Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The ordinary girl with the extraordinary dreams. Watch

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    I know! Still haven't found it, I just like too much music! And yes I am a fellow musician, become slightly rusty since GCSE's/A Levels have taken over my life. I love Classical music, it helps me revise, I literally played Mozart and Beethoven for three hours whilst I revised for an exam two weeks ago and there is a great classical music album on Spotify for studying.
    GCSE music gave me some good memories, I'm quite sad not to do it next year :sad: One thing though, it's stressful, especially when I do my graded exams...but still I'm so happy to be able play the piano!

Lol, I have like a 5 hour classical music playlist saved :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by mariam687)
    amazing! keep it up girll
    Well since you put it in that way, I can't say no!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    GCSE music gave me some good memories, I'm quite sad not to do it next year :sad: One thing though, it's stressful, especially when I do my graded exams...but still I'm so happy to be able play the piano!

Lol, I have like a 5 hour classical music playlist saved :lol:
    Atleast you didn't drop GCSE music, I actually did since the teacher was extremely weird :lolwut: and I just couldn't stand my class, I might do my exams once I have spare time and learnt a lot of what I've missed! The piano is amazing, haven't played it in ages as my sister used my keyboard for a fight with my other sister and it broke. :sad:

Yes, so you should! it's my motivation and the thing that gets me going for revision, when the violin enters my ears, I just feel like I need to revise and I become smarter! :laugh:

Music and Me: Our Journey through life together

I only pray you'll never leave me behind (never leave me). Because good music can be so hard to find (so hard to find). My heart's a stereo. It beats for you, so listen close.

All future blog posts are in spoiler blocks to make it easier.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Music, for me is one of the reasons I am living today. It may seem weird, strange or even bizarre that I could even say that music is the reason I am not dead, but people often overlook how important it is to me. I remember having influences such as Michael Jackson and Prince being favourites in my household, as well as Bollywood music and so I had a great musical upbringing that often involved other cultures.

Several family members of mine sang and since I was a young girl, singing was often my passion. Growing up, I remember listening to S Club 7, Steps, Spice Girls, Destiny’s Child and a lot of the 2000s’ artists that we all love and remember still to this day. Music let me escape my childhood and problems, sometimes I depicted traits of a personality disorder, pretending I was a celebrity and every night I’d go to bed, I’d be her and I’d leave myself behind.

Whilst it never consumed me, I became disorientated in life and I lost track of who I was. Thankfully, I've sought help for this and it’s getting better. Writing songs has always come natural to me, as well as singing, I play instruments; the guitar, drums, keyboard, ukulele, ocarina,flute, the triangle (no judging! :laugh: ) and xylophone and so writing songs accompanies my musical talents. I usually write songs related to personal experiences, sometimes love but usually it’s the battles in my life that influence me immensely.

A lot of my musical tastes has changed over the years, I like all kinds of music but I always hold pop/rock, indie music/alternative and hip hop in my heart. I love 90’s music such as Fatboy Slim as my love for house music is just *sigh* :love: and early 2000’s music too. My favourite bands are Years & Years, the 1975, Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots (their lyrics reflect my life and mood and have helped me out in rough times), Foster The People, The Kooks, PVRIS, DNCE and many more. For artists, I usually listen to Daya, Alessia Cara, Zara Larsson, Melanie Martinez, Marina and The Diamonds, Kate Tempest (she is incredible!), Eliza Doolittle, Sia and Halsey. I’m aware I listen to a lot of music, I love more artists but I’m afraid this blog will become too long then! Oh and I also listen to Clean Bandit and Disclosure. And let us not forget James Blunt of course!

Music is a way of life, people don’t realise how important it is. From the lyrics, to the beats, to the composition, it can help someone out in the tough times. While someone is struggling, they can put their earphones in their ears and shut the world out, have some time to themselves and forget about their troubles.

