Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslims - Will you fast during exam period? Exam clash with Ramadan Watch

ReputationRep:
    For my GCSE's, I remember fasting on some exam days and not on others. Now that i'm in 6th Form and have a lot more knowledge surrounding the purpose and benefits of fasting, I'll definitely fast during my exams if they clash but I would suggest you always come into school whilst fasting and if you can't pull through (maybe because of the crazy hot whether, health, etc.) then you could always break it and make up for it after Ramadan. But that should be only if you have to as God doesn't bear you with more than you can cope with but he is also the most merciful. Take care of yourself and remember the people who don't usually have a choice in this matter x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    Yeahh ill list em
    Physics Unit 1
    Physics Unit 2
    Physics Unit 4
    Physics Unit 5
    M1
    M2
    M3
    S2
    C3
    C4
    FP1
    FP2
    FP3
    I've got 1 exam outside Ramadan:cry:
    dayuuum it's like the GCSE exam timetable all over again you poor soul

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arima)
    dayuuum it's like the GCSE exam timetable all over again you poor soul
    Haha yeahh but it should be okay Inshaa'Allah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Ah, so what you mean is that it's compulsory, but at the end of the day, it's up to you whether you actually obey it or not? So what you're talking about is basically being naughty/disobeying, but on the sly?

And if you don't obey it, do you believe that Allah will know that you have disobeyed (I assume he's all-seeing like the God of Abraham, right?).
    Pretty much yeah to both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Yes and what has that got with us students fasting?He was trying to say that Muslims do those kinds of things because they fast.No it doesn't. The only person that looks bad in this thread is him, as you can see from others replies too.Please stop trying to defend him.

(Original post by Axel Johann)
    Good point :getmecoat:

But the reason I was defending him is because I fear that we're too quick to just say "report" and then adding fuel to KingBradly and them others' fire about how the criticism of Islam is being censored on TSR.

And then when they make a big fuss about it, they point to their clever wording and say that they weren't in the wrong. Which when you look at it word for word, they kind of weren't because of their clever wording. Thus making us look bad because it makes us look like we're just trying to censor any criticism of Islam.

I do admit you are right in this case, and maybe this case wasn't the best time to point of my long brewing fears, so I'm sorry for that. But it is something I am concerned with. These guys are playing smart now.
    This is something that has slipped under my radar but I do need to clarify. The thing about fasting causing terrorism clearly was a joke - you can tell by the language used, or is not clear without an emoji these days? I suggest you broaden your horizons a bit.

"These guys are playing smart now" - this certainly isn't a welcome statement and I confess myself disappointed.

Goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    Haha got M1 & M2 same morning on 21st & got FP1 & FP2 on morning on 24th , quite bad haha
    Inshallah you will get through it successfully, may Allah help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safiyyah98)
    Inshallah you will get through it successfully, may Allah help you
    You too

ReputationRep:
    You too
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safiyyah98)
    Thanks
    Haha np what do you study?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm going to fast. Not eating for the day while doing exam isn't going to make me get like a F in the exam. We eat at the end of the day and can eat until fajr. We'd still have our nutrients etc so that person who called us "looney" and said such a stupid thing should perhaps rethink the science. I barely take breakfast during school days, I don't seem to be losing concentration in class. I've seen FOOTBALLERS fast with the hot sun and they seem to perform very well! Like come on, football involves running around which I would think is worse than taking an exam. Your knowledge isn't going to just disappear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    I'd ask if you were fasting but you can't resist the lulla, I swear Koran says "Sausage meat is strictly forbidden" :sadnod:
    Can you guys report him please?

Look at the stuff he's saying. ^

ReputationRep:
    ILL LOSE ALL MY GAINZ DOE but ill still be fastin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Can you guys report him please?

Look at the stuff he's saying. ^
    Hahaha, it's not in English so they don't understand it :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by HuzaifahN)
    ILL LOSE ALL MY GAINZ DOE but ill still be fastin.
    can someone translate for those in our early/mid twenties please?

ReputationRep:
    HAHA NOBODY CAN TRANSLATE. ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    I'm actually 19 so in around a year I wont understand what i'm saying right now too. Good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Hahaha, it's not in English so they don't understand it :rofl:
    I guess that's good because I wouldn't want him to get reported and cry himself to sleep. :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by HuzaifahN)
    HAHA NOBODY CAN TRANSLATE. ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LANGUAGE BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    I'm actually 19 so in around a year I wont understand what i'm saying right now too. Good stuff.
    does "da yoof" still greet each other "wag1 blad"

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm not the most religious person and I can never concentrate when I'm hungry. I'll probably fast if I have a morning exam but if it's an afternoon exam or if I have 2 in a day, which I do, I won't fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    does "da yoof" still greet each other "wag1 blad"
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DAWG. We still do yknow g. HASHTAG SWEG.

ReputationRep:
    Totally will! I'm actually kind of excited but also a tad bit nervous as I've never taken an exam while fasting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.