Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

More than half of British Muslims say homosexuality should be outlawed Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain-A)
    I'm happy to admit I didn't think 1800 people was a large enough sample size, so lets move on now yes?

I never said I didn't believe the statistics? Has anyone read my posts? I'm just saying it isn't fir to claim its half of every sing ****ing muslim in the UK.
    Let's not move on. Your "opinion" about the sample size is irrelevant; sample sizes are based on formulas that have been around for decades. In America they regularly (and accurately) deduce the views of 150 million voters from 2500 person samples. This is statistical science, your opinion on whether the sample is large enough is irrelevant (but also wrong)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    Let's not move on. Your "opinion" about the sample size is irrelevant; sample sizes are based on formulas that have been around for decades. In America they regularly (and accurately) deduce the views of 150 million voters from 2500 person samples. This is statistical science, your opinion on whether the sample is large enough is irrelevant (but also wrong)
    You are actually so ignorant, I've just admitted I was wrong in that post when I said "I'm happy to admit I didn't think 1800 people was a large enough sample size". That was my whole intention of that post.

So move on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdilAD)
    Just saying you can't always say "them" to accuse all muslims. I don't practice the religion because I disagree with some of the beliefs so I aint one of those extemists. There are still some peaceful ones out there:top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can you be a Muslim if you don't practice Islam? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point?

ReputationRep:
    Guys being gay is perfectly fine in Islam. As long as you dont act on it or talk about it. + There are loads of cures like threatening to kill you unless you marry and live the life of a lie with the opposite sex. This is why we are renowned for our tolerance and being the religion of peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OGGUS)
    They aren't really Muslim then... think about it.
    Muslims don't hate gays, they hate people who practice it.
    Those people practice it because there possessed by something and need help.
    errrr then if this is the case then how many muslims *are* there in the world? the figures say 1 billion but if you're saying you can't be a muslim and believe that homosexuality should be outlawed then there might be a couple of thousand if that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zain-A)
    I didn't deny anything. What i've been saying is its not just down to Islam.
    We don't really care what it is caused by, though Islam and its related cultures seem to be the likely culprits. These are pretty worrying views. The main point is it means we have a significant minority of people in this country who are not integrated (by choice) with the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    How can you be a Muslim if you don't practice Islam? Doesn't that kind of defeat the point?
    No you can be a non practicing muslim. They exist too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No you can be a non practicing muslim. They exist too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How are they Muslims though? If you don't practice Christianity, you're not a Christian.

ReputationRep:
    "More than half of British Muslims"
    I don't even remember taking part in this study. I don't remember any of the British muslims I know taking part in this study.

So how many british Muslims actually are part of this study?

ReputationRep:
    How are they Muslims though? If you don't practice Christianity, you're not a Christian.
    I have nothing against any religion but there are many Islamic countries where if you are born a muslim and you convert to a different religion or atheist or agnostic, the price is the death sentence under sharia law. That's why the people who don't believe in Islam anymore don't shout about it because it's the death sentence. But im behind a computer screen no one can see me so I can shout about it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do more than half of British Muslims think that it should be legal to marry a nine year old like their prophet did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Do more than half of British Muslims think that it should be legal to marry a nine year old like their prophet did?
    That's really messed imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing against any religion but there are many Islamic countries where if you are born a muslim and you convert to a different religion or atheist or agnostic, the price is the death sentence under sharia law. That's why the people who don't believe in Islam anymore don't shout about it because it's the death sentence. But im behind a computer screen no one can see me so I can shout about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're living in a country with the death sentence for thinking for yourself, you should move. Anywhere is better than that.

ReputationRep:
    That's really messed imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree with you. No way should it be legal to marry a nine year old.

ReputationRep:
    Religion of peaaaccceeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    "More than half of British Muslims"
    I don't even remember taking part in this study. I don't remember any of the British muslims I know taking part in this study.

So how many british Muslims actually are part of this study?
    Opinion polls. How do they work

ReputationRep:
    If you're living in a country with the death sentence for thinking for yourself, you should move. Anywhere is better than that.
    Luckily I don't live in one of those countries but I do have very religious parents and the wrath of a mother is way scarier than the death sentence lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Ironic that the LGBT community is one of the most vocal defenders of Islam.
    This. It's utterly pathetic, I have no sympathy for the regressive LGBT morons that are apologists for religions that have nothing but hatred for how they live their lives (at best).

ReputationRep:
    This poll doesn't mean **** anyway. Homosexuality is never going to be made illegal in the UK. If they want it to be illegal, they can leave. I don't agree with homosexuality either because of religious views but I think people should be entitled to behave in the way they want to- this is Britain after all, not communist North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    LOL at the daily mail post "Muslims celebrate Eid Mubarak" tf you celebrate Eid, you don't "celebrate" a greeting lmao

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.