Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims: At what age would you like to get married? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Yeah that would probably be a good time, since it's easy to fall into a haram relationship there.
    I don't see those as bad things.
    Marriage doesn't restrict you that much, it depends on the person you get married to.

Would you prefer your wife to stay at home or work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Better to stay at home for her sake but if she's passionate to work and staying at home would upset her, then she can choose a halal job ie any job where there's zero interaction with males. What about you, dude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    Better to stay at home for her sake but if she's passionate to work and staying at home would upset her, then she can choose a halal job ie any job where there's zero interaction with males. What about you, dude?
    I'm a girl lol
    I would prefer to stay at home, I would only work if my husband wanted me to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    I'm a girl lol
    I would prefer to stay at home, I would only work if my husband wanted me to.
    That's really commendable. Very impressive. You're in the minority of muslim women. If only the majority of other muslim women thought like that but no, they prefer high-flying careers and think nothing of opposite gender interaction. Keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGirlOnTheRun)
    Ayaz, you better make me!!!
    Better make you what? :P

ReputationRep:
    That's really commendable. Very impressive. You're in the minority of muslim women. If only the majority of other muslim women thought like that but no, they prefer high-flying careers and think nothing of opposite gender interaction. Keep it up.
    Yeah exactly, mashaAllah sis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    JZK.
    Yeah I have no interest in that, jobs, making money etc.
    Priority should be the home which is the sunnah.

(Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Yeah exactly, mashaAllah sis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    JZK

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why is this just addressed at Muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_Hope_X)
    Why is this just addressed at Muslims
    Perhaps the OP wishes to see how being a Muslim correlates with the age people wish to marry at?

Why? Do you feel discriminated against?

ReputationRep:
    Male

around 27-30 if my mind changes

Otherwise I couldn't give a ****

I am not spending money and time on some ***** when that could be better spent on a BMW ///M5 or a MUSTANG or LAMBORGHINI.

Plus so many *****es are stuck up and arrogant and pricks and so annoying.

Just me

ReputationRep:
    Should mention my parents literally said since I told them this^^^

That they won't let me stay unmarried. We have had extreme arguments over this and I am like it's my life and decision but they think that not getting married is bad. Pfffffffft

dont care when as long as hes mr.perfect...female...hate the idea of marriage, but it the only halal way to live with someone u love

(Original post by Jeff548)
    Male

I am not spending money and time on some ***** when that could be better spent on a BMW ///M5 or a MUSTANG or LAMBORGHINI.

Just me
    What, as opposed to a chauvinistic pig?

ReputationRep:
    Male

Just me
    You deserve a round of applause for this dude. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    At least our friend Jeff has been honest about his feelings instead of hiding behind an Anonymous name. You don't know anything about what he's been through with women, you have no right to give him verbal abuse just cos you don't agree with his views. You asked for peoples' views on marriage, obviously not everyone subscribes to the Muslim view of getting married early and having children early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Quit hiding on anonymous and come out unless you're scared that I will thump you one in the face for being cheeky?

Don't say **** like that. You're probably another ***** who can't handle the fact that you do **** all.

People like you just wait until the day where you take your man's money and spend it on worthless **** - just like yourself. You're so lucky you are on anonymous because if this was in real life... your cheek would have got you a proper thumping.

Stuck up, uptight, little *****...
    (Original post by asif007)
    You deserve a round of applause for this dude. Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Cheers bro Aint nobody taking my money from me

At least our friend Jeff has been honest about his feelings instead of hiding behind an Anonymous name. You don't know anything about what he's been through with women, you have no right to give him verbal abuse just cos you don't agree with his views. You asked for peoples' views on marriage, obviously not everyone subscribes to the Muslim view of getting married early and having children early.
    Exactly, go suck one off

Quit hiding on anonymous and come out unless you're scared that I will thump you one in the face for being cheeky?

Don't say **** like that. You're probably another ***** who can't handle the fact that you do **** all.

People like you just wait until the day where you take your man's money and spend it on worthless **** - just like yourself. You're so lucky you are on anonymous because if this was in real life... your cheek would have got you a proper thumping.

Stuck up, uptight, little *****...

Exactly, go suck one off
    I went under anon because I don't want to reveal my OP identity (I share way too much info on here and I don't want people in real life to identify me).
    Also, I'm studying a masters degree so I can get a decent job and not need a man's money. If you read some of the comments above a lot of muslim guys here are actually praising other girls who don't want to work. Seems you can't win either way.
    Your attitude is pretty shocking tbh. Are you muslim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_and_ice)
    I don't really know. Preferably before the age of 27, but not until I'm content with my own self (career wise, financially, spiritually etc).

Also, female.
    This. I am also female.

ReputationRep:
    Male

Just me
    Wow!! Are you muslim btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    I prefered to get married at around 25-26. Maybe I will, maybe not. Im 21, failing my degree, no job and havent got a driving licence yet. Need to sort out my life.
    May Allah make it easier for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Wow!! Are you muslim btw?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    Ok thanks. Do not worry not all girls are like that. may Allah show you the best path

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.