The Student Room Group

What country has the best flag in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by User2072205
That's good and this is how it should be tbh. I'm also a human first before anything. However, some sort of identity is still important to me. I'm obviously a human first but this is a fact that I'm a Pakistani too lol. The idea of feeling ashamed or proud of your nation is not to make others feel bad. To me its more to do with patriotism which is crucial to me. However, according to me true patriotism is when you love your country so much that you criticise it when certain things are wrong in your country. Take Pakistan, for example, I certainly feel ashamed as a Pakistani to know that my government failed pretty badly to protect human rights, women's rights, children's rights, LGTB rights and many more. Hence, I believe a state should be secular.

Pakistan's flag does clearly show religion of Islam but the thoughts were still given to the minorities as I said before the green and white represents minorities in Pakistan. However, it is a shame that those representations aren't practical. Hence why as a Pakistani, I'm ashamed of this.

Then according to your definition of patriotism, Im highly patriotic for both praising and criticising nations though I dont personally feel that way..

Yeah that's a big un. LGBT and womens rights aren't so great... Pakistan is regressing which is quite scary. Let's say, what is kinda scary is say if I didn't lie on the Pakistani NADRA card, technically as soon as I land when my dad wants us to go there, technically I'd have to be put on trial and technically that could end in an execution (a "crime" that is not a crime at all in the west) so... you lie.

Also not happy about how they treat Qadianis tbh as well
Original post by Eternalflames
Wah wah, nice to see some love for your neighbours :biggrin:
Although, I like the Pakistan national anthem, so I love you back :h:

Haha I actually have some great Indian friends on tsr and you are CERTAINLY one of them so I love India of course.:h:
Original post by Indeterminate
Aww, likewise :h:

"love thy neighbour" etc etc

'Likewise' what?:flutter:

So my flag is your second best?:bhangra:

:blushing::blush:

'Likewise' what?:flutter:
So my flag is your second best?:bhangra:
:blushing::blush:

:yes:
Original post by The_Internet
Then according to your definition of patriotism, Im highly patriotic for both praising and criticising nations though I dont personally feel that way..

Yeah that's a big un. LGBT and womens rights aren't so great... Pakistan is regressing which is quite scary. Let's say, what is kinda scary is say if I didn't lie on the Pakistani NADRA card, technically as soon as I land when my dad wants us to go there, technically I'd have to be put on trial and technically that could end in an execution (a "crime" that is not a crime at all in the west) so... you lie.

Also not happy about how they treat Qadianis tbh as well

Yes, you are patriotic then haha :biggrin:

I know. Its a shame really. Not just Qadiayanis but also Shias, Chritians and Hindus etc. This is a REAL problem which MUST be dealt with asap. But nooo..Nawaz Sharif is busy making deals with Kuwait(I believe lol) which again does no good to Pakistani people but him.:colonhash:
Yes, you are patriotic then haha :biggrin:

I know. Its a shame really. Not just Qadiayanis but also Shias, Chritians and Hindus etc. This is a REAL problem which MUST be dealt with asap. But nooo..Nawaz Sharif is busy making deals with Kuwait(I believe lol) which again does no good to Pakistani people but him.:colonhash:

I dont feel patriotic tbh. I do like history, so I can generally put someone in their place if they start being racist or sexist or prejudiced ro whatever

According to Jinnah, Pakistan should have been a more..secular state any how.

"

In due course of time, Hindus will cease to be Hindus and Muslims will cease to be Muslims, not in a religious sense because that is the personal faith of an individual, but in a political sense as citizens of one state.

"

I can be quite fiscally conservative (And socially liberal), but that's neither tbh. He gets away with corruption, purely because it's Pakistan. It is true that other religious minorities are persecuted against, but it's practically law that Qadianis are persecuted against. It's not practically law that Hindus, Sikhs and Christians are.. I'm also not particularly fond of the relationship Pakistan does have with certain Arab nations
I don't have a favourite, but I don't really like the British flag. I think it's a bit boring. All it is is a few stripes in primary colours. And it doesn't represent Wales.

However, as a Yorkshire woman, I have to love the Yorkshire flag.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like the Argentina flag. It's got a sun in it :biggrin:

image.jpg
I dont feel patriotic tbh. I do like history, so I can generally put someone in their place if they start being racist or sexist or prejudiced ro whatever

According to Jinnah, Pakistan should have been a more..secular state any how.

"

In due course of time, Hindus will cease to be Hindus and Muslims will cease to be Muslims, not in a religious sense because that is the personal faith of an individual, but in a political sense as citizens of one state.

