Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was confused on the question talking about three computer wanting to connect to the internet. Was it talking about what was needed for a computer to connect to the internet or what is needed to connect the computers to each other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscodisco;[url="tel:65769007")
    65769007[/url]]Both advantages and disadvantages for individuals and society.
    damn, i messed up😭 how many marks could i get for only talking about disadvantages to society & individuals in detail?

ReputationRep:
    June 2015 Grade Boundaries are below; these grade boundaries where similar to 2014, and so 2016 should be similar to 2015, especially since this is the last year of teaching for this spec, new teaching spec starts September 2016.

Info 1 (Paper 1) Out of 80 Marks.
    A - 54 - 67.5%
    B - 49 - 61.25%
    C - 44 - 55%
    D - 40 -50%
    E - 36 - 45%

Info 2 (Paper 2) Out of 80 Marks.
    A - 54 - 67.5%
    B - 48 - 50%
    C - 42 - 52.5%
    D - 36 - 45%
    E - 31 - 38.75%

June 2015: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2015.PDF
    June 2014: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2014.PDF

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GliderPilotSam)
    I was confused on the question talking about three computer wanting to connect to the internet. Was it talking about what was needed for a computer to connect to the internet or what is needed to connect the computers to each other?
    What was needed for the 3 computers all to connect to the internet.
    I put that a broadband subscription would be required from an Internet Service Provide (SKY/BT etc.) and they will provide a router which is also a hub and a switch as well, this is connected to the internet via the telephone connection,
    and the computers can either connect to the router via wired ethernet, built in WiFi, or if they're older models, a USB dongle can be inserted and then connected to the internet via WiFi.

Then there was another question that said besides connecting to the internet, what are other benefits?
    I put that wired printers can be connected to the router and so the computers can print wirelessly once connected to the router; as well as sharing photos/documents between each computer when connected to the router.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggiedavies)
    What was needed for the 3 computers all to connect to the internet.
    I put that a broadband subscription would be required from an Internet Service Provide (SKY/BT etc.) and they will provide a router which is also a hub and a switch as well, this is connected to the internet via the telephone connection,
    and the computers can either connect to the router via wired ethernet, built in WiFi, or if they're older models, a USB dongle can be inserted and then connected to the internet via WiFi.

Then there was another question that said besides connecting to the internet, what are other benefits?
    I put that wired printers can be connected to the router and so the computers can print wirelessly once connected to the router; as well as sharing photos/documents between each computer when connected to the router.

Hope this helps!
    Oh thank god for that! I wrote what you have just mentioned. That's such a relief. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggiedavies)
    June 2015 Grade Boundaries are below; these grade boundaries where similar to 2014, and so 2016 should be similar to 2015, especially since this is the last year of teaching for this spec, new teaching spec starts September 2016.

Info 1 (Paper 1) Out of 80 Marks.
    A - 54 - 67.5%
    B - 49 - 61.25%
    C - 44 - 55%
    D - 40 -50%
    E - 36 - 45%

Info 2 (Paper 2) Out of 80 Marks.
    A - 54 - 67.5%
    B - 48 - 50%
    C - 42 - 52.5%
    D - 36 - 45%
    E - 31 - 38.75%

June 2015: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2015.PDF
    June 2014: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2014.PDF

Hope this helps!
    Added to original post - thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    I am positive for the 20 marker you only needed to speak about disadvantages since it said talk about the consequences

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys say for the help/support question? I said on-screen help, existing user base, telephone help desk, online forums and user manual.

ReputationRep:
    So I found that paper...quite easy?! It was rather good! I wasn't expecting a define question, but hey we got one! Rather straight forward paper, Grade Boundaries previously mentioned will be what I reckon we will go by. I am expecting around 62+/80 it was rather good. The 3 computers one was weird, but I spoke about Backup and recovery, using LAN, audit trail software antivirus and more.

The essay question was a blessing! My intro was on the increase of IT meaning advancements in technology, and the birth of social media to the death of human interaction. How we look at our screens rather than each other, yes it brings communication but at costs. Spoke about DDOS hacking bullying online, more disadvantages but I also did a paragraph on advantages too. The conclusion was my personal opinion.

