Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of those many people that think they speak mainly in RP (few slips here and there) but doesn't really know for sure, I used to sound very common before I went to college.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Azhar Rana)
    Nah, I am just an average kid, anyways thanks for complement
    You seem cool. What made you choose that course?

(Original post by shawtyb)
    cant be worse then luton!! have u ever come over to visit us lot before? nice place
    I went to the Royal Derngate Theatre and the Shoe Museum haha. Have you ever visited Bedfordshire or rather Bedford?

(Original post by LittleIrishGeek)
    Same, I like an Irish accent as in someone from the south, but mines more like Belfast-ish, it's definitely not as nice
    It is still pretty. The accent seems so joyful and happy.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Pro Crastination)
    I'm one of those many people that think they speak mainly in RP (few slips here and there) but doesn't really know for sure, I used to sound very common before I went to college.
    I think that is what my accent is but I am unsure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)

I went to the Royal Derngate Theatre and the Shoe Museum haha. Have you ever visited Bedfordshire or rather Bedford?

Actually, mechanical things fascinate me by how they work. Like a mechanical clock, you see how time is kept constant, just by simple gears. The engineering behind that simple instrument is just incredible.

ReputationRep:

we have a shoe museum???? TF!
    yea! went shopping once and got stranded there for the night and never returned lmao!! the bus stop in town centre is like an absolute dive! and the freaks who roam the streets at night!
    i **** you not i had some guy try to persuade me to go with him because 'he wrote a book'
    and why tf did he think that would make me go with him? like seriously? get back onyour donkey mate
    pfft
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I speak with the RP (Received Pronunciation) accent so it is fairly standard.
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    The sexiest and nicest accent in all the land.
    Lies! It's clearly the Kerry accent!

Note that the Irish have at least 64 accents, at least 2 for each county, notably Northside Dublin and Southside Dublin (which is like an Irish RP); and Cork and West Cork.

(Original post by ForestShadow)
    British accent

I find British accents very unattractive.
    Apart from hot women's RP.

That is a good joke even if it's old
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Actually, mechanical things fascinate me by how they work. Like a mechanical clock, you see how time is kept constant, just by simple gears.
    Aw that is so cool. I'm more into English.

ReputationRep:
    Scouse or 'plastic' scouse, depending on whether that person is from Merseyside or not.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    we have a shoe museum???? TF!
    yea! went shopping once and got stranded there for the night and never returned lmao!! the bus stop in town centre is like an absolute dive! and the freaks who roam the streets at night!
    i **** you not i had some guy try to persuade me to go with him because 'he wrote a book'
    and why tf did he think that would make me go with him? like seriously? get back onyour donkey mate
    pfft
    Wait you didn't know?! It is a cool museum. I do apologise for the bad experience you had of our town, I can assure you we are not all weirdos. That sounds creepy and so scary.

ReputationRep:
    Aw that is so cool. I'm more into English.
    Wow, that great! English is such a beautiful language
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Aw wow that is so cool. Are you fluent in Dutch?
    Thanks! And...er...I used to be. :cry: After moving to Tokyo, and then to London (where I live now), I have forgotten everything. :cry2:

everyone speaks sick received pronounciation

i talk like a yorkshire chav with terrible dialect that no one understands, its soooooo bad but its who i am

ask defenestrated

Spoiler:
    Show
    those who know me know i can put lots of accents on, and one of these is a proper standard received pronunciation accent so i got that going for me at least
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by zanner)
    everyone speaks sick received pronounciation

i talk like a yorkshire chav with terrible dialect that no one understands, its soooooo bad but its who i am

ask defenestrated

Spoiler:
    Show
    those who know me know i can put lots of accents on, and one of these is a proper standard received pronunciation accent so i got that going for me at least
    I love the Yorkshire accent.

(Original post by serah.exe)
    Thanks! And...er...I used to be. :cry: After moving to Tokyo, and then to London (where I live now), I have forgotten everything. :cry2:
    Aw that is so sad, how did you lose it?

ReputationRep:
    Wait you didn't know?! It is a cool museum. I do apologise for the bad experimece you had of our town, I can assure you we are not all weirdos. That sounds creepy and so scary.
    no lmao! however there is an erotica museum in barcelona which i fully intend on visiting

haha i hope not!
    luckily my friend was in bedford that night with his mates and they put me up for the night.
    i was on my way back from a music video shoot and i just wanted to sleeeeeep
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Aw that is so sad, how did you lose it?
    Well, once I came to London, my parents never spoke in Dutch to me, I wasn't in a Dutch environment etc so there was no chance for me to speak Dutch.

I love the Yorkshire accent.
    its not even traditional yorkshire either its so weird lol

plus i sound like a croaky, raspy frog which probs kills it

thanks tho
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    no lmao! however there is an erotica museum in barcelona which i fully intend on visiting

haha i hope not!
    luckily my friend was in bedford that night with his mates and they put me up for the night.
    i was on my way back from a music video shoot and i just wanted to sleeeeeep
    Aw. Have you ever been to Luton? They hate us down there lol.

Wow, that great! English is such a beautiful language
    Are you serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    And a (very) little taster

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0n4TGI6ljee
    Good evening to you too bhaijaan
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I don't really have an accent. I pronounce things clearly and correctly (as per the North) when sober but when drunk my accent gets pretty strongly North Western.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Guess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.