Long live music. :adore:
    Awwwww what a cute post :love:

You play a lot of instruments omg :O that's so cool :ahee:

I've missed your blog so much , I'm glad you posted :jumphug:

Also you know what, you should upload a video/recording of you singing/playing something :ahee: :ahee: :ahee:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Awwwww what a cute post :love:

You play a lot of instruments omg :O that's so cool :ahee:

I've missed your blog so much , I'm glad you posted :jumphug:

Also you know what, you should upload a video/recording of you singing/playing something :ahee: :ahee: :ahee:
    Well I am Rhythmical and aww thank you, I had to scrap another blog post as I feared it would be too erm graphic maybe or sad, aww I appreciate it! :lovehug: and yes I have done before, I'm surprised I haven't showed you before!

Here, I sang Take Me to Church.

ReputationRep:

I only pray you'll never leave me behind (never leave me). Because good music can be so hard to find (so hard to find). My heart's a stereo. It beats for you, so listen close.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Music, for me is one of the reasons I am living today. It may seem weird, strange or even bizarre that I could even say that music is the reason I am not dead, but people often overlook how important it is to me. I remember having influences such as Michael Jackson and Prince being favourites in my household, as well as Bollywood music and so I had a great musical upbringing that often involved other cultures.

Several family members of mine sang and since I was a young girl, singing was often my passion. Growing up, I remember listening to S Club 7, Steps, Spice Girls, Destiny’s Child and a lot of the 2000s’ artists that we all love and remember still to this day. Music let me escape my childhood and problems, sometimes I depicted traits of a personality disorder, pretending I was a celebrity and every night I’d go to bed, I’d be her and I’d leave myself behind.

Whilst it never consumed me, I became disorientated in life and I lost track of who I was. Thankfully, I've sought help for this and it’s getting better. Writing songs has always come natural to me, as well as singing, I play instruments; the guitar, drums, keyboard, ukulele, ocarina,flute, the triangle (no judging! :laugh: ) and xylophone and so writing songs accompanies my musical talents. I usually write songs related to personal experiences, sometimes love but usually it’s the battles in my life that influence me immensely.

A lot of my musical tastes has changed over the years, I like all kinds of music but I always hold pop/rock, indie music/alternative and hip hop in my heart. I love 90’s music such as Fatboy Slim as my love for house music is just *sigh* :love: and early 2000’s music too. My favourite bands are Years & Years, the 1975, Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots (their lyrics reflect my life and mood and have helped me out in rough times), Foster The People, The Kooks, PVRIS, DNCE and many more. For artists, I usually listen to Daya, Alessia Cara, Zara Larsson, Melanie Martinez, Marina and The Diamonds, Kate Tempest (she is incredible!), Eliza Doolittle, Sia and Halsey. I’m aware I listen to a lot of music, I love more artists but I’m afraid this blog will become too long then! Oh and I also listen to Clean Bandit and Disclosure. And let us not forget James Blunt of course!

Music is a way of life, people don’t realise how important it is. From the lyrics, to the beats, to the composition, it can help someone out in the tough times. While someone is struggling, they can put their earphones in their ears and shut the world out, have some time to themselves and forget about their troubles.

PRSOM and I agree - music is something like the best thing to happen to this world. Without music, I probably wouldn't be as close to my friends at school as I am now (it was actually my friends who convinced me to take GCSE Music in the first place and it was probably one of the best decisions of my life).

I love how there's music from every genre and for every single mood, and I love how music is accessible to anyone.

Yeah, I just love music..

Spoiler:
    Show
    By the way, you forgot the full stop at the end of my name, so I almost didn't see this post. :hide:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    PRSOM and I agree - music is something like the best thing to happen to this world. Without music, I probably wouldn't be as close to my friends at school as I am now (it was actually my friends who convinced me to take GCSE Music in the first place and it was probably one of the best decisions of my life).

I love how there's music from every genre and for every single mood, and I love how music is accessible to anyone.

Yeah, I just love music..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    By the way, you forgot the full stop at the end of my name, so I almost didn't see this post. :hide:
    Aw that's such a lovely thing to hear! :lovehug: music just makes me feel good about myself and the people around me, it's often a conversational topic with my friends. And no I forgot! who did I tag then? I edited it by the way, how did you see the tag then?

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's such a lovely thing to hear! :lovehug: music just makes me feel good about myself and the people around me, it's often a conversational topic with my friends. And no I forgot! who did I tag then? I edited it by the way, how did you see the tag then?
    Why's it controversial?

For once, the follow members thing on the front page helped. :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Why's it controversial?

For once, the follow members thing on the front page helped. :lol:
    Erm read it again, I said conversational! :lol: it's a good topic of conversation!

And ooh okay, thought you were stalking me then

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Music is beautiful :love: it really can save lives *___* I'm glad you've found something to hang on to Maybe one day you can provide the same for other people with your music We have very similar music taste (MJ, Halsey, Melanie, TOP, I like a few songs by Clean Bandit, Alessia Cara and Years and Years too) so I'd like to recommend Jaymes Young (linked a song) - his lyrics are incredible *__* has many songs with different styles from 'soft' rock to EDM and Sleeping at Last have some very beautiful lyrics like it actually makes me cry and their sound is so calming and original.

ReputationRep:
    Erm read it again, I said conversational! :lol: it's a good topic of conversation!

And ooh okay, thought you were stalking me then
    :doh: I think I still need sleep.. :ashamed:

Nope, no stalking.

Spoiler:
    Show
    :ninja:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    Music is beautiful :love: it really can save lives *___* I'm glad you've found something to hang on to Maybe one day you can provide the same for other people with your music We have very similar music taste (MJ, Halsey, Melanie, TOP, I like a few songs by Clean Bandit, Alessia Cara and Years and Years too) so I'd like to recommend Jaymes Young (linked a song) - his lyrics are incredible *__* has many songs with different styles from 'soft' rock to EDM and Sleeping at Last have some very beautiful lyrics like it actually makes me cry and their sound is so calming and original.
    I know, if I can't hang on to friends then music is the next best thing! :love: omg z33 the music you have me to listen to is making me cry in a good way, omg it is amazing! :hugs: I haven't cried about music in a long time. :cry:

:doh: I think I still need sleep.. :ashamed:

Nope, no stalking.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ninja:
    :laugh: maybe stay away from TSR for a couple of milliseconds.

ReputationRep:
    I know, if I can't hang on to friends then music is the next best thing! :love: omg z33 the music you have me to listen to is making me cry in a good way, omg it is amazing! :hugs: I haven't cried about music in a long time. :cry:
    Yupp that deep connection you feel to the artist - almost like you know them it's so beautiful x_x
    awhhhhhhhhhhh i'm glad you like it :awesome: :hugs:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by z33)
    Yupp that deep connection you feel to the artist - almost like you know them it's so beautiful x_x
    awhhhhhhhhhhh i'm glad you like it :awesome: :hugs:
    Them feels I fancy making some music right now, but what shall I do?

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

I find this so hugely inspiring, and can relate to what you say in some ways Thank you for tagging - your blog is always so interesting to read! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: maybe stay away from TSR for a couple of milliseconds.
    :getmecoat:

(Original post by z33)
    OH MY GOD Z33 you don't know how happy I am that you linked Jaymes Young. :woo: I remember listening to Moondust aaaages ago, except I then forgot who sang it or even what the song was, so THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT. :jumphug:

Rhythmical listen to Moondust? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Them feels I fancy making some music right now, but what shall I do?
    ikr *_*
    idk a cover or just play with it til you find something you like *_*
    have you seen those major to minor covers? theyre SO COOL
    try doing that with one of your faves xP
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    OH MY GOD Z33 you don't know how happy I am that you linked Jaymes Young. :woo: I remember listening to Moondust aaaages ago, except I then forgot who sang it or even what the song was, so THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT. :jumphug:

Rhythmical listen to Moondust? :puppyeyes:
    :lol: no problem haha! moondust is sooooooo beautiful *___* <3333333333 all of his songs are x_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    :lol: no problem haha! moondust is sooooooo beautiful *___* <3333333333 all of his songs are x_x
    His voice.. :love:

ReputationRep:
    His voice.. :love:
    its so calming and beautiful
    omg
    listen to Come Back For Me
    Spoiler:
    Show

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.