Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Asad Shah death: Man admits killing shopkeeper because he 'disrespected' Islam" watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Of course it doesn't -- it's meant to be sarcastic. That's what I put the :erm: at the end for.
    Your banter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    But is it not a major haram to commit takfir (unless you are the prophet) on anyone who professes himself a Moslem? Yet you appear comfortable in doing so.
    OK

Almost all Muslims scholars unanimously agree that ahmadis are not Muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Ahmadis seem too tolerant and peaceful to be Muslims, perhaps they should rebrand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Two R's)
    Religion of peace.
    I'm very eager to see if the mods delete your post just as they deleted mine when I mentioned the same in a similar situation.

I can't believe we aren't even allowed to sarcastically call Islam a religion of peace…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I'm very eager to see if the mods delete your post just as they deleted mine when I mentioned the same in a similar situation.

I can't believe we aren't even allowed to sarcastically call Islam a religion of peace…
    The Mods are a dangerous joke on Islamic issues.

Self censorship plays into the hands of intolerant views and destroys genuine freedom of speech.

I worry for this country sometimes I really do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)
    The Mods are a dangerous joke on Islamic issues.

Self censorship plays into the hands of intolerant views and destroys genuine freedom of speech.

I worry for this country sometimes I really do.
    Me too mate. Very sad to see this once wonderful country slipping slowly down the drain 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    #NotATrueMuslim

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How weak and pathetic.

A man is not a true man if he doesn't propose and instead asks her to propose to him - but he's still a ****ing man.

No matter how much you try to avoid it - he is still a muslim and he subscribes to the same book you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    How weak and pathetic.

A man is not a true man if he doesn't propose and instead asks her to propose to him - but he's still a ****ing man.

No matter how much you try to avoid it - he is still a muslim and he subscribes to the same book you do.

You thought I was being serious? **** me.

ReputationRep:
    well how am i to know if you are muslim or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by le_darkhorse)
    well how am i to know if you are muslim or not?
    The fact that everyone else got the joke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    And the biggest sect will be truthful one.
    Nevertheless only God knows who is a true believer and so I would call them brothers and sisters. But ahmadis are committing shirk so calling them Muslims even if they follow most of the principles of Islam is wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahmadis simply claim that their view of faith is the continuation ( and advancement of islam) and their
    prophet came to lead humankind 'out of ignorance'. Which is essntially most muslims say ( ie that most people had beliefs that were in some way 'islamic' like hajj, ramadan etc, but 'lost their way at some point' and so mohammed came to get them on track again. Bit hypocritical to support mohammed against his detractors of the arab pagan tribes when he came to ' enlighten them' then attack ahmadis for doing the same thing. The sunni muslim guy who murdered mr shah was proud of his murder and received large support from the sunni muslim community

ReputationRep:
    Taxi driver shows no remorse after he is jailed for 27 years for "execution" of Shawlands shopkeeper Asad Shah

"When Ahmed was taken down to the cells, he raised a clenched fist and shouted loudly: 'Praise for the Prophet Muhammad, there is only one Prophet.'

Some of his supporters in the courtroom responded by raising their arms and repeating the phrase."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascend)
    Taxi driver shows no remorse after he is jailed for 27 years for "execution" of Shawlands shopkeeper Asad Shah

"When Ahmed was taken down to the cells, he raised a clenched fist and shouted loudly: 'Praise for the Prophet Muhammad, there is only one Prophet.'

Some of his supporters in the courtroom responded by raising their arms and repeating the phrase."
    *sigh*

I genuinely wish more people would understand that these people are simply following the 'Religion of Peace' to a T.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.