The Student Room Group

AQA Physics AS exam 24th MAY and 9th JUNE 2016 (Thread)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asad_2015
Anyone got 0.06 for resistor

OMG YES I got 0.064 for something
Original post by Asad_2015
Anyone got 0.06 for resistor

I got that too.
Good to see people get 0.06.

People get 0.90V for stopping potential?
Original post by babyetu
Good to see people get 0.06.

People get 0.90V for stopping potential?

Yes.
Original post by Laceypr82
I got a decrease in 21% somehow don't know if it's right 😂

I got like 0.77%
Let me think of some other answers I got...

I got D for bungee jump material and accidentally put C instead of B for the lift cable (unless C is in fact correct).
800 and something for the distance travelled by the plane.
Momentum changes after air hits the deflector plates because momentum is a vector and air changes direction so the value becomes the opposite sign.
I didn't have a ruler for the chocolate question ffs so guessed the length. I then rearranged c=f x (wavelength) but idk about that one.
Weak nuclear at the end.

What did people get for the resistance of the probe when the resistance of R1 was 2.1 or something?
Original post by Kraixo
How many marks was that question

I believe 3, it may have been 2
Original post by babyetu
Let me think of some other answers I got...

I got D for bungee jump material and accidentally put C instead of B for the lift cable (unless C is in fact correct).
800 and something for the distance travelled by the plane.
Momentum changes after air hits the deflector plates because momentum is a vector and air changes direction so the value becomes the opposite sign.
I didn't have a ruler for the chocolate question ffs so guessed the length. I then rearranged c=f x (wavelength) but idk about that one.
Weak nuclear at the end.

What did people get for the resistance of the probe when the resistance of R1 was 2.1 or something?

0.12, iirc. You could have just asked for the ruler form inviligators!
Yeah I thought I got the resistance wrong, I ended up with a value of like 22ohms but forgot what I did haha.

Do people remember any of the answers for the wave questions?
Original post by babyetu
Yeah I thought I got the resistance wrong, I ended up with a value of like 22ohms but forgot what I did haha.

Do people remember any of the answers for the wave questions?

Was the frequency 2.5 *10^9 Hz?
Original post by 123chem
Was the frequency 2.5 *10^9 Hz?

My lack of ruler made me get a larger value for frequency since I got a smaller wavelength
Reply 151
Original post by 123chem
its 0.8%, i put numbers in it and stuff, took me bloody 5 minutes :P

I recall getting 0.8, but in my calculations, that was HOW MUCH of a factor the diameter decreases by, not the percentage decrease. I'm probably wrong :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 152
Original post by 123chem
0.12, iirc. You could have just asked for the ruler form inviligators!

I got 1.5 since I used rounded values i.e 2.3 as RT :/ Did they not say using previous value for R?
What I can remember from my 6 mark question
Reply 154
Anyone have the paper? Also, is there a lot of difference between the old and new spec? Is it easier or harder
Reply 155
Original post by aipomaniac
I used second and third just to be safe!

Engine exerts a force on air so air exerts a force on engine.
Air is accelerated as it passes through the engine so can also use f=ma

Didn't the question only ask as to whether the air exerts a force in the direction of motion?
I said bungee was D because it withstands huge strain which is expected of a bungee cord due to the change in length/extension of the rope. It also deforms elastically so it returns to its original shape when the load is removed which is effectively what needs to happen with a bungee cord considering...
Original post by Akashi
Didn't the question only ask as to whether the air exerts a force in the direction of motion?

It said considering the laws of motion, which would be Newton's 3rd law. This is because the jet exerts a force on the air and the air exerts an equal and opposite force on the jet, basically.
Reply 158
What did people get for the one with the voltmeter placed between A and B
Reply 159
Original post by babyetu
It said considering the laws of motion, which would be Newton's 3rd law. This is because the jet exerts a force on the air and the air exerts an equal and opposite force on the jet, basically.

Yeah, that's what I thought; was wondering why people also used second law - doesn't hurt I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest