Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    I got this too, pretty sure it's right.
    I kept getting pi=-4, and then realised I left out the 3!, and I even told myself before the exam to REMEMBER THE FACTORIALS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangotangopapa2)
    Almost all of these are right. I got 16/3 for value of pi. I forgot to divide by 6 for question 5, second term.😭😭😭. Also was the third derivative -16?
    Yep, -16 for ''' and 2 for '

ReputationRep:
    For proof by induction, I found I(4) and assumed I(2k) = a/b where a and b are integers and fraction is cancelled out to loweset terms. Then I(2k+2) is also rational. (Using formula for I(n)).

ReputationRep:
    Fudged up the proof of the reduction formulae and the induction on Q8 - I reckon I got between 60 and 63 - A* anyone? I think I've secured the A* already but it'd be nice if I got at least 90 on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinley)
    Fudged up the proof of the reduction formulae and the induction on Q8 - I reckon I got between 63 and 66 - A* anyone? I think I've secured the A* already but it'd be nice if I got at least 90 on this
    Should be 90+ UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    I got this too, pretty sure it's right.
    I also got this

ReputationRep:
    Fudged up the proof of the reduction formulae and the induction on Q8 - I reckon I got between 63 and 66 - A* anyone? I think I've secured the A* already but it'd be nice if I got at least 90 on this
    Of course that's going to be an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Also for question 3, make (0, 2) a square root with 0 unchanged. All intersections with x axis also unchanged

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to remind me how we did the first part of Q7. I think I remember integration 1/x between 1 and infinity, giving me ln(inifinity) which is infinite. I did a little sketch as well

ReputationRep:
    couldn't get the result for reduction or sketch the bloody iteration graph, but fairly sure i got the rest right probs got around 64 or 63

ReputationRep:
    Anyone able to remind me how we did the first part of Q7. I think I remember integration 1/x between 1 and infinity, giving me ln(inifinity) which is infinite. I did a little sketch as well
    yup same

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 58/72 , what ums mark do you think this will be . Pretty sure Ive averaged 90 over d2 and s2 but am unsure if this will bring the average below 90!! Ah well,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid1234)
    yup same
    Sweet. I remember you posting on the S4 thread haha, sorry for being a nuisance but do you remember what you got for the pgf question Variance? I got 1.23 I think. And then also for that probability of C - did you get something like 0.15 + 2x?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Raskolnikov)
    Also for question 3, make (0, 2) a square root with 0 unchanged. All intersections with x axis also unchanged

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wasn't it (0,6)? Unless I'm remembering wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duncanjgraham)
    I think I got 58/72 , what ums mark do you think this will be . Pretty sure Ive averaged 90 over d2 and s2 but am unsure if this will bring the average below 90!! Ah well,
    I got around the same. I reckon it'll a be 80 UMS ish, maybe 85?

ReputationRep:
    I got really confused with this question. When doing the integral was it from 0 to infinity or 1 to infinity. Either way you end up with ln(infinity)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNicholas)
    Anyone note down their answers?
    1: +-ln(1.5+0.5sqrt(5))
    2. ln2 - pi/4
    3. sketch - one of those ones with a circle ish shape intersecting x axis at 90, then nothing between 2 and 5, then another bit. (0,root2) (0, -root2) A, B, C were coordinates.
    4. Beta = 3.733, Alpha = 1.6291
    5. Maclaurin : 2x - (8/3)x^3
    Pi approx 2/3 which rounds to 3
    6. Theta = pi/10
    (0.951,0.309)
    area pi/20
    7. ln(infinity) for first part, 2 is upper limit of second part
    8. bunch of show thats, messed up reduction.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet. I remember you posting on the S4 thread haha, sorry for being a nuisance but do you remember what you got for the pgf question Variance? I got 1.23 I think. And then also for that probability of C - did you get something like 0.15 + 2x?
    1.23 is right, c was 0.15 +2x but you can solve for x and x=0.1, so C was 0.35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid1234)
    1: +-ln(1.5+0.5sqrt(5))
    2. ln2 - pi/4
    3. sketch - one of those ones with a circle ish shape intersecting x axis at 90, then nothing between 2 and 5, then another bit. (0,root2) (0, -root2) A, B, C were coordinates.
    4. Beta = 3.733, Alpha = 1.6291
    5. Maclaurin : 2x - (8/3)x^3
    Pi approx 2/3 which rounds to 3
    6. Theta = pi/10
    (0.951,0.309)
    area pi/20
    7. ln(infinity) for first part, 2 is upper limit of second part
    8. bunch of show thats, messed up reduction.
    Thanks! My answers are the same except I got a different alpha value, think I just mistyped it into my calculator when typing in all my answers, do you happen to remember the questions? Something -e^x =0?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangotangopapa2)
    For proof by induction, I found I(4) and assumed I(2k) = a/b where a and b are integers and fraction is cancelled out to loweset terms. Then I(2k+2) is also rational. (Using formula for I(n)).
    did something similar to this, but didnt use a/b just said is rational. did I(1) as it was easier

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.