Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    But each bathroom isn't necessarily just one bathroom as you might have in a house. The bathroom in my flat in Norwood had in it two toilet cubicles and two little shower rooms.
    Huh, I didn't know that. It makes sense that it would be like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    Huh, I didn't know that. It makes sense that it would be like that.
    Yeah, I was planning to go for en suite accommodation (having used horrible shared showers at Oxford interviews) and then I saw a Norwood bathroom on an open day and I decided it made no sense to pay more money when that was perfectly good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    Yeah, I was planning to go for en suite accommodation (having used horrible shared showers at Oxford interviews) and then I saw a Norwood bathroom on an open day and I decided it made no sense to pay more money when that was perfectly good!
    Times 100!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the best accomadation socially, party-wise? And just in general overall niceness? I was looking at Norwood just cause its right by the student union, and then Westwood cause of the amount of people? Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Quinton)
    Anyone know the best accomadation socially, party-wise? And just in general overall niceness? I was looking at Norwood just cause its right by the student union, and then Westwood cause of the amount of people? Any opinions?
    Westwood is probably quite good cause of the amount of people, but I've heard that means you end up only knowing a few people compared to your whole 'flat'.

I personally prefer Norwood, shortest stumble back to bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c9smith8)
    Westwood is probably quite good cause of the amount of people, but I've heard that means you end up only knowing a few people compared to your whole 'flat'.

I personally prefer Norwood, shortest stumble back to bed
    Also makes pulling easier.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me decide between Woodland, M/S Court, Westwood and Norwood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james7777)
    Can anyone help me decide between Woodland, M/S Court, Westwood and Norwood?
    Well, give us your pros and cons of each and what you are looking for in a university accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince Quinton)
    Do you mean Westwood has a lot of people or not many people? And do you guys think there is not much difference between Westwood and Eastwood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albyedw)
    Do you mean Westwood has a lot of people or not many people? And do you guys think there is not much difference between Westwood and Eastwood?
    Westwood has a lot of people per group. This is very good for parties etc but I've heard that as there are so many you can never become close to that many, so pros and cons I guess.

I think the only difference between the 2 is that Eastwood gets no cleaning. Every other hall gets its communal areas (kitchen and bathrooms) cleaned weekly. I guess this can get pretty bad after a while so..?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c9smith8)
    Westwood has a lot of people per group. This is very good for parties etc but I've heard that as there are so many you can never become close to that many, so pros and cons I guess.

I think the only difference between the 2 is that Eastwood gets no cleaning. Every other hall gets its communal areas (kitchen and bathrooms) cleaned weekly. I guess this can get pretty bad after a while so..?!
    By group do you mean flat? Yeah i guess westwood would be good socially, I guess you can still get close to people on your floor etc.

ReputationRep:
    By group do you mean flat? Yeah i guess westwood would be good socially, I guess you can still get close to people on your floor etc.
    Yeh I do, I've had it strongly recommended by mates so..!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bath.ac.uk/guides/westwoo...accommodation/

Does anyone know why the rooms look so different in that link (the slideshow on the bottom)? The third pic in the slideshow looks like a prison cell compared to the first two lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darcy1)

Does anyone know why the rooms look so different in that link (the slideshow on the bottom)? The third pic in the slideshow looks like a prison cell compared to the first two lmao
    Westwood seems to have a lot of variation. At the open day I saw the Westwood rooms like the 'prison cell' and they felt like it. Kinda put me off, especially as the 'flat' was arranged vertical around a stair case. Not on a single floor.

ReputationRep:

I would guess that the wall facing the corridor in all these rooms isnt plastered and is just bare brick, and the picture is taken from the centre of the room thus is looks a tad smaller?

ReputationRep:
    How do the kitchen/room sizes compare between Eastwood and Westwood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRuser7482)
    I would guess that the wall facing the corridor in all these rooms isnt plastered and is just bare brick, and the picture is taken from the centre of the room thus is looks a tad smaller?
    Not necessarily all rooms as the first pic the bed is considerably bigger (to my eyes at least haha) and is at the back next to the window and radiator whilst in the third pic it was as you described. I personally prefer having the bed at the back since your ears aren't right next to the corridor lol

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily all rooms as the first pic the bed is considerably bigger (to my eyes at least haha) and is at the back next to the window and radiator whilst in the third pic it was as you described. I personally prefer having the bed at the back since your ears aren't right next to the corridor lol
    haha, after looking again I now see I was wrong in saying all rooms were like that. Ignore my reply earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Is the noise in norwood really that bad? and is it worth it for the extra social spaces, compared to westwood?

ReputationRep:
    Is the noise in norwood really that bad? and is it worth it for the extra social spaces, compared to westwood?
    I reckon the rooms are nicer so.. And let's face it we're gonna be out on the club nights

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.