Aqa accounting unit 3 and 4 June 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny01)
    Actually I didn't do anything with the average inventory, all I knew that mine balanced lol, will it balance even if I didn't include it?
    Yeah since you'd just be adding it on to both, I don't think you were meant to, threw me off cause it was there, thought I had to use it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap, how much do you think I would lose on that one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny01)
    Oh crap, how much do you think I would lose on that one?
    Nono I mean you've done it right, adding the average inventory makes no difference since you'd be adding the same figure to budgeted and actual.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Okayy thanks
    That question was 32 marks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1408)
    Tbh i cant really remember much now. I don't think i got a negative NPV though and i cant remember the transfer price. For the balance sheet for unrealised profit, did you work out unrealised profit for 2016 and then minus that from Inventories of finished goods?
    595,000 and 711,000 transfer price??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Middriver)
    Shouldn't do wasn't a lot of marks.Did your NPV go negative on the final year? Can you remember your transfer price/cost of production.
    transfer price of 750?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenC979)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got £595,000 but x1.2 = £714,000

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got £8000 for unrealised profit inv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muhammad_AK)
    I got 604,000 😭 You remember your NPV?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Middriver)
    I got 604,000 😭 You remember your NPV?
    I can't remember but it was a good figure, 140 something thousand I think can't remember though
    Payback I got, 1 year 5.2 months

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember but it was a good figure, 140 something thousand I think can't remember though
    Payback I got, 1 year 5.2 months
    Ah my payback i got 2 years 122 days, did you use 320-(costs) or 4000-(costs) seen some people use 4000(not including the 3680 cost) idk why.

ReputationRep:
    but wouldn't the profit figure of 320 already include the costs, i chose to get 20 percent of 4 million instead as this was the actual cash received since the 4 million included credit sales which i don't think you're meant to include, this meant meant payback period was about 100 or so days which to me seemed right at the time bearing in mind it was only a two marker

ReputationRep:
    I used the profit figure to work out the fixed costs, otherwise they would have paid it back too fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGHD67)
    but wouldn't the profit figure of 320 already include the costs, i chose to get 20 percent of 4 million instead as this was the actual cash received since the 4 million included credit sales which i don't think you're meant to include, this meant meant payback period was about 100 or so days which to me seemed right at the time bearing in mind it was only a two marker
    I used the 4,000,000 turnover for inflow, outflow included fixed costs + variable costs + interest and stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    I used the 4,000,000 turnover for inflow, outflow included fixed costs + variable costs + interest and stuff like that
    was interest 21600 for you ?, and also did you remove depreciation from outflows ?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was, and yeh I did

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was, and yeh I did
    i really do hope grade boundaries don't go up, and go down for unit 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGHD67)
    i really do hope grade boundaries don't go up, and go down for unit 3.
    I agree, sign this petition if you found the exam hard like everyone else:
    https://www.change.org/p/aqa-aqa-sig...edium=copylink

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe it was 714 then 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenC979)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure cant remember lol

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.