The smart-wear one was weird, I found that rather absurd. Overall it was a straightforward paper, but easy to loose marks if you dont read it carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Guys what did you write in the question about characteristics and requirements of users for both smartwatches and smartclothes? I was confused, I wrote about : age, experience, physical characteristics, task to be undertaken with reference to the article)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evelyn070)
    Guys what did you write in the question about characteristics and requirements of users for both smartwatches and smartclothes? I was confused, I wrote about : age, experience, physical characteristics, task to be undertaken with reference to the article)
    Pretty much the same, talked about characterstics of age ,task to be undertaken, physical health, experience ,environment. For requirements I spoke about material of clothing to whatever sport it was. More stuff Ive forgotten tho xD

It was an odd question ngl thats the only one I didnt like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahesh114)
    Pretty much the same, talked about characterstics of age ,task to be undertaken, physical health, experience ,environment. For requirements I spoke about material of clothing to whatever sport it was. More stuff Ive forgotten tho xD

It was an odd question ngl thats the only one I didnt like.
    Yeah, I didnt like this one too. To talk about requirements was confusing though. Hopefully, we're gonna get a good grade) Also, what did you write in the question about how to connect computer to the internet and what other benefits or smth like that? I wrote about router, ISP and cables but i accidentally mentioned peer to peer network in both questions , I wrote that they can share files and peripherals, i dunno why I said that but i was just rushing to finish everything on time Btw are u gonna do info 3 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I didnt like this one too. To talk about requirements was confusing though. Hopefully, we're gonna get a good grade) Also, what did you write in the question about how to connect computer to the internet and what other benefits or smth like that? I wrote about router, ISP and cables but i accidentally mentioned peer to peer network in both questions , I wrote that they can share files and peripherals, i dunno why I said that but i was just rushing to finish everything on time Btw are u gonna do info 3 exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For the computer one I said about setting up router and cables (forgot ISP xD) then setting a LAN in which they can share printers (other peripherals) and share data, its better than using USBs or HDDs. THen spoke on backup and recovery being easier (expanded on that), NIC should be present. I wrote more benefits, then when i read the next part it was the benefits xD SO I just rewrote and added more.

Im doing A2s this year, I picked up ICT as an extra AS , ill continue A2 ICT next year (ill be a year behind but I didnt apply for uni, want to get this done). INFO 3 is next week right?

ReputationRep:
    For the smart watch one i wrote bout characteristics of users nd quality if information sinde it said user requirements so output should be accurate etc also consider age etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahesh114)
    For the computer one I said about setting up router and cables (forgot ISP xD) then setting a LAN in which they can share printers (other peripherals) and share data, its better than using USBs or HDDs. THen spoke on backup and recovery being easier (expanded on that), NIC should be present. I wrote more benefits, then when i read the next part it was the benefits xD SO I just rewrote and added more.

Im doing A2s this year, I picked up ICT as an extra AS , ill continue A2 ICT next year (ill be a year behind but I didnt apply for uni, want to get this done). INFO 3 is next week right?
    Similar to my answer, hopefully everything gonna be fine. However, I did not write about backup and recovery( I am just so stressed as I am resiting AS because last year I had an awful teacher who did not explain anything to me and I just revised everything by myself and therefore failed. I did not know how to distribute marks and answer questions correctly :P So you are gonna be doing ICT A2 next year and thats all? or other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    U mans for the question about connecting to the internet u would not need a back up lol also i said u need a browser to access the world wide web router nic and network management software to get the 8 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tricksy13)
    U mans for the question about connecting to the internet u would not need a back up lol also i said u need a browser to access the world wide web router nic and network management software to get the 8 marks
    yeah i said the same but havent said abour network management software

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tricksy13)
    I said all that INCLUDING Backup and Recovery, good shout on the Browser though. I didnt say Network Manager Software, but I should still get 5-6/8 for that one.

ReputationRep:
    Similar to my answer, hopefully everything gonna be fine. However, I did not write about backup and recovery( I am just so stressed as I am resiting AS because last year I had an awful teacher who did not explain anything to me and I just revised everything by myself and therefore failed. I did not know how to distribute marks and answer questions correctly :P So you are gonna be doing ICT A2 next year and thats all? or other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At the moment im doing A2 English Literature A2 mathematics (resitting S1 for AS mathematics), AS ICT, I did the EPQ (thats a full A level) and I also did Chemistry.
    Next year itll be A2 ICT.

ReputationRep:
    A consequence is an effect of something be it negative or positive. For example in the june 2011 info 2 paper question 5c there was a question on consequences of playing computer games on individuals and society and the mark scheme answer has both postives and negatives :

http://computing.beauchamps.essex.sc...e_jun_2011.pdf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.