Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    First of all, the people I have identified do not make up the "lion's share" of the population but you are exactly fulfilling the stereotype I have identified by regarding themselves and yourself as being one of average people. How can I be so sure of that? Because my stereotype is entirely male and anyone who identifies an entirely male group as being "average" has precisely the blindspot that I identify.

My stereotype is not exclusively working class; it includes the golf club bore as much as the man down the working man's club.

Moreover, my attitude is not one of distain. There is a certain amount of sympathy for people bypassed by history. However, as I said they lose the argument because they do not build coalitions. They are not the lion's share of the population but they think they are.
    I don't fulfill any of those stereotypes.

I don't think women are in the minority(if they were the human race wouldn't be expanding at the rate it is), I had what could be perceived as a middle-class upbringing, I haven't been bypassed by history, I drink latte, I have drunk bitter occasionally although it isn't my favored type of beer, I get annoyed by some politicians inability to compromise for the common good and I respect everyone's right to hold opinions that differ from my own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I don't fulfill any of those stereotypes.

I don't think women are in the minority(if they were the human race wouldn't be expanding at the rate it is), I had what could be perceived as a middle-class upbringing, I haven't been bypassed by history, I drink latte, I have drunk bitter occasionally although it isn't my favored type of beer, I get annoyed by some politicians inability to compromise for the common good and I respect everyone's right to hold opinions that differ from my own.
    Noted

ReputationRep:
    do you really think the goverment would spend those 9/Millions or Billions on tax paying citizens or in society alone?? that is just money that wont be spent on british people STAY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funky pigent1)
    do you really think the goverment would spend those 9/Millions or Billions on tax paying citizens or in society alone?? that is just money that wont be spent on british people STAY
    Hold on a minute so they save 9 billion yet that will be spent on no one?

Mate you just went full retard it would simply be add to the budget of what can be spent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'No-brainer' on every front: from constitutional questions of sovereign impingement and legal subordination and subservience, through social problems and migratory chaos, political confusion, disunity, and polarisation, and military incompetence, to economic instability and turmoil :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Leave.

ReputationRep:
    Stay

ReputationRep:
    What unadulterated drivel - economic impact - we would save £350 million a week - and xenophobic because we want to control our borders - historically Britain has always welcomed peoples who are fleeing pogroms, and those who wish to improve their lot.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.