The Student Room Group

Predict your hardest A-level exam this summer.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmateurRocketman
FP2 will slaughter me, C4 is looking worrying, and I'm not too confident for S2 and C3 either. Rest of maths should be OK, and Chemistry and Physics are all looking promising.

What board are you doing for chemistry? Am finding it hard to remember everything. I'm doing Salters.
lol a lot of people in this thread seem to be saying unit 5 chemistry....we're all in this together haha😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilli1997
What board are you doing for chemistry? Am finding it hard to remember everything. I'm doing Salters.

I know this isn't my conversation but just wanted to say I do Salters too! I get excited when I hear people that do it as it's a very obscure course that literally no one does😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
RS paper 1
Chinese speaking
English language paper 2
Maths M1
Maths C2
English language paper 1
RS paper 2
Chinese reading/listening/writing
Maths C1

I think that's the order... It's all pretty similar in difficultly, the only difference is how stressed I feel about them :s-smilie:
Decided to redo mine and rank them, hardest to hopefully the easiest (AS)

Breadth in Biology
- honestly terrible

Depth in Biology
- equally as terrible

History Unit 1
- the interpretations question is a killer. but the other two 20 markers /should/ be alright

History Unit 2
- source questions can be hit and miss

English Lit Unit 1
-closed book, but i know the texts (othello and death of a salesman) pretty well, here's hoping

English Lit Unit 2
- it's just Keats that might be a bit tricky. Tess could throw a curveball but it's open book so. And i know the text well

Sociology Unit 2
-i will be overjoyed if it asks about gender inequality. Also the first question about identifying two aspects of the data is truly glorious

Sociology Unit 1
-putting this tentatively as my easiest - who knows, might get caught up. But i've done so much work for this and i genuinely enjoy it so let us hope
Original post by She-Ra
Which one are you most worried about?

:cookie:

PHYSICS AND BIO UNIT 3 ial
Original post by She-Ra
Which one are you most worried about?

:cookie:

Physics and resiting some other modules.
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I know this isn't my conversation but just wanted to say I do Salters too! I get excited when I hear people that do it as it's a very obscure course that literally no one does😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you revise other than past papers? I need to find a way to remember things!

OCR Chemistry A I'm pretty sure. The older spec, this year's exams are F324 RPA (Rings, Polymers & Analysis) and F325 EEE (Energy, Equilibria & Elements).
(edited 7 years ago)
How do you revise other than past papers? I need to find a way to remember things!

For calculations (as I find them the most difficult bit) practice is all I do! I find as many questions as possible and get my teacher to create questions so I can practise. For long answer questions (ie colorimetry) I try to memorize the mark scheme as they ask you pretty much the same thing. Other than that, write down everything you can remember about a topic, look, Mark and repeat with all the topics to try and get my grade up! Oh and the chemical ideas book is really handy for questions haha
What are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
I'm not sure whether I want to go to uni. I don't know what I want to do as a career, so I don't really want to get a degree in something yet. If I was to get a degree I would pick something like maths or product design, because I wouldn't know what to do with a drama degree even though drama is my favourite subject.

Ah, four that must be a lot of work. What subject are you dropping? Have you got any linear subjects?

im either dropping phyiscs or biology and yh all of sciences are linear but my sixth form enterred us for AS exams this year aswell, how about you
historyyyyyy

with a small dash of economics because the essays are impossible(?) help
Original post by Saudah
Spanish Papers -_-
they will be the death of me
also if they make the Aeneid 40 marker super out there i might flip out

Are you doing Classics a level as well?
I think that's going to be my hardest exam... It's the one I'm most worried about because I feel like my essay structure, in terms of creating a well balanced argument, just isn't up to par.

English lit - should be fine if I can get all my revision done in time.

French - Again, with revision I should be ok.
Original post by Science_help
C2 maths

Just realised i did no work in maths since we started C2, and i cant even answer the questions in the paper, ah well, i just gotta work in the next 3 weeks and hope for it to go well

Dont panick just start doing exam questions by topic then the transition to exam papers .
I pretty much did the same thing, but i started revising 6 weeks beforehand. And suddenly everything clicked and i started getting As and i was getting Us and Es in march and april.
Sadly i got a B in the actual exam but an A overall. I am retaking it so i can get an A* and it just seems like the easiest thing since C1
I'd say chemistry was the worst!
There are a level past papers answered on AZ TUTORING on You Tube . Check them out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YeSand
I'm doing 10 exams. Easiest to hardest.

- C1
- C2
- F332 (chem unit 2)
- S1
- Physics unit 5
- Physics unit 4
- F334 (chem unit 4)
- F335 (chem unit 5)
- C3 (forgot most about it)
- C4 (killing me right now)

I'm doing 11 lol
I have: C3, C4 , M1, Physics G481,2 ,4 and 5 (basically AS and A2 lol), Biology unit 2 AS and F214 and 5 then there's AEA :frown::s-smilie:
Reply 156
Original post by ao_no_exorcist21
I'm doing 11 lol
I have: C3, C4 , M1, Physics G481,2 ,4 and 5 (basically AS and A2 lol), Biology unit 2 AS and F214 and 5 then there's AEA :frown::s-smilie:

I banged out 6-7 past papers for C4 and now it's making C3 harder. eek... :smile:

Spoiler

Reply 158
Definitely bio unit 5 ocr. Too much content and we just finished the syllabus. 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Superwoman212
Definitely CHEM4 AND BIO4

AQA? I find them both easy compared to Chem 5 / bio 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest