• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Student403)
    You're doing great :yep:

Has this been affecting your class performance in any way?

I was talking to a friend today because hanging around the academic forums has really been improving mine. People on here are truly awesome
    I've not really had any tests recently to judge it by because of coursework, but it feels like I'm doing a lot more work and being more productive

It is a great community to encourage people in :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    I've not really had any tests recently to judge it by because of coursework, but it feels like I'm doing a lot more work and being more productive

It is a great community to encourage people in :yep:
    Well that sounds like improvement to me
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Update 15/03/2016

I haven't had back my History essay yet, but I was talking to my teacher today and she said it was good! I also did an extra lesson of History to revise for Russia today in one of my frees, and planned lots of essays with the teacher - it was really helpful. Yesterday I also handed in another draft of my English Language Investigation coursework! For once though, I don't think I actually have any new photos to show you!! :eek2:

I hope you're all doing well

~Gingerbread~
    Oooh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Update 15/03/2016

I haven't had back my History essay yet, but I was talking to my teacher today and she said it was good! I also did an extra lesson of History to revise for Russia today in one of my frees, and planned lots of essays with the teacher - it was really helpful. Yesterday I also handed in another draft of my English Language Investigation coursework! For once though, I don't think I actually have any new photos to show you!! :eek2:

I hope you're all doing well

~Gingerbread~
    Hi there. THanks for the update.

I'm glad she thought it was good . Mhmm, essay planning help is cool. I'm worried about my Bio 5 ones when I come to it :/. Were there many amendments to this draft? Awww, pics next time plz.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Hi there. THanks for the update.

I'm glad she thought it was good . Mhmm, essay planning help is cool. I'm worried about my Bio 5 ones when I come to it :/. Were there many amendments to this draft? Awww, pics next time plz.
    I haven't got the draft back again yet so I don't know if there's any more to do
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Update 25/03/2016

Wow, I didn't realise how long it had been since my last update! I'll go over subject by subject what's been happening:
    History - I've got back a draft of my personal study and my teacher said it was really good, it just needed neatening up a bit and cutting down the word count. The word limit is 2000 but when I handed it in it was on 2571! I've been working on it today and have managed to get it down to 2234 words though, which I'm really pleased with. I also did an essay for Russia revision, which my teacher marked before we broke up for Easter yesterday - she didn't give me a grade so I wouldn't get caught up on just looking at grades, but she said it was good and gave me some really good points to work on for the next one.
    English Literature - I'm just about to hand in my final draft for my coursework, it essentially has full marks but my teacher wants me to have one final look over Easter for mistakes and places where my wording could be better. In terms of revision, our other teacher showed us how to do some quote cards that I'll show you below!
    English Language - We got back a marked and graded copy of our coursework for improvement, and at the minute I'm on a C (one mark off a B), but my teacher said that the marks at this stage are very easy to pick up, and I'm going to be editing that later today. My media piece is coming along nicely but I haven't had any feedback from my teacher so I don't really know how to improve that over Easter, but I'll give it a go...
    In other news, I visited Durham for the Post Offer Visit Day on Tuesday and Wednesday to look at my college (Hild Bede) and have a talk and example lecture! It was really good and now I'm really motivated to try and get the grades to get there!
    Learning quotes
    Name:  IMG_20160325_174134.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  287.3 KB
    • On one side of the flash card, I write the quote so I can test myself on it either way around
    • On the other side I write notes about how I'd refer to each poem in terms of each assessment objective
    • This way I can test my memory of the quotes or my memory of the analysis!
    Have you guys started revising?

~Gingerbread~
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Update 25/03/2016

Wow, I didn't realise how long it had been since my last update! I'll go over subject by subject what's been happening:
    History - I've got back a draft of my personal study and my teacher said it was really good, it just needed neatening up a bit and cutting down the word count. The word limit is 2000 but when I handed it in it was on 2571! I've been working on it today and have managed to get it down to 2234 words though, which I'm really pleased with. I also did an essay for Russia revision, which my teacher marked before we broke up for Easter yesterday - she didn't give me a grade so I wouldn't get caught up on just looking at grades, but she said it was good and gave me some really good points to work on for the next one.
    English Literature - I'm just about to hand in my final draft for my coursework, it essentially has full marks but my teacher wants me to have one final look over Easter for mistakes and places where my wording could be better. In terms of revision, our other teacher showed us how to do some quote cards that I'll show you below!
    English Language - We got back a marked and graded copy of our coursework for improvement, and at the minute I'm on a C (one mark off a B), but my teacher said that the marks at this stage are very easy to pick up, and I'm going to be editing that later today. My media piece is coming along nicely but I haven't had any feedback from my teacher so I don't really know how to improve that over Easter, but I'll give it a go...
    In other news, I visited Durham for the Post Offer Visit Day on Tuesday and Wednesday to look at my college (Hild Bede) and have a talk and example lecture! It was really good and now I'm really motivated to try and get the grades to get there!
    Learning quotes
    Name:  IMG_20160325_174134.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  287.3 KB
    • On one side of the flash card, I write the quote so I can test myself on it either way around
    • On the other side I write notes about how I'd refer to each poem in terms of each assessment objective
    • This way I can test my memory of the quotes or my memory of the analysis!
    Have you guys started revising?

