Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you miss from your childhood? watch

ReputationRep:
    No worries, endless hours playing football outside or playing with toys inside, the fact that the 6 weeks summer holidays felt like an eternity, visits from my gran every Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    Being able to walk into a shop with £1 and come out with loads of stuff. Now we have CCTV everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    - My school friends.
    -My head toy dolls that I used to LOVE
    -Not worrying about exams/homework
    -Drama free situations

ReputationRep:
    Wildly running around with no responsibilities, no stress or worries. Playing outside in the hot summer weather with my cousins and friends (specially in the summer holidays). Not having to worry/ think about keeping ''appearances''. Hassle free. The only time school was enjoyable and fun. Ahh the good, old days!

ReputationRep:
    - Being with friends traveling around playing rugby
    - Playing the PS1/2 with my dad
    - Turkey Twizzlers for school dinner
    - My First cat
    - Top that (Some porridge thing that came with chocolate to put on top)
    - Spending more time with family

ReputationRep:
    **** was a lot calmer in the 90's the world seems to have been shaken up since 21st century arrived and everyone and everything seems to have gone haywire.

ReputationRep:
    Being so calm and dressing however I want without being judged

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lack of essays. In fact, I miss not knowing what an essay even is.

ReputationRep:
    Not having a care in the world for anything, Pokémon Pearl, my DS, Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports and I'm sure that there are plenty more.

ReputationRep:
    The PS2 definitely, the KH1 ost still makes me tear up.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You're never taking Kairi's heart.

ReputationRep:
    I miss this show and the books from the show

ReputationRep:
    1) PS2 with games like Simpsons Hit & Run and Lego Star Wars
    2) Trading Pokemon cards in school despite not actually knowing how to play the game (did anyone? xD)
    3) Playing games like Bulldogs in the playground and getting lectured by teachers not to play it
    4) Ipod Shuffle's (2nd gen for my year)
    5) Flip phones, sharing music via bluetooth and thinking that touching the phones back to back would make it share quicker. If one person had a song the whole year would get it through bluetooth.
    6) No texting back then, instead it was notes on paper being thrown around the classroom
    7) When the teacher would wheel in the huge tv and you knew it was film time. VHS tapes were great. Going down to blockbuster to get them too
    8) The music. Nothing beat 90s/early 2000s
    9) The constantly changing trends - it was fun keeping up with them
    10) HEADS DOWN, THUMBS UP

That's from memory, there are plenty more

ReputationRep:
    I miss life without technology..everyone is so antisocial nowadays..so much for "social" media..
    oh and Tracy Beaker, tamagotchis, Sims 1, oh and there's a million classic TV shows from the late 90s/early 00s I could mention

ReputationRep:
    - Apple laces
    - Weird children's parties where everyone played pass the parcel to The Macarena.
    - S-Club 7
    - Actually having friends, because no-one in primary school cares whether or not you were cool.
    - Not having any exams.
    - Playing bizarre games, which usually involved invisible horses.
    - The plethora of random television programmes (eg. Binka, Krypto The Superdog, Pablo The Little Red Fox, Ethelbert The Tiger, Bel's Boys, Raven, Jungle Run, My Parents Are Aliens, W.I.T.C.H).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    What do I miss from my childhood?

- 10p Freddos
    - Panda pops
    - Tamagotchis
    - Summer holidays

AND the ultimate..

- Pokemon cards and Pokemon on the Gameboy.

What do you miss from your childhood?
    A time when the whole world could socialize and didn't revolve around mobiles and social media

And playing outside on bikes, climbing trees etc

ReputationRep:
    10p Freddos
    10p Space Invaders
    Lego
    Feeling Happy
    Chuckle Brothers
    Not having a care in the world
    Primary School
    My friends (from primary school)

ReputationRep:
    I miss the awe, like that feeling you get when you see or experience something totally new and it blows your mind. All my hobbies and favourite things started like that, but now I guess every time I do anything with my hobbies I'm really just chasing those old feelings and I never quite get it.

That's depressing as hell.

ReputationRep:
    I miss being able to check out little girls

ReputationRep:
    Sharing songs through bluetooth.Everyone using BBMWalking home from school with a gang of friends.The casual annoying teachers (I remember - everyone used to make the fire alarm go off every day, we had about 1000 assemblies because of it) aha.

ReputationRep:
    Mio and Mao! They were awesome little kittens

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.