The Student Room Group

Anyone here watch Marvel/DC shows?!

Scroll to see replies

Up to date with Agents of Shield, Flash, Arrow, in the process of watching Daredevil (S2), watched S1 of Gotham (waiting for S2 to finish so I can binge watch), started S2 of Agent Carter but took a break as I'm watching too many shows, same reason I stopped Legends of tomorrow (and the fact that it's not all that).

I'm planning on watching Supergirl since there will be a crossover with Flash if I'm not mistaken. If I get time I'll probably start Jessica jones too.

So that's me, there are probably some I haven't mentioned but I'm watching waaaaay to many tv shows at the moment (Vikings, TWD, The 100, How to get away with Murder just to name a few on top of the ones I mentioned already).
Anyone watch The Flash? I actually love Grant Gustin
Original post by Optimum_
Up to date with Agents of Shield, Flash, Arrow, in the process of watching Daredevil (S2), watched S1 of Gotham (waiting for S2 to finish so I can binge watch), started S2 of Agent Carter but took a break as I'm watching too many shows, same reason I stopped Legends of tomorrow (and the fact that it's not all that).

I'm planning on watching Supergirl since there will be a crossover with Flash if I'm not mistaken. If I get time I'll probably start Jessica jones too.

So that's me, there are probably some I haven't mentioned but I'm watching waaaaay to many tv shows at the moment (Vikings, TWD, The 100, How to get away with Murder just to name a few on top of the ones I mentioned already).

HTGAWM is sooooooo gooooood
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
HTGAWM is sooooooo gooooood

One of the best shows around right now.
I'm just wrapping up on the Supergirl/Flash crossover....Jesus what a train wreck. Barry was literally the only good thing about the episode
I managed to not be aware of Arrow until after it had been airing a while (I do have S1&2 on blu ray to watch though) and never gave The flash a chance and that got a good reaction too.

As such I decided to give Legends of tomorrow a chance as I haven't kept up with a show as it airs for a while. Watched the pilot episodes and two more and I'm still unsure. The Hawks seem pretty naff actors, the big bad is blandy mcbland and I can't decide if I hate or love Miller/Purcell's overacting.

Of course I'm not a big Marvel/DC chap outside of the films.
Original post by alexschmalex
I'm just wrapping up on the Supergirl/Flash crossover....Jesus what a train wreck. Barry was literally the only good thing about the episode

What exactly about it did you not like!
Lol I don't think Supergirl is worth watching and so far it's been difficult for people to prove me otherwise! I'm still not sure about Legends though as I haven't seen very great critics reviews. Like Supergirl, it seems to be lacking depth plot-wise. I don't really see Supergirl getting renewed to be honey. Such a shame because I think it could have been a great success, but just looking at the trailer...well, not so much I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I watch Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Supergirl, Jessica Jones, Daredevil (stopped mid season 1 admittedly - too graphic / the head bashing etc :redface:)

I think Agent Carter is definitely a hidden gem. It's really good and it doesn't take itself too seriously so it can be cheesy, but because it's tone isn't so serious in the first place, it's excellent. Legends of Tomorrow, however, although interesting takes itself too seriously but comes off cheesy as with Arrow sometimes :colondollar:. If John Diggles mentions Afghanistan again... Good lord! :tongue: I like Arrow, but the two best actors are by far Green Arrow himself and Felicity Smoak.

Flash is excellent and the entire cast is great! It doesn't take itself as seriously as Arrow and has the right balance (while being cheesy here and there).

I like the dark/light contrast with Arrow and Flash and then different themes/villains etc. But, sometimes, I can't help but feel that Arrow is poor man's Batman and I know I've used the word a lot, but every other character apart from Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak and waaaay too cheesy.

I actually don't mind Supergirl contrary to a lot of the criticism it receives. Apart from Supergirl and Cat Grant, everyone else has much to be desired (in terms of acting), but it's light-hearted fun so I like it! :smile:

Agents of Shield season 1 was absolutely amazing, there's no denying that. I think season 2 was actually quite good, too. But, season 1 was just sooo good.

