Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    whaaaatttt ??? hes the dude that produced im a boss

Him producing a banger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqbRCm6dkPQ
    Damnn, that song was one of meeks best!!! that was Jahlil?? I'll listen to him tomorrow, need to know more about him

I love how you put 'him producing a banger'... and that's literally the name of the song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngmetro)
    Damnn, that song was one of meeks best!!! that was Jahlil?? I'll listen to him tomorrow, need to know more about him

I love how you put 'him producing a banger'... and that's literally the name of the song
    you know i aint playin when it comes to legendary beats *starts dabbin*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    So glad to see some RZA GZA fans on this thread. Anybody into Ghostface? This thread has some OGs contributing man. Love you all.
    That's the thing about Wu Tang, with most groups there's always one member that's above the rest but with Wu, every member was one of the greatest of all time in their own right.

ReputationRep:
    to pimp a butterfly

ReputationRep:
    T.I is the king fo real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    drake -
    if your reading this its too late

but then i like Kanye's - the life of Pablo
    Personally, I don't think Drakes out out an album as good as Thank Me Later, it's been downhill for him, if you heard the songs he put out today especially pop style you'd realize! That's basically Kanye's song to shine
    I like TLOP too
    For me, this generation, Kanye is he best (old Kanye especially) and Kendrick

ReputationRep:
    My top Albums (No particular order):
    •MBDTF (Kanye)
    •TPAB (Kendrick)
    •GKMC (Kendrick)
    •Illmatic (Nas)
    •The Chronic (Dr.Dre)
    •The Low End Theory (A Tribe Called Quest)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Iron Man is definitely better than Supreme Clientele. But Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is better than both, and Liquid Swords is even better still.
    For me Cuban Linx suffers from the last two tracks which I could never really get into. While it has individual tracks that I like better than anything off Ironman, Ironman I can listen to all the way through.

Ironman also has that stand-out verse on Winter Warz by Cappadona. Very underrated in Wu...

Liquid Swords is another fantastic album; the theme, beats and samples all draw you in. The lyrical content is up there with the best but, dunno, for me, GZA's delivery/voice can be a tiny, tiny bit monotonous. I still love the album and have listened to it countless times, don't get me wrong, just explaining where I stand on Wu's solo stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Liquid Swords = best Wu album. Better than 36 Chambers tbh. RZA's beats are so ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    For me Em will always be top of the list, even if only for sentimental reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even Eminem himself said Tupac and Biggie and Big L are better than him. He also made a song dedicated towards them. In an interview he said he looked up to them as role models and he tries to copy/merge there styles together. Before Eminem started releasing rap albums he sent a letter to Afeni Shakur (Tupac's Mother) and she allowed him to remix some unreleased content. The letter he wrote is on display at the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts in Georgia USA. So lets end this discussion with what I said before as correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ytteFpaW)
    Even Eminem himself said Tupac and Biggie and Big L are better than him. He also made a song dedicated towards them. In an interview he said he looked up to them as role models and he tries to copy/merge there styles together. Before Eminem started releasing rap albums he sent a letter to Afeni Shakur (Tupac's Mother) and she allowed him to remix some unreleased content. The letter he wrote is on display at the Tupac Amaru Shakur Center for the Arts in Georgia USA. So lets end this discussion with what I said before as correct.
    2Pac died in September '96. Eminem's first album came out two months after. You sure you've got your dates correct? I know this happened when he produced music for the Loyal To The Game album that came out in 2006 but I will be surprised if she replied to Eminem before his fame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loyal_to_the_Game

According to an interview with MTV, Eminem was so moved by Tupac's life and work that he wrote a letter to Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, asking her to consider letting him produce the album. Shakur agreed, giving Eminem the go ahead.
    Anyway Eminem is better than 2Pac tbf, definitely from a technical standpoint. Eminem is just being modest when he says stuff like Pac being better than him, if he came out and said he thinks he is better than 2Pac he would get absolutely slaughtered.He also said Andre 3000 is better than him :cool:

ReputationRep:

Saw these guys a few years back, real smooot.
    Yeah, The Roots are incredible. Consistently great, except for their last album which I thought was **** tbh. But Illadelph, Things Fall Apart, Phrenology, Game Theory & Undun are all really good albums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    2Pac died in September '96. Eminem's first album came out two months after. You sure you've got your dates correct? I know this happened when he produced music for the Loyal To The Game album that came out in 2006 but I will be surprised if she replied to Eminem before his fame.

Anyway Eminem is better than 2Pac tbf, definitely from a technical standpoint. Eminem is just being modest when he says stuff like Pac being better than him, if he came out and said he thinks he is better than 2Pac he would get absolutely slaughtered.He also said Andre 3000 is better than him :cool:
    Tbh I rate Andre 3000 more, just my style. I find Outkast much more interesting to listen to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    For me Cuban Linx suffers from the last two tracks which I could never really get into. While it has individual tracks that I like better than anything off Ironman, Ironman I can listen to all the way through.

Ironman also has that stand-out verse on Winter Warz by Cappadona. Very underrated in Wu...

Liquid Swords is another fantastic album; the theme, beats and samples all draw you in. The lyrical content is up there with the best but, dunno, for me, GZA's delivery/voice can be a tiny, tiny bit monotonous. I still love the album and have listened to it countless times, don't get me wrong, just explaining where I stand on Wu's solo stuff.
    cap got locked up...he didnt get to make much stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    That's the thing about Wu Tang, with most groups there's always one member that's above the rest but with Wu, every member was one of the greatest of all time in their own right.
    goat? now u trippin

its only deck...rae...ghost

the rest didnt have as many hits

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I rate Andre 3000 more, just my style. I find Outkast much more interesting to listen to.
    That's what I mean, Andre is my favourite rapper. And yeah, Outkast are really fun to listen to, got something for everybody.

16 years since the last Outkast album proper :eek:, probably for the best that they don't release anything again now. I did used to want them to but I realised recently it's never going to live up to their past material.

ReputationRep:
    J Cole- The warm up

ReputationRep:
    I'm still boopin t.i paper trail 💯

ReputationRep:
    Forest Hills Drive- J.Cole
    Always was... and Will always be THE BEST!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

em had to go commercial to sell more than pac

em was influenced by pac and said he was better

u are just a groupie

(Original post by ytteFpaW)
    he tries to copy/merge there styles together.
    merge styles? i didnt even know this...damn...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.