"

I can be quite fiscally conservative (And socially liberal), but that's neither tbh. He gets away with corruption, purely because it's Pakistan. It is true that other religious minorities are persecuted against, but it's practically law that Qadianis are persecuted against. It's not practically law that Hindus, Sikhs and Christians are.. I'm also not particularly fond of the relationship Pakistan does have with certain Arab nations

Haha that's good.

Jinnah was one GREAT man. I LOVE Jinnah! Sad and truly heartbreaking to see that his GREAT vision for Pakistan is no where to be found in Pakistan now. It seriously makes me go super sad. :frown:

And yes that's true. Its just shameful tbh. I hate the fact that Pakistan has a good relationship with Saudi. I mean, no.:colonhash:
Haha that's good.

Jinnah was one GREAT man. Sad and truly heartbreaking to see that his GREAT vision for Pakistan is no where to be found in Pakistan now. It seriously makes go super sad. :frown:

And yes that's true. Its just shameful tbh. I hate the fact that Pakistan has a good relationship with Saudi. I mean, no.:colonhash:

I think that tbh a lot of issues arose from the fact that he kinda died one year after making Pakistan, which let it get a little..hijacked
Saudi Arabia is turning a traditionally Sufi nation, in to Salafists.. That's kinda scary
Original post by aamirac
I like the Argentina flag. It's got a sun in it :biggrin:

image.jpg

Uruguay's has as well, they are very similar.

I like both flags :cool:
I think that tbh a lot of issues arose from the fact that he kinda died one year after making Pakistan, which let it get a little..hijacked
Saudi Arabia is turning a traditionally Sufi nation, in to Salafists.. That's kinda scary

Omg I'm sad now. :frown: Jinnah :frown:

And yes I agree with the hijacked part.

Its certainly is scary, especially for the human rights.
Albania
Omg I'm sad now. :frown: Jinnah :frown:

And yes I agree with the hijacked part.

Its certainly is scary, especially for the human rights.

Sorry. Was not my intention. I quite admire the guy... There's been certain socilally conservative presidents in the past too.. some who have been backed by the west too

And yeah that's pretty much it. Id hate for Pakistan to have the same laws as Saudi Arabia has atm, where they kill you for speaking out
Sorry. Was not my intention. I quite admire the guy... There's been certain socilally conservative presidents in the past too.. some who have been backed by the west too

And yeah that's pretty much it. Id hate for Pakistan to have the same laws as Saudi Arabia has atm, where they kill you for speaking out

Its okay. No worries. :smile:

Yes that's true and tbh Zardari was one of them and General Zia too.

Yes! I know Pakistan has A LOT to work on but being friends with Saudi government would only increase the risk of violation of more human rights, freedom of the press and what not!
Its okay. No worries. :smile:

Yes that's true and tbh Zardari was one of them and General Zia too.

Yes! I know Pakistan has A LOT to work on but being friends with Saudi government would only increase the risk of violation of more human rights, freedom of the press and what not!

Certainly Zia was one. He even looks pretty much like a cartoon evil guy...

The only real saving grace is that they're a commonwealth nation and that can have repercussions, but hey the UK made the KSA the head of the human rights commission.. so that's kinda gone. The other saving grace is that Pakistan cares a lot about money and reputation. It's reputation abroad is getting ruined because of it's relationships
Certainly Zia was one. He even looks pretty much like a cartoon evil guy...

The only real saving grace is that they're a commonwealth nation and that can have repercussions, but hey the UK made the KSA the head of the human rights commission.. so that's kinda gone. The other saving grace is that Pakistan cares a lot about money and reputation. It's reputation abroad is getting ruined because of it's relationships

Not a big fan of Zia and his past governance, or rather dictatorship I should say.

Lol yes agreed. Pakistan's foreign policies have been extremely illogical and harmful. Shame.
Not a big fan of Zia and his past governance, or rather dictatorship I should say.

Lol yes agreed. Pakistan's foreign policies have been extremely illogical and harmful. Shame.

Yes Pakistan has had a dictatorship in the past and it still operates like that in some ways...
I find that Pakistan does have pockets of liberalism in places (like REALLY liberal), but at the same time it appeases the hardliners, or what we'd call "the far right" in the UK
Reply 157
Macedonia
Original post by BasharAssad
I'm reporting you on suspicion of supporting terrorists.

your punishment is reserved for the afterlife.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I honestly think the UK does. Beautiful flag tbh.

There's too much red and blue in it.

Quick Reply

Latest