Jessica Jones goes without saying really. Total badass.
Original post by frognation22
What exactly about it did you not like!
Lol I don't think Supergirl is worth watching and so far it's been difficult for people to prove me otherwise! I'm still not sure about Legends though as I haven't seen very great critics reviews. Like Supergirl, it seems to be lacking depth plot-wise. I don't really see Supergirl getting renewed to be honey. Such a shame because I think it could have been a great success, but just looking at the trailer...well, not so much I guess!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to get past the first couple of episodes of Supergirl (they are a bit cringey). From around episode 6 onwards it really begins to pick up and with its recent episodes, quite frankly, it's better than Arrow/The Felicity Show and Legends of Tomorrow right now, almost on par with the Flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SkyJP
You need to get past the first couple of episodes of Supergirl (they are a bit cringey). From around episode 6 onwards it really begins to pick up and with its recent episodes, quite frankly, it's better than Arrow/The Felicity Show and Legends of Tomorrow right now, almost on par with the Flash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh Really?! I should try it out hm. I absolutely love Arrow and Flash so every time I start a new show I always end up comparing that new show with Arrow/Flash lol!
I watch Arrow, The Flash, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Gotham, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Daredevil and Jessica Jones.
Arrow used to be my best but it went downhill from season 3. Felicity was also my best character in the show before all this Olicity nonsense started. I love The Flash more now. Supergirl is the worst.
Original post by muf_mur
I watch Arrow, The Flash, DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, Gotham, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Daredevil and Jessica Jones.
Arrow used to be my best but it went downhill from season 3. Felicity was also my best character in the show before all this Olicity nonsense started. I love The Flash more now. Supergirl is the worst.

You took the words straight out of my mouth :cheers:...or should I say keyboard?
I watch Gotham, Flash, AoS, LoT and daredevil.

I used to watch Felicity and Friends (arrow), but have finally had enough of it.
Reply 153
Basically watch most, if not all, the shows everyone here watches,
Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Gotham, Agents of Shield, Arrow, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Legends of Tomorrow.
Arrow use to be quite good but went downhill once they decided to to all that Olicity ********. All the others are alright. That Flash and super girl crossover was pretty cool.

BTW anyone else looking forward to Luke Cage on 23rd of Sep? :biggrin:
Original post by frognation22
Ooh Really?! I should try it out hm. I absolutely love Arrow and Flash so every time I start a new show I always end up comparing that new show with Arrow/Flash lol!

Hahaha I do that too!! LOVE arrow but when I started watching DD i couldn't stop comparing it :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, Daredevil is my favourite. I've watch The Flash too, which is pretty good and used to watch Arrow. That was until it became the train wreck that is the Olicity Show.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ro97
Basically watch most, if not all, the shows everyone here watches,
Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Gotham, Agents of Shield, Arrow, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Legends of Tomorrow.
Arrow use to be quite good but went downhill once they decided to to all that Olicity ********. All the others are alright. That Flash and super girl crossover was pretty cool.

BTW anyone else looking forward to Luke Cage on 23rd of Sep? :biggrin:

I thought that the Flash/Supergirl cross over was funny but felt forced. There was so much momentum after the previous episodes, now Supergirl just acted as if everything was fine, and there was very little development.

That episode would've been a lot better if they didn't bring the Flash in and continue the plot from the previous episode.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Flash/Supergirl crossover sucked. I actually fell asleep during that episode it was so cringey.
Original post by muf_mur
The Flash/Supergirl crossover sucked. I actually fell asleep during that episode it was so cringey.

I liked Barry and Kara's chemistry but the villains were naff this episode, and the Jimmy Olsen drama was so awful. This crossover was actually to promote Supergirl to fans of the Flash, so they SHOULD NOT have included that pointless relationship drama that people on the Flash would not care about, at all.

Also the Flash did *** all in terms of fighting that episode, the only useful thing he did was get Ice Cream
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
Anyone watch The Flash? I actually love Grant Gustin

Same here I'm up to date with The Flash so far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending