Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you put on the online form if you're still doing the work experience/volunteering? I've tried to put Present in the box but it won't let me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anaMed17w)
    What do you put on the online form if you're still doing the work experience/volunteering? I've tried to put Present in the box but it won't let me.
    I'm in the same boat, so you're not the only one! I'm going to send my form off as late as possible, put the end date as the day I send it off (probably 30/10) and say in the comments section that it is still ongoing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salllllllly)
    Also guys, someone reminded me that I have been babysitting for almost a year and could include that for the caring section on the NAF.. would this be okay do you guys think as long as I reflected on it and applied why the skills would be useful for me as a doctor?
    That should be more than fine tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dkfalling)
    I'm in the same boat, so you're not the only one! I'm going to send my form off as late as possible, put the end date as the day I send it off (probably 30/10) and say in the comments section that it is still ongoing.
    Yeah I just put present in capital letters and it allowed it. But i guess that's ok too. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you volunteered somewhere during the entire summer would that be regarded as a one off because you haven't done it more than once ?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone happen to know how much emphasis is put on learning anatomy, dissection etc in Manchester?
    I've heard that Liverpool have one of the lowest rates of students passing surgical exams or something, any idea of Manchester's rate?
    Also does Manchester allow intercalation on degrees such as or related to anatomy and surgery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayasparkles)
    If you volunteered somewhere during the entire summer would that be regarded as a one off because you haven't done it more than once ?
    I guess it might be ok because you did it for about 2 months and not just like a week. You could always contact admissions just to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiKabz007)
    Does anyone happen to know how much emphasis is put on learning anatomy, dissection etc in Manchester?
    I've heard that Liverpool have one of the lowest rates of students passing surgical exams or something, any idea of Manchester's rate?
    Also does Manchester allow intercalation on degrees such as or related to anatomy and surgery?
    Hey I just started at Manchester last month. Anatomy is taught through the use of dissections and looking at cadavers and prosections. This literally starts in the first week. Which is really good. You have a two hour weekly session with a demonstrator and the anatomy is related to your pbl group. It's pretty important and useful that you learn the anatomy along with the case to get a better overview of everything.

You can pretty much intercalate in anything. If the course you want to do is not offered at Manchester you can also intercalate elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone started preparing for interviews and does anyone know when Manchester do their interviews ( not when they give out the applications, when do they actually do them) thanks

ReputationRep:
    any ideas of my prospects for interview?

A level predictions A*AA

GCSE 5A*s 3As 1B

UKCAT 713 Band 1

+ 2 weeks hospital work experience and lots of volunteering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    any ideas of my prospects for interview?

A level predictions A*AA

GCSE 5A*s 3As 1B

UKCAT 713 Band 1

+ 2 weeks hospital work experience and lots of volunteering
    Very high chance your UKCAT meet the cut off. As long as your online form is relatively good then you are very very likely to have an interview well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Very high chance your UKCAT meet the cut off. As long as your online form is relatively good then you are very very likely to have an interview well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!! Still need to do the form. where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    Thanks!! Still need to do the form. where have you applied?
    I still need to do the form as well 😂 Liverpool, St George's and Plymouth. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit silly but could tutoring count as a caring role?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it as you would not need empathy to tutor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medicapplicant)
    Hey has anyone started preparing for interviews and does anyone know when Manchester do their interviews ( not when they give out the applications, when do they actually do them) thanks
    First two or three weeks in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if there is a Facebook page for us or should I make one

ReputationRep:
    I still need to do the form as well 😂 Liverpool, St George's and Plymouth. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why can't they just look at our ps 🙄 Nice, do you live near any of them.

Leicester Kings and UCL.
    How was your UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    Why can't they just look at our ps 🙄 Nice, do you live near any of them.

Leicester Kings and UCL.
    How was your UKCAT?
    I live near Manchester and Liverpool but plymouth and London are ages away 😂😂 I know I'd rather them take my PS any day because I'm just worried about this form especially because I'm doing it all on my own (school holiday for me rn currently). I got 667 band 1 so not amazingly high but hopefully it'll just meet the cut off, what about you? And I'm guessing you either live in London or want to live there? 😂 Kings looks amazing though I wish I was good enough to apply there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live near Manchester and Liverpool but plymouth and London are ages away 😂😂 I know I'd rather them take my PS any day because I'm just worried about this form especially because I'm doing it all on my own (school holiday for me rn currently). I got 667 band 1 so not amazingly high but hopefully it'll just meet the cut off, what about you? And I'm guessing you either live in London or want to live there? 😂 Kings looks amazing though I wish I was good enough to apply there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's the Manchester area like? I couldn't go to the open day but people were saying that the campus is amazing but there are lots of dodgy areas in town. No you did so well 👏🏽 be proud of yourself. I got 713 and band 1 hence why I'm applying to Kings and only 1 bmat uni. Yeah I live in London 😂 Everything's so expensive here tho 😭

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.