Chemistry unit 6 June 2016

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorable98)
    So is that a formula I should know?
    It's a lot simpler than that makes it appear, it's basically just saying that the number of moles are equal (well for this technically it is actually 2 moles of thiosulfate per i2, but that makes no difference as it is just a number so the only thing that changes is the constant of proportionality)

(Original post by sabahshahed294)
    Ayman, how are the moles of Iodine and Sodium Thiosulfate equal? Like did you assume this that they are equal?
    Sabah, please look at this video if you know where the formula comes from - https://youtu.be/c9uJ42_7DEI

You don't need to know this for the course but it does help you understand WHY the volume is proportional to the concentration rather than it just is.

(Original post by PlayerBB)
    Yeah, It was tough lol but tbh I found the question about electrode potentials in IAL January 2015 much harder..........If I have done this paper(Jan 2015), I would come out subbing from that question
    Oh I liked all the IAL Jan papers! May 15 was my most hated one. Yuck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Sabah, please look at this video if you know where the formula comes from - https://youtu.be/c9uJ42_7DEI

You don't need to know this for the course but it does help you understand WHY the volume is proportional to the concentration rather than it just is.

Oh I liked all the IAL Jan papers! May 15 was my most hated one. Yuck.
    As above, that formula isn't quite true in this case

(Original post by samb1234)
    As above, that formula isn't quite true in this case
    So is this not a valid way of going about this? What a day to find out. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    So is this not a valid way of going about this? What a day to find out. :lol:
    That formula comes from equating moles, i.e. n1=n2. Therefore c1v1=c2v2. If the number of moles are not equal, i.e. say 2n1=n2, then you can do the same you will just have a factor of 2 somewhere in it

That formula comes from equating moles, i.e. n1=n2. Therefore c1v1=c2v2. If the number of moles are not equal, i.e. say 2n1=n2, then you can do the same you will just have a factor of 2 somewhere in it
    Okay, so the proportionality still works since it's a constant, yeah? -phew-

ReputationRep:
    lol. I hope tomorrow's paper goes good now! This thing is making me hell panicked!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so the proportionality still works since it's a constant, yeah? -phew-
    Yeah yeah, your constant of proportionality will just be either twice or half as big

Yeah yeah, your constant of proportionality will just be either twice or half as big
    Cheers, samb! You're always of such great help.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, samb! You're always of such great help.
    No problem at all, when is the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for tomorrow guys! Smash that exam

No problem at all, when is the exam?
    10:30 AM for me at +6 GMT.

ReputationRep:
    10:30 AM for me at +6 GMT.
    Tomorrow :afraid:. Best of luck, hope it goes well (and feel free to tag me in any other questions you have between now and then/ after/ for any of the other chem exams forces me to stop neglecting my chem revision lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Same goes out to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Thank You Saad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen.)
    Here is paper, markscheme and examiner report!
    holy **** thanks dude! i guess this is gonna be my last prep for exam, a full exam style paper. k well imma do this and go to sleep, bye guys

ReputationRep:
    guys what do we need to know about chromatography for unit 6 ? o

It's a lot simpler than that makes it appear, it's basically just saying that the number of moles are equal (well for this technically it is actually 2 moles of thiosulfate per i2, but that makes no difference as it is just a number so the only thing that changes is the constant of proportionality)
    I see, thank you!!

Why is this the answer:
    It contains a phenol group/has OH attachedto benzene ring.

I wrote x contains a Cl-
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baebae)
    guys what do we need to know about chromatography for unit 6 ? o
    At least know the simple chromatography for seperation of the amino acids.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.