'm slightly anxious because I've read some bad reviews about postgrad accommodations but it all looked nice online.
    Yeah I've read those, but most of them are from at least one year ago. I'm in the flats. I still haven't accepted mine because I actually want to live in a flat, but it seems like a good offer. It wouldve been much better if we got some more photos. It's kinda ridiculous that they still don't have proper photos of the rooms. I even checked the tag #holyroodnorth on instagram, I'm telling you!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've read those, but most of them are from at least one year ago. I'm in the flats. I still haven't accepted mine because I actually want to live in a flat, but it seems like a good offer. It wouldve been much better if we got some more photos. It's kinda ridiculous that they still don't have proper photos of the rooms. I even checked the tag #holyroodnorth on instagram, I'm telling you!
    I'm an international student/ non-uk resident so trying to find both a private sector flat and a uk-resident to co-sign in a weeks time once I arrive is daunting. But I would have perffered finding a flat on my own if the logistics were slightly less complicated. I know!!! I keep looking for pictures of the rooms with no luck; at this point the rooms are built and ready for students to move into so they should be updating the visuals to match the progress. I like your enthusiasm --you've been a lot more diligent than I have.What course are you attending?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student/ non-uk resident so trying to find both a private sector flat and a uk-resident to co-sign in a weeks time once I arrive is daunting. But I would have perffered finding a flat on my own if the logistics were slightly less complicated. I know!!! I keep looking for pictures of the rooms with no luck; at this point the rooms are built and ready for students to move into so they should be updating the visuals to match the progress. I like your enthusiasm --you've been a lot more diligent than I have.What course are you attending?
    Same tbh, I'm international as well and although uni accommodation seems like the easiest option I cannot help but feel I could find something better for my money's worth! (Guess I'm a bit cheap? ) Yeah, I actually emailed the accommodation network for more photos and they brushed it off so casually. Oh well... Aha, thanks! I'll be attending MSc Applied Linguistics. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JP298)
    Same here, was it a 10 person flat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah what flat are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gstar7)
    Yeah what flat are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please consider carefully before posting this! TSR is public and you don't want to advertise your address online.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else not applied for accommodation yet?? Forgot about it cause of exams

ReputationRep:
    Same tbh, I'm international as well and although uni accommodation seems like the easiest option I cannot help but feel I could find something better for my money's worth! (Guess I'm a bit cheap? ) Yeah, I actually emailed the accommodation network for more photos and they brushed it off so casually. Oh well... Aha, thanks! I'll be attending MSc Applied Linguistics. How about you?
    Hahaha postgrads have to be "cheap"; how else would we survive? That's concerning. I hope that the rooms are actually done by the time we arrive.... Congrats! Msc comparative public policy.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how you find out your room number etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurabeth18)
    Does anyone know how you find out your room number etc
    It should be under "accept contract" in accommodation, next to "address"

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how large the beds are in terms of what sort of bedding we should be purchasing for uni accommodations?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how large the beds are in terms of what sort of bedding we should be purchasing for uni accommodations?
    It will say on the website of your accommodation and in the contract I believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkofaneyee)
    Does anyone know if abbeyhill's large room is quite a bit bigger than standard or what? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wish that was made clear as I'm also wondering how big the large rooms are.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with an offer able to tell me when the move in date is? My offer is conditional so obviously if I make it I won't hear back until after results day in August, but my mum's taking the day off work and she needs to put in for it asap😬

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kymberleyyy)
    Anyone with an offer able to tell me when the move in date is? My offer is conditional so obviously if I make it I won't hear back until after results day in August, but my mum's taking the day off work and she needs to put in for it asap😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure it's the 10th of September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I cant seem to apply for accommodation? I go to services on myed portal and says no information can be found....theres no button to 'apply'??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeGregg)
    I cant seem to apply for accommodation? I go to services on myed portal and says no information can be found....theres no button to 'apply'??
    Are you an unconditional firm? I think that's the only time you can access it. Maybe email them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erinaceous)
    Are you an unconditional firm? I think that's the only time you can access it. Maybe email them?
    I just made it my firm choice today so mayne takes a wee while to update?! Ill wait a day or two to see and then email them! Hopefully sorts itself out

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your offer! I got Abbeyhill the other day and it seems a pretty modern and comfortable accommodation. I'd thought it was not far away from campus but someone in the thread said it isn't. How is it really? Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else been give Deaconess? I'm in a five person flat!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.