~Gingerbread~
    Awwhh good on you gingerbread! good luck with ur history essay :hugs: and i'm sure you will get what you want for english xx awwhhh and ur revision cards are so cute
    have started revising, been doing alot for mocks last week. Not doing anything this weekend but will start again once we break up, for the real things plus lots of art to do over the holidays
    i take it you have started? judging by ur awesome cards :gah: x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Awwhh good on you gingerbread! good luck with ur history essay :hugs: and i'm sure you will get what you want for english xx awwhhh and ur revision cards are so cute
    have started revising, been doing alot for mocks last week. Not doing anything this weekend but will start again once we break up, for the real things plus lots of art to do over the holidays
    i take it you have started? judging by ur awesome cards :gah: x
    Thanks doll

How do you think your mocks went? :eek: Good idea having a break this weekend - my grandparents are over for the first half of next week then I'm having a sleepover for my birthday, so I can't do much next week so need to work this weekend :emo: How's the art going? :excited:

I've been so caught up with coursework that I haven't been able to do any serious revision, but I should start doing a lot this Easter
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Thanks doll

How do you think your mocks went? :eek: Good idea having a break this weekend - my grandparents are over for the first half of next week then I'm having a sleepover for my birthday, so I can't do much next week so need to work this weekend :emo: How's the art going? :excited:

I've been so caught up with coursework that I haven't been able to do any serious revision, but I should start doing a lot this Easter
    awww you are too cute
    well i don't want to jinx it but i felt like they went good i think you can usually tel with history if you have screwed up cos ur answer sounds vague dk if you agree? yeah i never have breaks tbh but just gonna have some calm before the revision storm :yes: are you off this week? awwwwwwww Happy Birthday :ahee: will you be nineteen? :ninja: and yeah that makes sense :yes: it is going well tbh cos got complimented by the yr13s and nearly melted :getmecoat:
    awhhhhhh good! yeah but Cw is just as importnat as revision :hugs: and yes, smash it :ahee: x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    awww you are too cute
    well i don't want to jinx it but i felt like they went good i think you can usually tel with history if you have screwed up cos ur answer sounds vague dk if you agree? yeah i never have breaks tbh but just gonna have some calm before the revision storm :yes: are you off this week? awwwwwwww Happy Birthday :ahee: will you be nineteen? :ninja: and yeah that makes sense :yes: it is going well tbh cos got complimented by the yr13s and nearly melted :getmecoat:
    awhhhhhh good! yeah but Cw is just as importnat as revision :hugs: and yes, smash it :ahee: x
    That's good Yeah I agree, you can never be 100% if they've gone well but I think you generally know if they've gone badly

Yep, we're off for the next two weeks for Easter, and it's my birthday on Thursday (18th ) x
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    That's good Yeah I agree, you can never be 100% if they've gone well but I think you generally know if they've gone badly

Yep, we're off for the next two weeks for Easter, and it's my birthday on Thursday (18th ) x
    aww ty yeah well i'll find out on tuesday :afraid: xx
    rlly? wow, seems like everyone is :rofl: awhhhhhhhhh *saves to memory* watch this space ok and happy birthday :woo: x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    aww ty yeah well i'll find out on tuesday :afraid: xx
    rlly? wow, seems like everyone is :rofl: awhhhhhhhhh *saves to memory* watch this space ok and happy birthday :woo: x
    Are you not on holiday for Easter? :eek2: thanks
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Are you not on holiday for Easter? :eek2: thanks
    Nope :emo: we have a 4 day week next week and then we are off :rofl: tis the most illogical thing :toofunny:
    and np
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Nope :emo: we have a 4 day week next week and then we are off :rofl: tis the most illogical thing :toofunny:
    and np
    But you'll miss Easter :lol:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    But you'll miss Easter :lol:
    lol ik :lol:
    wait is easter on monday? or is it sunday? :hmmmm: we are off on monday but then we just go back to school :rofl:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    lol ik :lol:
    wait is easter on monday? or is it sunday? :hmmmm: we are off on monday but then we just go back to school :rofl:
    Well this week was Holy Week, with today being Good Friday and Easter week starts on Sunday (Easter Sunday) and then there's Easter Monday which is a bank holiday but Easter doesn't technically end until Pentecost (which is next Sunday) :awesome:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Well this week was Holy Week, with today being Good Friday and Easter week starts on Sunday (Easter Sunday) and then there's Easter Monday which is a bank holiday but Easter doesn't technically end until Pentecost (which is next Sunday) :awesome:
    Wow :eek: how on earth do you know all that? :adore: ty, genuinly forgot when it was got im not that fussed about it tbh
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Wow :eek: how on earth do you know all that? :adore: ty, genuinly forgot when it was got im not that fussed about it tbh
    I'm a Christian :yep:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'm a Christian :yep:
    awwwwwwwww :jumphug: well then, happy easter
    awh that is so cute :cute: x
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    awwwwwwwww :jumphug: well then, happy easter
    awh that is so cute :cute: x
    Thanks Happy Easter

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.