Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://hannahhelpbiology.blogspot.co.uk/

Useful link, good luck ppl

ReputationRep:
    Will Plant reproduction come up?

ReputationRep:
    Is there a thread for the igcse chem exam for Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *megan*)
    Do you think anything on the eye will come up?
    Might, can't say for sure

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaa
    I'm going to cry
    dreading for exams ;T
    If anyone wants help please ask, idk ill probably learn something as well xx

ReputationRep:
    And also I've noticed that there is a REALLY high possibility of reproduction and whatnot would be on the paper because of the number of times it appears on the previous past papers, something to do with respiration (i think plants and humans - I'm making sure to know everything about anaerobic rest. + aerobic). Cloning i think will be on there due to the fact it never came up in last year's paper and Jan 2016's, i think that there's a high possibility of coordination and response and transpiration since that didn't come up as well. Making sure to look at specification:
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...logy-2011.html

ReputationRep:
    i just did a paper and got 119/120. Biology is my best science and i think i know all the content.
    I have a feeling yeast, fish farming, the menstrual cycle and plant and gas exchange will come up....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddog123)
    dont get what we need to know about fish farming
    Basically all that money stuff because consumerism is for the win!

So we farm them for food (which I don't agree with cause 'fish are friends not food' (sorry my inner 5 year old))
    the fish are kept in special tanks, water is monitored for the temperature, pH and oxygen level, and the water can also be filtered to avoid pollution. the tanks also stop them from using lots of energy
    Fish are separated by age, size, species, etc.
    this stops them from eating the little fish Intraspecific Predation
    they are kept caged off which prevents Interspecific Predation (predators such as birds killing them)
    Kept on a diet of food pellets which are high in energy, because the better the quality the bigger and quicker the fish will grow (this gets the farmers more money)

There, anyone else feel free to add
    You just need to know how to increase the money you get, and why you might not get money from it
    Who's excited for tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths_geek234)
    Is there a thread for the igcse chem exam for Thursday?
    we should make one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themightysandu)
    Basically all that money stuff because consumerism is for the win!

So we farm them for food (which I don't agree with cause 'fish are friends not food' (sorry my inner 5 year old))
    the fish are kept in special tanks, water is monitored for the temperature, pH and oxygen level, and the water can also be filtered to avoid pollution. the tanks also stop them from using lots of energy
    Fish are separated by age, size, species, etc.
    this stops them from eating the little fish Intraspecific Predation
    they are kept caged off which prevents Interspecific Predation (predators such as birds killing them)
    Kept on a diet of food pellets which are high in energy, because the better the quality the bigger and quicker the fish will grow (this gets the farmers more money)

There, anyone else feel free to add
    You just need to know how to increase the money you get, and why you might not get money from it
    Who's excited for tomorrow?
    Me!!!

ReputationRep:
    oh god im dying, i still need to learn like 30 pages worth of stuff in 12 hours... no sleep for me xD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCe)
    Me!!!
    Biology is gonna be fine (he said)

*after the exam*
    Since when did we need to know how to hack the matrix?

ReputationRep:
    themightysandu

If the ph probe in a fermenter stops working and the fermenter becomes acidic, how does this affect the production of human insulin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmbiology)
    i just did a paper and got 119/120. Biology is my best science and i think i know all the content.
    I have a feeling yeast, fish farming, the menstrual cycle and plant and gas exchange will come up....
    what do we need to know about the menstrual cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCe)
    themightysandu

If the ph probe in a fermenter stops working and the fermenter becomes acidic, how does this affect the production of human insulin?
    no clue but maybe you can come do my exam with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    no clue but maybe you can come do my exam with me
    If it's allowed I have no problem with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCe)
    If it's allowed I have no problem with it
    :love: fave

ReputationRep:
    what do we need to know about the menstrual cycle
    We need to know the stages, there are four:
    Stage 1- bleeding starts, the uterus breaks down for about four days
    Stage 2- The uterus lining is built up again from day 4 to 14, a think spongy layer of blood vessels ready to receive an ovum
    Stage 3- an ovum is developed and released on day 14
    Stage 4- the all is maintained for 14 days, if the ovum has no been fertilised the lining breaks down and the whole process starts again.
    We also need to know about the role of progesterone and oestrogen
    progesterone- maintains the lining of the uterus
    oestrogen- caused the lining to thicken and stimulates LH to release an ovum
    Hope that helps xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahmbiology)
    We need to know the stages, there are four:
    Stage 1- bleeding starts, the uterus breaks down for about four days
    Stage 2- The uterus lining is built up again from day 4 to 14, a think spongy layer of blood vessels ready to receive an ovum
    Stage 3- an ovum is developed and released on day 14
    Stage 4- the all is maintained for 14 days, if the ovum has no been fertilised the lining breaks down and the whole process starts again.
    We also need to know about the role of progesterone and oestrogen
    progesterone- maintains the lining of the uterus
    oestrogen- caused the lining to thicken and stimulates LH to release an ovum
    Hope that helps xxx
    Yes, Thank youuu!!! xx
    lmao that awkward moment when gcse students are better teachers than actual teachers

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Thank youuu!!! xx
    lmao that awkward moment when gcse students are better teachers than actual teachers
    haha truss me good luck x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.