Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    (...)

Thank you!
    You are welcome! apart from your goal, ahieving A*'s, what are your plans for your future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    TSR standards......
    Good luck in your GCSE's
    Hehe I wish some people on here revise for a good 10 hours each day whereas it's an achievement for me if I do 3
    Good luck to you too!!

(Original post by Kallisto)
    You are welcome! apart from your goal, ahieving A*'s, what are your plans for your future?
    Hmm well after sixth form I want to go to university, either studying maths, computer science or engineering. Then lol idk, I've been thinking about becoming an actuary? But it's ages away so I have time to think

ReputationRep:
    Spent today not doing much, went through some past papers for lit and made an essay plan in my mind (hey it's better than nothing)
    I can't sleep now so I'm revising B123, and I'll do a past paper some time today/tomorrow (have been saying that for the past couple days...)
    Also discovered OCR (hate this exam board with a passion) have a UMS calculator so I've been using that to calculate what I need to get A*s in a few subjects:
    Computing A451: low A/high B depending on whether I got 43 or 44 in A452
    Biology: scrape A* in B123, high A in 456
    Physics: low A*s in both exams
    Chemistry: pretty high A*s, according to last year's grade boundaries if I get 64/75 and 66/85 I'll scrape A* haha
    English language: high A or low A* I think, around 67/80
    English literature: A*s in all three papers, 30/40, 30/40 and 43/49

Obviously this is using last year's grade boundaries (apart from computing bc last year was a mess) so the marks could change but it's a rough estimate that'll motivate me even more
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (...)
    Hmm well after sixth form I want to go to university, either studying maths, computer science or engineering. Then lol idk, I've been thinking about becoming an actuary? But it's ages away so I have time to think
    True. It is just a bit easier when you have more precise goals for your future. It is a greater motivation for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Good luck with your GCSE's

OCR computing is a killer! I managed to get A* and A in the controlled assessments after hours and endless nights. Dreading theory now :bawling:
    Haha, same. Those assessments are so long and complicated. The theory shouldn't be too bad as long as it isn't the same as last years paper.

ReputationRep:
    The key with doing well in OCR GCSE Computing for the exam is just knowing the content really really well. Practise all the past papers and get to know how the mark scheme likes to award responses. Takes a lot of time and effort but very do-able.
    Trust me, I got full UMS in the exam last year 🎉😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hehe I wish some people on here revise for a good 10 hours each day whereas it's an achievement for me if I do 3
    Good luck to you too!!
    Become an Astronaut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    True. It is just a bit easier when you have more precise goals for your future. It is a greater motivation for everyone.
    Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to figure it out in the next two years

(Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    Computing was one of my supposedly guaranteed A*'s but that exam was horrific. Got an A* just about. That was only because A451 was at 100% and A452 was at a mid A
    (Original post by LeoZango)
    Haha, same. Those assessments are so long and complicated. The theory shouldn't be too bad as long as it isn't the same as last years paper.
    I did for my mock and felt like crying lol
    Where were the topologies, the binary-denary-hex conversions? The logic gates? So upsetting ngl

(Original post by ThatGuyGeorge)
    The key with doing well in OCR GCSE Computing for the exam is just knowing the content really really well. Practise all the past papers and get to know how the mark scheme likes to award responses. Takes a lot of time and effort but very do-able. Trust me, I got full UMS in the exam last year 🎉😊
    I've revised all the content but still don't feel like I know it well enough.. Been getting Bs/low As in past papers so hopefully I can improve my score before the exam hehe, congrats on full UMS though!

(Original post by Bulletzone)
    Become an Astronaut.
    climb aboard get ready to explore
    zooming through the sky little einsteins

ReputationRep:
    Need to actually do some revision today lol
    . June 2003 Admaths paper then give it to my teacher for marking tomorrow
    . B123 paper even though I find them so boring
    . C3 revision yay!!!! :/
    . go over Cold War key topic one again

ReputationRep:
    Exam week #2 roundup:
    English lit, modern drama (Journey's End) and prose from different cultures (OMAM): not too sure, while I was doing the exam it felt pretty bad but I think it was okay overall, managed to finish thankfully
    Biology, B123: started off well then I pretty much nope'd, two out three six mark questions were terrible and one idek if I did it right. Checked the unofficial markscheme and I should've scraped A* depending on grade boundaries
    English lit, literary heritage prose (LotF) and poetry: Lord of the Flies was nice, poetry was decent but I veered off track; question was about the poem being disturbing and my last paragraph talks about Heaney contrasting it with hope lol

Overall okay week, gotta use this half term to prep for the next three :|

ReputationRep:
    exam roundup week #3
    history, Cold War: could've been worse, messed up a few dates but meh
    economics, unit 11: nice exam, my conclusions were spot on
    admaths: just no, think i still got an A
    english, info and ideas: decent paper, one of the questions was a bit strange but i enjoyed the writing
    computing, a451: i'm hoping for an A and i think i got it, nothing too hard
    economics, unit 12: okay this was just unfair there was a whole question on chewing gum. aqa don't you know what a good exam is like
    chemistry, c123: decent overall, i need quite a high mark if i want to get A* so i think i need to make it up in c456

today (when i get up) i'm going to start Russia revision and c4, already done a little bit of physics

ReputationRep:
    four more exams left!! B456 tomorrow, C456 on monday, history source paper on tuesday and P456 on wednesday

i've actually done work today so i'm happy
    . covered C4
    . covered B4
    . did past paper questions for C4
    . did a some end of topic questions covering C4

now i plan on doing a B456 paper then maybe look at C5

as well as do my flashcards for P456 and B5 and B6 (i made notes for B4) in the evening

productivity is at a high today

ReputationRep:
    exam week four maybe?
    . Russia was good, babbled on a bit but hopefully all relevant things
    . P123 was meh, thought it went well but i got a lot more wrong than i'd thought
    . B456 was good overall although i didn't do enough revision for B4, i feep confident that i'll get A*

bring on the final week

ReputationRep:
    exam week four maybe?
    . P123 was meh, thought it went well but i got a lot more wrong than i'd thought
    . B456 was good overall although i didn't do enough revision for B4, i feep confident that i'll get A*

bring on the final week
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    exam week four maybe?

bring on the final week
    I have 2 more exams left I'm soo happy *cries tears of joy*

.... and I don't think I'm going to so well in my P456 exam tomorrow...... I haven't revised and I need AT LEAST an A in this exam........................... (ocr please be nice please don't put anything about lenses or smth)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks!

(Original post by I'm_infires)
    I have 2 more exams left I'm soo happy *cries tears of joy*

.... and I don't think I'm going to so well in my P456 exam tomorrow...... I haven't revised and I need AT LEAST an A in this exam........................... (ocr please be nice please don't put anything about lenses or smth)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ah what do you have after P456? i'm trying to do some last minute P6 revision as it confuses the hell out of me ocr are horrible i wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's (today lol) exam was full of stuff i couldn't do... i'm hoping for A* but idk if i can get it

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

ah what do you have after P456? i'm trying to do some last minute P6 revision as it confuses the hell out of me ocr are horrible i wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow's (today lol) exam was full of stuff i couldn't do... i'm hoping for A* but idk if i can get it
    I'm hoping for an A* as well in Physics (only need an A for sixth form though) but.... revision and me don't get on well...

And my last exam, Further Maths calculator paper, is on Friday. Hoping for an A^ in F.M.... man I would die if I manage an A^ 😂

And I agree. P6 IS ****
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

I bet what happened with my C456 paper will happen... I didn't revise precipitates hoping they wouldn't come up.... and 3 questions on it (1 OF THEM BEING A 6 MARKER) came up!!!!! I think I scraped an A* in that paper tho (plz god help me) so I think ocr will be the pricks they are and put everything I am horrible at about Physics on the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_infires)
    I'm hoping for an A* as well in Physics (only need an A for sixth form though) but.... revision and me don't get on well...

And my last exam, Further Maths calculator paper, is on Friday. Hoping for an A^ in F.M.... man I would die if I manage an A^ 😂

And I agree. P6 IS ****
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    what are you taking next year?

ah how is further maths (you've already done one paper right) ? i did additional maths instead and we have one two-hour calculator paper which was completely terrible this year haha
    hopefully i still got an A (highest grade)

ReputationRep:
    yay i'm finally done with exams!
    C456: good, checked the unofficial mark scheme and i think i did pretty well
    Britain source paper: Depression in 1930s came up which was a good topic for me so i'm happy, i only just managed to finish in time so my essay was a bit ehh
    P456: absolutely smashed the last six marker on potential dividers, and the rest of the paper was nice. according to the unofficial mark scheme i got at least 67/85, and that's me being pretty harsh so

overall i think i'll get:
    english lang: a*
    english lit: a
    physics: a*
    chemistry: a
    biology: a*
    rs: a*
    history: a
    french: a*
    economics: a/b
    additional maths: a/b
    computing: a*

my target was 6 a*s so even though it's less than i'm predicted i'm fairly happy (well i won't be if i don't get an a in admaths )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.